Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dropped all three Opponents with a single firing of Riri's blue.
    Boosted Riri is like MPQ's 'Easy Button' at the 4-star tier.

Even though she won the big MPQ March Madness bracket thingy as everyone's favorite 4-star, I think I'd give up Carol before I gave up my beloved Riri.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same. Her boost weeks are my favourite. Between her and how great Damning Evidence is turning out to be, I wish I'd gone up to SCL8 for Simulator. She was also why I didn't complain about anything other than the Loaner nodes in FfW, just blew through pretty much everything with her.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same. Her boost weeks are my favourite. Between her and how great Damning Evidence is turning out to be, I wish I'd gone up to SCL8 for Simulator. She was also why I didn't complain about anything other than the Loaner nodes in FfW, just blew through pretty much everything with her.

Yep.   Damning Evidence is quickly becoming one of my favorite abilities, at least when JJ is boosted.  Also, it's shown me that Doctor Strange is apparently really ashamed of pretty much everything he does (or deathly susceptible to flash bulbs), because Damning Evidence has downed him, specifically, every time I've faced him in this current PVE ;)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ...how great Damning Evidence is turning out to be
    ZootSax said:
    Damning Evidence is quickly becoming one of my favorite abilities
    Today during the JJ required node in Simulator I had one match cause two Damning Evidences and take out Thor in one shot. Poor Thor, the God of Thunder taken out by a mortal private investigator and her camera.  ;)

I think before Jessica leaves the latest three I'll be burning my hoard to try and get her covered.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    ZootSax said:
    Today during the JJ required node in Simulator I had one match cause two Damning Evidences and take out Thor in one shot. Poor Thor, the God of Thunder taken out by a mortal private investigator and her camera.  ;)

I think before Jessica leaves the latest three I'll be burning my hoard to try and get her covered.
    Damning Evidence is the only cover I have for JJ, but I have been impressed with how often it goes off each match, even when i don't have enough blue to see where they are
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    ZootSax said:

Damning Evidence is the only cover I have for JJ, but I have been impressed with how often it goes off each match, even when i don't have enough blue to see where they are
    I also only have her blue, but I do have two covers in it. I really look forward to seeing how good she is with all three powers available.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Big Enchilada team today was 450 5/5/3 Thor, 1/1/2 255 JJ, and 255 5/3/5 3* Thanos. The fight was over before turn 4. Probably broke a personal record there.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Managed to go BAMFinite in Simulator yesterday. That was pretty fun.

The very best moment requires some explanation though: I use my 3* bonus hero to get more covers for replacement threestars with covers dying on the vine. Now I managed to end up with Three different covers dying on the vine, Sentry Yellow, Quicksilver green and Dr Doom black, so I ended up having to put down Three threestar bonus heroes. This made me a bit nervous since even covering a single character can get iffy sometimes.

Then a Heroic token gave me a Sentry red. Good, one to cross off the list, but the easiest one. Then a small batch of standard tokens (less than 10) gave me a blue Quicksilver - that one was sorely needed since he is 4/2/5 and a black is coming up in DDQ Before the old cover expires.

TL;DR version - I am back to only having Dr Doom as my bonus hero. He's 5/3/3, so it shouldn't be that difficult to cover him...

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The Nightcrawler node was fun.  I got into a bamfinity cycle on 2 clears and it was just hilarious just pressing on BAMF! until everyone's gone.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I used Nightcrawler, my newly champed Mockingbird, and my covered but un-leveled MEHulk on the Nightcrawler node in sim yesterday. Enemy team got a monster cascade that triggered Opportunist about 4 times, all 4 of those times turned into Gamma Powerbomb, which turned into an easy win. 
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    A few months ago a chain of pulls started that resulted in me having too many 4*s needing champing and/or more covers, and not enough iso to champ them all. I also had a 5/3/2 5* Thor that I wanted to cover while in latests and swaps were available. Sometimes solving 1 issue led to new ones.

