Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    With a Mystique cover on the vine, Mystique at 222 with a Purple Iceman cover as her next champion reward, and with Iceman (my 4-star Favorite) at 2/5/5, I decided to spend some CP on some Classic Legends, even though I don't have quite enough Iso (yet) to champion Iceman.
    The very first pull was a purple 5-star. Cool, I thought, maybe it will be a Gambit cover. I tapped to reveal the cover but it was only a purple Hulk/Banner, which put him at -/-/4. Oh well.
    And then the Bonus Hero popped up.
    After recently spending 1,000 CP and 15 Legendary Tokens without getting a single 5-star Bonus Hero, I just got one.
    It was a Purple Gambit putting him at 4/4/4. I now need just one Gambit cover, any cover, any color (& ~200,000 Iso ;) and I'll have my first 5-star champion.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,171 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I finally got (or maybe noticed) one of the magical mystery 13th cover Heroes 4 Hire offers today, so now I feel like one of the cool kids. My MEHulk has been hemorraging yellows while languishing at 12 covers, and there is a purple in there. I have a yellow on the vine, but unfortunately for Hulk i also have a 14 cover mockingbird that just needs iso with a similar expiration date, so she'll llikely be the one I champ. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I received my 100th and 101st LT today. Feels like an accomplishment as I continue to truly hoard for the first time in my MPQ career. I wasn't sure if I had the willpower to do this so I wasn't hoarding anything else, but now I'm adding CP to my hoard pile (now that I know my willpower is up to the task) and I'm going to see if I can get to that magical 300 pull point.

ISO is still a problem, though. I haven't finished out the 4-star tier yet and whenever I get enough ISO to champ one I can't resist.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yesterday I got 3 4*s from Heroics, including the 13th cover for Prof X, and an XFW cover that gave me an OML cover.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Ok, actual best moment: got a green Gladiathor (1/0/1) from Classic Legends, came with a Bonus Jessica Jones black (1/1/0) who I honestly forgot I'd set to my bonus hero. I'm not sure I actually want to chase all her covers, I'm considering moving it to somebody that I already have more covers for. Still pretty cool though.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I received my 100th and 101st LT today. Feels like an accomplishment as I continue to truly hoard for the first time in my MPQ career. I wasn't sure if I had the willpower to do this so I wasn't hoarding anything else, but now I'm adding CP to my hoard pile (now that I know my willpower is up to the task) and I'm going to see if I can get to that magical 300 pull point.

ISO is still a problem, though. I haven't finished out the 4-star tier yet and whenever I get enough ISO to champ one I can't resist.
    Have you noticed a slowdown on iso-gain from losing out on 4* champ rewards/shield rank XP? I'm curious if hoarding for covers is making the iso gate problem worse for people
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Dormammu said:

Have you noticed a slowdown on iso-gain from losing out on 4* champ rewards/shield rank XP? I'm curious if hoarding for covers is making the iso gate problem worse for people
    I still open all my other tokens and up until a couple of weeks ago I was pulling classics with my CP trying to cover some old 4-stars, so I don't think hoarding LTs has affected my ISO income much. I have noticed a much slower XP rate since I stopped farming 2-stars, but I've never relied on those level-up gains. I'm flush with HP right now and my 3-star roster is pretty advanced, so I stopped farming in favor of the immediate ISO gains from selling covers and that has increased my ISO income. I'm sitting on a full-boat of max-champed 2-stars (all except Bagman) so if I ever need to borrow from the Roster Bank I have that option.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JSP869 said:
    With a Mystique cover on the vine, Mystique at 222 with a Purple Iceman cover as her next champion reward, and with Iceman (my 4-star Favorite) at 2/5/5, I decided to spend some CP on some Classic Legends, even though I don't have quite enough Iso (yet) to champion Iceman.
    The very first pull was a purple 5-star. Cool, I thought, maybe it will be a Gambit cover. I tapped to reveal the cover but it was only a purple Hulk/Banner, which put him at -/-/4. Oh well.
    And then the Bonus Hero popped up.
    After recently spending 1,000 CP and 15 Legendary Tokens without getting a single 5-star Bonus Hero, I just got one.
    It was a Purple Gambit putting him at 4/4/4. I now need just one Gambit cover, any cover, any color (& ~200,000 Iso ;) and I'll have my first 5-star champion.
    Part II
    After getting my rewards from Meet Rocket & Groot, I now have 6 Mystique covers on the vine. Six!!! So I decided to spend some more of my now 330CP on Classic Legends, to see if I could maybe get an Iceman cover.
    First pull was a blue Shuri. Okay, cool, I don't have her fully covered so that's alright. She came with a Bonus Hero! Seriously! After getting a 5* Gambit Bonus Cover yesterday, my very next pull from the Classic Legends yielded a 4* Bonus Cover! Sigh. It's a green Iceman. I need his blue. Wait. Or do I?
    I hit the Claim Your Rewards! button and there was a train next to the blue Shuri cover and a TRAIN NEXT TO THE GREEN ICEMAN!!! Sorry. Got just a little excited when I saw it :)
    So I don't have enough Iso yet to champion Iceman, but I will, and when I do I can use those 6 Mystique covers...in fact...I can use them now, because they'll give me more Iso, and another Legendary Token, and I will get the Iso I need before the purple Iceman cover can expire.
    Iceman will be my 42nd 4* Champion (with 24 currently to go) and I'm just 1 cover away from having my first 5* Champion. Just like James Brown, I feel good! 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Last night I got a Moonstone cover that got me an Indestructable Hulk cover that got me a Totally Awesome Hulk cover. I love those cascading cover levels, I really hope someday to pull a 2* that walks all the way up to being a 5*...the only champ chain i have right now that could do it would be bull2eye->DD5, but my Kingpin is just a baby champ, and not very close to 280. Maybe I'll set that as an achievement goal and try to bonus hero my way to setting it up
  • Sluggo
    Sluggo Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can I roll three things into one "moment"? 

