Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The LT from finishing Apoc brought Nico to 4/4/4!
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2018
    Options
       Just absolutely unreal RNG moments tonight.  I had been saving my CP to buy a blue cover to champ Vulture before a cover expired; my first latest legends alliance event token: Blue Vulture!  Secondly, before the event started Mockingbird was 5/5/1.  I nabbed one purple from the alliance event progression but since I no longer needed to save my CP to champ Vulture, one of my pulls from saved CP was the 13th purple cover for Mockingbird!.  As if that wasn't enough, all of my other Legendary and CP pulls were either a champ level or a needed cover; except I'm sure there would be some disagreement on how useful a Kraven cover is :wink:

The only negative side:  after many months of having more ISO than I knew what to do with, I'm sensing that an ISO crunch time is looming somewhere around the corner.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a leftover token from Bags to Riches which I hadn't noticed, opened, got a purple Bagman! I can champ him now! Not going to straight away but I feel like a grown up MPQ player now!
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I´ve achieved my personal highscore in PvP (2257) and got two Jubilee covers as reward for my effort.
  • kk3thess
    kk3thess Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Got a LT from a Punisher champion reward. Thought to myself "I hope that isn't a 5* cover", because I don't have how to roster 4* and 5* right now. Tap to open and there it was, that purple 5* token. In my mind I was like "nooooo... wait! Hope it is Archangel", the only 5* that I have. Not only it was Archangel, but it was a blue cover, bringing him to a 1/1/1. I know he isn't loved here, but for me it was a winning situation.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beat the War Machine DDQ. Got the LT. And it gave me... Jessica Jones Red cover!

She's 1/1/2 now. I can't wait to get her fully covered.  o:)
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pulled 13th covers for 4* Cyclops and AA. It was especially exciting for Cyclops who was 5/1/5 a few days ago.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Shield Resupply let me champ Fury. Since I recently got him fairly well covered, I've come to really like his yellow, on top of his blue. Hopefully going to find some teams he can work well on in some niche.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,187 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've been saving up tokens/cp while i stack ISO to champ this Mockingbird and save my cover on the vine, but in the Mystique PVP I landed my first Post-bags 2 riches Bagman cover, and it was of course....Blue. Except this time, I was all "Apply champion level...take that, RNG!" lvl 102 Bagman y'all. #KillingIt

In other news, I used a Bagman Web-Slinger teamup on the last Apocalypse attack tile I needed to get rid of that Horseman tile. Bagman ftw
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    So here  I was, lamenting our sad performance in Apocalypse getting to within a few hundred k of landing a Jubilee, maybe 1 more refresh of myself getting full personal progression, and looking at my champion Lockjaw being the only boosted 4* I have for her PVP, resigning myself to limping through PVE until I got one through progression. When suddenly, the & Friends token i got from today's 5e sub came up with...a yellow Jubilee! #score
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    My first time hitting 900 on just one shield. It was a little sketchy because my second target had apparently been hit a couple of times since I queued them up, so even tho I'd tried to give myself a bit of a buffer, I ended up at 895 after the two I'd planned. Fortunately, I got one of those weird random matches that turn up sometimes with someone way lower, and normally not worth hitting, but when you only need 5 points... :smiley:
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2018
    Options
    My first time hitting 900 on just one shield.
    I don't know if I'm doing something right, or wrong, but I've only ever hit 900 without shielding. It usually takes me the length of the PVP to get there, and I'll need at least one of the better boosted 4*s at champ to do it, but I've done it for most of the PVPs last season. Every time I've tried to shield up around 800, I just get stomped immediately after pop out of it. But if I resign myself to getting busted back 200 or so points every time i walk away, and then play some matches fast at a weird time, I've been able to get there with no shields at all. I couldn't get it done in that Mystique one though even with a shield; I only ever got to like 840. I really wanted that MEHulk too, because it would have been a usable 13th cover and i can stop throwing away all these yellows i keep getting for him, but when your only boosted champ is Lockjaw...
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The past 7 months have been pretty abysmal on the luck front, but RNG has seen fit to smile on me the last couple days.  On Sunday, I pulled a 5* Gambit red from classics, bringing him to 4/2/5.  Assuming Rogue rewards Gambit, I got on a pathway to a champed Gambit (whenever they see fit to implement her 5* rewards).

Yesterday, I pulled a purple 5* Hawkeye, bringing him to 5/5/2.  Bad news that to cover him now I've only got 1/3 of a shot at an already infinitesimal chance at another draw, so I'm thinking I might need to save up the CP to purchase the missing cover outright, because I've still got 41 levels to go on Kate before I get that color.  But even better news, I got another Gambit red as a BH, bringing him to 4/3/5!  Meaning, if they implement Rogue covers, I'm ready to champ immediately, and if they don't, I still have a decent chance from BH.  He's close enough now that PvP is no longer a total pass.  I can actually hit meaningful progression targets again!
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Took me 15 health packs and a 3hr shield so I could take a meeting in between, but I finally cracked 900 in Jubilee. I ended up using Yondu/4ocket even though neither is boosted. If you go in with blue/black stacked up, and a 3/5/5 Yondu, turns out even un-boosted he can be serious business. When I was lower down in points and retals weren't as big a priority, I would re-spec him to 5/3/5 just to get a free health recovery. Yondu is real dope on offense is what I'm saying lol. 

Now i have a 1/1/1 Jubilee for my troubles
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    My first time hitting 900 on just one shield.
    I don't know if I'm doing something right, or wrong, but I've only ever hit 900 without shielding.
    That sounds like something right to me. Probably has to do with the times we have available to play.

On a different note, I finally managed to beat War Machine's Crash. Tough fight for a 4/3/1 Rhodey.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I got a yellow bagman. That's like two this week. lvl 104
  • Pezman
    Pezman Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Phases of complete conquering this game 
    1. Max champ bagman ✔️
    2. Max out dp whales points ✔️
    3. I’m sure I’m figure out something else....
  • dadows
    dadows Posts: 59 Match Maker
    Options
    switched from hitting my enemies to dumping to them and now the dump wars have begun. it's a whole new mpq world.
  • TPF Alexis
    Options
    Having Mordo's purple ready to double fire after Recharge went off...with no other red or blue user on the team :smiley: