Okoye (Warrior General) (5/15/18)

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those discounting her haven't properly imagined all of the instances in which her black passive will come into play.
    It applying to passive powers makes a big difference.  Make two TU matches to start the fight and Black Bolt is doing 13k per turn starting on turn 3.
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    but I believe Okoye's damage increase does apply to Ticket to the Multiverse.

Okoye's damage increase does not apply to Medusa's Entanglement.
    @Brigby, does that mean Okoye's damage applies to no CDs (Hawkeye, Carol, etc.)?
  • AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby, additional follow-up, if it doesn't fire when CD goes off, does it go off when a CD power is activated? (not at end of countdown, but when spending AP with an active to place the CD).

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Those discounting her haven't properly imagined all of the instances in which her black passive will come into play.

So I think there are a lot of open questions around this. The fact that it's a "power" that triggers it is rather unique. What are all these powers? Is it anything that deals damage?

@bluewolf stated (and it was confirmed on Discord) that Thor's passive green does not trigger her black, however Strange's passive yellow does (confirmed by @Brigby). Is it any power that deals power damage? Do CD's that go off later trigger her black? Does Daken double-dip her black since his is a two-pronged attack? Do strikes add to her passive?

What about other multi-attack powers, like 5* Parker green, Gwenpool green, Valkyrie red?

I'm holding out judgment on her. Had Thor's passive green proc'd her passive black, this would be a new meta and immediately shift Gambit to the side. But this is not the case. We need to learn what all proc's her passive black power because Gambit cannot destroy TU tiles.
    This will obviously need to be confirmed, but to me it sounds like any damage that is dealt by a friendly power (active or passive) that has been triggered will have her black passive damage added to it. So this would include 3* and 5* Strange's 'Flames of the Faltine' and 3* Thanos' 'Court Death' (but not 5* Thanos' as she'd be stunned before the damage is applied) as those passive abilities are triggered by in-game events. Thor's green 'God of Thunder' passive damage would be different as it's not triggered by an in-game event, rather it's continuously delivered as long as specific conditions are met (i.e. being below 50% health.) If this is the case, though, Black Bolt's 'Energy Channeling' probably doesn't get the benefit of her passive either. Has anyone confirmed whether this is the case or not?
  • Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

So I think there are a lot of open questions around this. The fact that it's a "power" that triggers it is rather unique. What are all these powers? Is it anything that deals damage?

@bluewolf stated (and it was confirmed on Discord) that Thor's passive green does not trigger her black, however Strange's passive yellow does (confirmed by @Brigby). Is it any power that deals power damage? Do CD's that go off later trigger her black? Does Daken double-dip her black since his is a two-pronged attack? Do strikes add to her passive?

What about other multi-attack powers, like 5* Parker green, Gwenpool green, Valkyrie red?

I'm holding out judgment on her. Had Thor's passive green proc'd her passive black, this would be a new meta and immediately shift Gambit to the side. But this is not the case. We need to learn what all proc's her passive black power because Gambit cannot destroy TU tiles.
    This will obviously need to be confirmed, but to me it sounds like any damage that is dealt by a friendly power (active or passive) that has been triggered will have her black passive damage added to it. So this would include 3* and 5* Strange's 'Flames of the Faltine' and 3* Thanos' 'Court Death' (but not 5* Thanos' as she'd be stunned before the damage is applied) as those passive abilities are triggered by in-game events. Thor's green 'God of Thunder' passive damage would be different as it's not triggered by an in-game event, rather it's continuously delivered as long as specific conditions are met (i.e. being below 50% health.) If this is the case, though, Black Bolt's 'Energy Channeling' probably doesn't get the benefit of her passive either. Has anyone confirmed whether this is the case or not?
    It looks to me like the power has to do damage.  God of thunder wouldn’t qualify since it doesn’t do damage, you just get credit for match damage for destroyed tiles.  Bolt’s passive deals damage so would qualify under that definition(if that’s how it works).

id also assume that means firing gambit’s red with no charged tiles on the board wouldn’t get bonus damage but with already existing charged tiles would work.
  • mega ghost
    edited May 2018
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

It looks to me like the power has to do damage.  God of thunder wouldn’t qualify since it doesn’t do damage, you just get credit for match damage for destroyed tiles.  Bolt’s passive deals damage so would qualify under that definition(if that’s how it works).

id also assume that means firing gambit’s red with no charged tiles on the board wouldn’t get bonus damage but with already existing charged tiles would work.
    I thought 'God of Thunder' dealt damage and destroyed tiles? That's at least how it's phrased in the ability. EDIT: Nevermind, you're right, that damage is attached to the active part of the ability, not the passive part. 

POWER COST  GreenTile  12
    The Mighty Thor charges his blows with lightning for an explosive attack, dealing 1814 damage to all enemies.

(PASSIVE) At the beginning of each turn, if Thor is below 50% health, destroys 2 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.

Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Deals 2177 damage, and passive power destroys 3 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.
    Level 3: Deals 2540 damage, and passive power destroys 3 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.
    Level 4: Deals 2902 damage, and passive power destroys 4 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.
    Level 5: 3265 damage, and passive power destroys 5 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.

At Max Level:
    Level 3: 10,209 damage to all enemies and Passive destroys 3 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.
    Level 4: 11,667 damage, and destroys 4 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.
    Level 5: 13,126 damage, and destroys 5 basic Red, Green or Yellow tiles.