In my pursuit of iso I morgaged up my robust 2* farm. Sold off all my 144s except bagman, most weren't getting rechamped for a while. I had most 2*s 2-3 deep in full covered level 15s.

I dipped deep into my hoards to get what I needed as bonus heroes. Standards to get needed 3*s, heroic tokens for 4*s, and legendays for Thors.

As of today, things are stable and my vine is empty! For the first time in ages, I have nothing needing iso right away and no worrisome builds. I still need to rebuild much of my 2*farm and want some iso surplus, but for now I can relax. Best of all, I got it done with 0 cover waste. The only covers I sold off were 1*s, and I only had to sell 2 of my maxed 3*s, neither of which will be missed.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Got the (badly needed) red Spider-Woman cover in my Taco Vault on my second pull!
    I'm after a 13th cover for Spider-Woman myself, but the one in my taco vault is an unusable purple. My 3* Thanos is 3 bonus hero covers away from giving me a black one that'll do it as of this morning though.

I had given up on Eye for an Eye at 750pts last night, because my 3clops is unchamped, and the nearest thing I have to a boosted 4* is a lvl 209 (13 cover) Sandman, and all these Riris were just eating my lunch. Went in this morning, spent my last Simulator vault token from the close of that event, and pulled...a usable 13th cover for Hulkbuster, which is what I was chasing in EfaE.

Same thing happened when I was getting stomped in the PVP a few weeks back trying to get my 13th cover for Mockingbird; climbed as high as I could having nothing but a champed Lockjaw, gave up, then organically pulled a 13th cover for her like two days later out of classics. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Covert Ops store is live. I was hoping I'd be swimming in 5* pulls considering I drew about 10 shots at Alias and didn't get any. First pull: 5*......purple Hawkeye. Still, I was missing that color on him, he is now tied for my highest covered 5* at 1/3/2 with 5* Lord
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spent 75 CP on Covert Ops store.

1st pull: 14th Chulk cover (guess he's next)
    2nd pull: Purple Kraven cover (1/3/1 now)
    3rd pull: Red 5* Cap cover

I'm good now :smile:
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I've done 4 Convert Ops pulls so far

1st pull Red Natasha
    2nd pull Red Natasha
    3rd pull champ level for Mockingbird
    4th pull Red Hawkeye

I'm only 2 covers away from finishing Hawkeye, would love to finish him!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 3* Mags got maxed out last night, so it's official: Except for Howard, Valkyrie, and Jubilee, I have the entire 4* tier covered. In the whole tier I'm missing a grand total of nine covers, at least until the next 4* is released.

On the very first token pull from the Thanos vault, I pulled one of the 4* covers (Ghost Rider green). And in the Covert Ops store, it took me eight pulls to get a Bearded Cap yellow. Unfortunately, no BW or Hawkeye covers to go along with it. 
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    The last 24 hours have just been great for me in MPQ. Hit 900 in Eye for an Eye without needing to shield. That also got me my Season 10-pack. Which contained 7 3* covers, 3 of which came with bonus heroes, so I ended up effectively getting 10 gold covers out of a 10-pack. I'm OK with the fact that there wasn't a 4* in there. I also picked up a 10-pack from the Steve Rogers vault, and the first item was the Covert Ops token. Then, while that plus the 150 CP I had available didn't manage to pull a Cap, I did get a cover each for Hawkeye and Widow, and all the 4* I got were usable.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Saw a couple folks reporting having gotten BeardCap from a single pull at the Covert Ops store and it weakened my resolve. I'd planned for only the progression tokens to be my pulls from that store, but I chose to spend 25 CP.

BeardCap yellow! Good to go for essentials now, and my AA is covered in such a way that I can leave him to an eventual feeder and go after JJ, GRRR, and BeardCap with a vengeance.
  • Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The new covert ops store opened up today with the new 5* cap, but right now I'm hoarding CP so I don't pull a 4* that will end up dieing on the vine. I got antsy and decided to pull till I got one that would die and pulled first a Nico who I have champed and then my second pull was a yellow for the new cap. His yellow is kinda weird but at least I got him B)