Why ruin this cool new event with stupid objectives?

Options
124»

Comments

• bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [MOD MIC ON ]  Before we get too off-topic: This thread has been designed to discuss the RtO objectives, further license can be given on length of the event based on the main post. Discussion of event rewards is something that matters to a lot of us, however it is off-topic and would be better suited for a new thread. Thanks! [//MOD MIC]
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This event kind of feels like it wasn't tested . On the node where we discard every turn we have to cast a bunch of spells and take a bunch of damage. It's like walking 8 miles uphill in the snow both ways to school. The "pump your merfolk by casting spells" node has a don't pump your merfolk objective, basically. The take 30 or less damage node pings you every turn. The win fast node has a kill x creatures objective. The event could actually be pretty fun, but the objectives feel like an afterthought. As it stands it's tedious in almost every way possible. And now we get to complain about losing rare rewards the same way we did about mythics . I really hope this event gets an overhaul . I've never said this before, but right now, I hate everything about ixalan . 
  • TomB
    TomB Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This event kind of feels like it wasn't tested . On the node where we discard every turn we have to cast a bunch of spells and take a bunch of damage. It's like walking 8 miles uphill in the snow both ways to school. The "pump your merfolk by casting spells" node has a don't pump your merfolk objective, basically. The take 30 or less damage node pings you every turn. The win fast node has a kill x creatures objective. The event could actually be pretty fun, but the objectives feel like an afterthought. As it stands it's tedious in almost every way possible. And now we get to complain about losing rare rewards the same way we did about mythics . I really hope this event gets an overhaul . I've never said this before, but right now, I hate everything about ixalan . 
    It's so consistent it almost seems intentional. I mean, every node has an objective that seems to work at cross-purposes to the node bonus' given by the indestructible supports. It almost HAS to have been done on purpose, like, as if to say "we've given you a bonus to use certain creatures/tactics but don't think that means this'll be THAT easy to beat!"

Sorry, but the whole thing just seems to have been poorly thought out and rushed to implementation.
  • theobserver
    theobserver Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    TomB said:
    It's so consistent it almost seems intentional. I mean, every node has an objective that seems to work at cross-purposes to the node bonus' given by the indestructible supports. It almost HAS to have been done on purpose, like, as if to say "we've given you a bonus to use certain creatures/tactics but don't think that means this'll be THAT easy to beat!"

Sorry, but the whole thing just seems to have been poorly thought out and rushed to implementation.

Not true for half the nodes.

Blue : obviously creature beatdown with supports. If those creatures are pirates, they synergise with support style blue.

Black : so bad.

Red : player cycles every turn to draw into spells for control. Synergises with control necessary for both objectives. Tribal possible but not optimal. Not enough control tribal cards in my collection anyway to try. 

Green : worse than black

White : vampire tribal is awesome in a life control deck. Both tribal bonuses offer abilities that help toward objectives. I went vampires, but I'm eager to try dinos once I get more. 
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Kinesia said:
    I like the no rare rewards thing. I know people are annoyed right now, but I used to wish I could get a booster again instead because the rares eventually became almost guaranteed dupes, the boosters were more interesting to open. (And, yes, in a strict "how many orbs does this net" thing the rares might be better, but they _felt_ worse when they were dupes.)
    Sure, early on the rares are great, but 60 crystals and a booster is actually more appealing to me overall. (Add 5 or 10 pink if you want though!)
    Do you realize that with a rare, even without the 50% bonus for dupes from the current set, you still get more orbs from a rare than you would from a booster?

And even with the 50% bonus in effect, you would still have to consistently do better than 3 uncommons per 5-card booster just to get an average that merely equal what a dupe rare could get you.

Rares are a better deal all around. If you get a new one, great, you don't have to craft it. If you get a dupe, well, at least you've got some extra orbs to work with.

Edit: I just rolled over from page three to page four and noticed the Mod's comment. Whoops...
  • Kinesia
    Kinesia Posts: 1,621 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I actually think the event was tested _without_ objectives and they were added at the last minute with less thought. They did some things like up <10 damage to <30 damage because they'd heard us about that, but they didn't realise the implications of some of the others.