Why ruin this cool new event with stupid objectives?

Options
Gilesclone
Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
edited February 2018 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Seriously! In blue Merfolk are pumped by spells, but wait, the objective is 2 or less spells.  This is Embalm creatures that can’t die all over again.

And 2 lose life objectives?  Please!  

That’s not fun it’s 5 nodes of torture.

Comments

• Indymon
    Indymon Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I really wish they were tribal objectives, like summon two or more pirates, etc. 
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Totally!  Tribal would have been perfect
  • ILikePancakes
    ILikePancakes Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This current event is disappointing so far. With the first couple of nodes I played I made event decks that would take advantage of the boosts. Getting my butt kicked b/c most of my opponents aren't using Ixalan cards, so I said screw it and and abandoned any theme deck based around Ixalan for the remaining nodes.

Tangent:
    That's another thing, you can't change your event deck once you set it, but if you use a non-event deck slot, you can still change out your cards by going to the deck screen outside of the event. So, can we please have the option to edit event decks?
  • System
    System Posts: 1,026 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Why we are disappointed in Ixalan's cards.
  • G_pretender
    G_pretender Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This current event is disappointing so far. With the first couple of nodes I played I made event decks that would take advantage of the boosts. Getting my butt kicked b/c most of my opponents aren't using Ixalan cards, so I said screw it and and abandoned any theme deck based around Ixalan for the remaining nodes.

Tangent:
    That's another thing, you can't change your event deck once you set it, but if you use a non-event deck slot, you can still change out your cards by going to the deck screen outside of the event. So, can we please have the option to edit event decks?
    You can edit your event decks. You can't select a different PW, but you can change your deck. 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @ILikePancakes I edit them regulary? Don't get your point there (second half of your post).

Generally, I agree.. Some secondaires just don't feel right. Also, I want to add that it is really confusing to have the same secondaries as in old events with a new wording to them.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2018
    Options
       I must say that im glad they didn't apply tribal objectives + tribal bonuses ... The impact for the players that doesn't have good tribal cards would have been too huge. I was wondering if the design of the event would benefit exclusively to the players that luckily pulled some good tribal card among the lot of bad ones... i think its better if it isnt so.

I must still conceed that some secundaries are boring and dont fit at all with the tribes involved in the nodes ... They could have been distributed more wisely ... 
       Some of them also dont fit well together ... Less than 10 turns and kill 5 at the same time is quite tricky if you aint got the proper cards or a bit of luck.

On the other hand I'm quite happy that the loose less than 10 has been reimplaced by less than 30 ... With all the direct damage around here (HOD on top because it deals 12 in a single hit)  it had become mostly a matter of luck (even if there were some options to reduce the probability).

The fact that standard wins dont allow any ribbon if you fulfill no secundaries seems more problematic to me ... its not the kind of thing that will help casual player to get benefits from this event.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Tribal objectives would have been pretty easy with the node mechanics already promoting tribal. But they could'e done objectives for the other new mechanics to make us play with some new cards: explore, treasures, and lands.
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    You want stupid???

Try a node that puts shields on supports on creature summons....IN A GAME WHERE OMNISCIENCE EXSISTS!!
  • khurram
    khurram Posts: 1,080 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You know all those people who defended the weak **** cards of ixalan and said it will feel better when you play them during the events because of all the boosts going around on each node

Well how do you feel now?
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Personally I enjoy the event.  Yea I dislike low life objective greatly, however I think the most innovative idea is that winning isn't actually worth any points!  You MUST complete the objectives, as opposed to just playing SmasherDeck#5.
  • Aeroplane
    Aeroplane Posts: 314 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I'm fine with objectives except for the HP conditionals which always seem tedious. Noticed the Greg force is not strong with this event. The unbreakable supports may screw with the skyfall. To note , support destroy cards will be wasted on the unbreakable supports.
  • Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Not everyone had the chance to build their thematic pirate, vampire, human, dinosaur or merfolk deck. As most people don't have enough cards for decent thematic decks, the secondary objectives are just fine
  • Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    BTW, event is easy so far: just ignore the node mechanics altogether: cycling exsists....
  • Furordraco
    Furordraco Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Long live cycling. As a newly plat, it's extremely hard to deal with decks full of mythics
  • Skiglass6
    Skiglass6 Posts: 149 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What is the point of the “have 20 or less HP at the end of the fight” if the game can not figure out that 17 is less than 20. And that 17 is not 21. I had 17hp for 5 rounds before I finally killed opponent on my 34th turn because it took that long for me to take that much damage. Then I do not even complete the objective. So frustrating. 
  • theobserver
    theobserver Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    As a tip: try to take constant damage and not heal. The internal hp counter is messed up and you apparently heal if you haven't taken damage for a while.

Bonus tip : this works for hp>X objectives too. 
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I have to mostly agree with the sentiments here. I like a challenge and building new decks but that only works if you don't use IXL cards which the bonus supports want you to do. So, either I want to get the advantages and lose the game or I win easily and play the same cards I've been playing for months.
    • Counter-programming objectives and nodes bonus doesn't help.
    • That most nodes take forever to play if you want to get the objectives doesn't help.
    • Rephrasing the objectives although they're exactly the same as before doesn't help.
    • Freezes when you check if you're done with objectives doesn't help.

I so want to like this set and new events but the game makes it really hard on both sides.
  • ArielSira
    ArielSira Posts: 494 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Skiglass; you most likely gained life while being at full health; that usually messes it up.