• Basepuzzler
    Basepuzzler Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I assume the active green would work but the passive tile destruction wouldn’t.
  • mega ghost
    edited May 2018
    I assume the active green would work but the passive tile destruction wouldn’t.
    I just edited my comment, you're right, I never read the ability description properly and my Gladiathor isn't covered enough for use outside of the occasional 5* node. In which case yes, this would make a good argument for why Black Bolt's passive would get her black passive damage but Thor's green wouldn't.
  • laughingMAN
    laughingMAN Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Sm0keyJ0e said:

I think it's possible that God of Thunder doesn't proc because its damage is done by cascades rather than the power itself.  So my instinct is that Red Hulk's passive, which is similar but has a damage component, will proc it (but only the initial attack, not the cascade if there is one).

Similarly, powers that create countdowns don't proc because the act of "firing" it is creating the countdown (which does no damage), while the countdown going off does not actually count as firing a power - each is missing a part of the requirement. 

tl;dr: I think there's a decent chance that Blackbolt's passive will proc it.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee said:

Is there any other combo that can span quick damage in the 4/5* realm?
    Once fired, Yondu's arrow hits every round.  I don't know if that'll count, though.  It says "powers", so I assume the passive effect counts, but I could see it needing a trigger (activation or countdown).  Kraven does damage automatically with enough enemy specials on the board (4, I think), every turn, while depowering them.  5* - Bolt does passive damage when there's enough charged tiles on the board.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    and what about b4lade's passive red? 
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh my gosh. I just remembered the answer to the "cheap aoe" question. Sentry's green.

It'd be a return to Sentry as the PVP meta, because it's the fastest match. Bring 2 green and 2 TU AP, match some green, fire green ability, match some TU while waiting for countdowns. Destroy entire team.

Even with only one TU match, each countdown does 4k AOE. Two TU matches gives 8k AOE per countdown.

It'd be hilarious if the meta turned into a 5* with 3* as the top tier team for being the fastest.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah, just remembered why one listed character’s CD damage, Medusa Entaglement, wasn’t applying Okoye’s passive damage. Medusa CD deals its damage along with attack tiles, adding to the attack tile damage total, rather than being considered damage the power deals. So still a good chance that other Countdowns that deal damage per turn (Crimson Bands of Cytorrak for example) with still get damage boosted by Okoye.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    scottee said:
    Oh my gosh. I just remembered the answer to the "cheap aoe" question. Sentry's green.

It'd be a return to Sentry as the PVP meta, because it's the fastest match. Bring 2 green and 2 TU AP, match some green, fire green ability, match some TU while waiting for countdowns. Destroy entire team.

Even with only one TU match, each countdown does 4k AOE. Two TU matches gives 8k AOE per countdown.

It'd be hilarious if the meta turned into a 5* with 3* as the top tier team for being the fastest.
    The 3* team will get slaughtered by all the Panthos running around
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    And gambit will eat panthos
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    I like where this is going
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker

Another toon! Another character. Come on! Do something different.

Don’t get me wrong. She was easily one of the best characters in that film and could have had a standalone film of her own but ive got what? 65 other 4 stars twiddling their thumbs and playing kiss chase because the saturation of characters within this game hit 1 dunked cuppa tea status about a year ago maybe more.

Come on D3!!! 1,606 days of playing here asking for a little spice!!

Ironically Okoye seems to have a pretty cool power set. But still. COME ON!!!!

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yoik said:

Don’t get me wrong. She was easily one of the best characters in that film and could have had a standalone film of her own but ive got what? 65 other 4 stars twiddling their thumbs and playing kiss chase because the saturation of characters within this game hit 1 dunked cuppa tea status about a year ago maybe more.

Would you have a suggestion?

Because the most recent new things they've done (Fight for Wakanda and Supports) get regular negative criticism here on the forums. You want them to "do something different", but the mood on the forums suggests the exact opposite. They might have a better chance of delivering something worthwhile if we could provide more solid examples of what we want instead of "something different."
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc said:
    Yoik said:

Would you have a suggestion?

Because the most recent new things they've done (Fight for Wakanda and Supports) get regular negative criticism here on the forums. You want them to "do something different", but the mood on the forums suggests the exact opposite. They might have a better chance of delivering something worthwhile if we could provide more solid examples of what we want instead of "something different."

I understand what you are saying.

“ Something different “ would mean to stop saturating the game. The something different would be a use for all the toons we have had previously. The something different could be one of the suggestions inferred previously by D3 on surveys and specifically endorsed by a fair few people on the forum myself included where by our characters can be sent out on missions for a period of time to complete tasks or gather additional resources that are sorely needed. This as one prominent example which was produced originally by D3 themselves.

Granted the new toons are always “ different “ and the supports theme is new and unexpected and “ different “ but they are more of the same with regards to hoarding, gathering levelling, grind  etc etc. We still do not have a use for the what….. 180? Toons in game now. All points above have been stated multiple times by people on this forum so it’s all old news and stated previous to these “ different “ items they have brought out and after.

I guess if they go to the effort of asking for suggestions in a survey for example and people spend the time to give the feedback and suggestions and points you say might be constructive in your post, then when that in turn is not followed through with it can get a bit deflating which stirs the pot of annoyance such as my previous rant which was probably 51% negative and 49% grudging nod.

I don’t remember anyone asking for supports I do remember people jumping at the chance for missions in D3’s own survey…