1) Went SCL8 for R&G PVE, was hanging around 3rd or 4th for most of the event, ended up taking 1st by a scant 4 points. (whew! and no tapping!)

2) The XFW rewards gave me my 13th OML. So after getting my first OML cover in October 2015, over two and a half years later, I finally have him fully covered. :-D

3) Did today's Crash, and the LT gave me my 13th Archangel! 

Best Friday the 13th ever! 

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Last night I reached 1700 in the Shield Simulator and was barely attacked over night so I figured this would be a good time to push for Valkyrie.

I got to about 1950 without much difficulty, but then found myself with only fights I didn't want being offered. Rather than pay for skips, I decided to be cheap and close out and reopen.

While out of MPQ I loaded Pokemon Go to see if there were any spawns near me. Just a Paras. May as well catch it though. 2nd ball caught it and I started checking it's IVs. Holy cow, it was a 100%! My first one in months.

Back to Simulator... apparently someone attacked me and lost which moved me from 2 wins from 2000 to within 1. So I found a winnable fight and reached exactly 2000 points! Now I can not care if I get attacked anymore, so if you see my team, kill away with my blessing.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Received my 12th Gambit cover from a bonus. He's now at the best possible combination of 4/4/4. Just one more to go, hopefully a black. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Finally got to my 10-pack in pvp. Got a professor X with a bonus MEHulk that put him at 13 covers, 1 on the vine, and a pair of bonus 3anos’s. I have Mockingbird ready to champ also with one on the vine, probably only have enough iso to save one of them. I’m leaning towards mockingbird at the moment.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    I’m leaning towards mockingbird at the moment.
    I would. She's fun.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Got mockingbird to champion today, and also pulled a 5th yellow 5* Daredevil from classics. The bad news there: he is 5/1/0, so I really look forward to dumping his covers. My LT from Mockingbird got me a champ level for Kingpin, so I'm already staring down the barrel of an unusable yellow...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I pulled my 13th Nico cover from a .. Classic, I think. Not one wasted cover for her. Now I just need ~300K to level her up, so I'll have to put any more Legends token draws on hold for a while.
  • Histamiel
    Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I got my 14th 4* champion yesterday.
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I had (5) 4* BPs on my vine and my BP was sitting at 3/4/5.  The first one was about to expire in about 2 days and I've been trying to pull a BP since I got him up to 12 covers.  FINALLY landed a BH BP to fully cover him and was saving up ISO to champ him.  I know how every 4* champed except for Valkyrie who's up to 9 covers and Jubilee who's at 2/2/2
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Hit this season's Heroic 10-pack prize today and cashed it in. Got two 4-star covers: my first Panther blue and Cho's first champ level for a LT which went to the hoard.

Beats ten 2-stars, which my last two 10-packs have been.