*** Beast (Classic) ***

1151617181921»

Comments

• DCUDCU
    DCUDCU Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Beast is great paired with Px, as his 6 AP blue gives you a ton of tiles(for those still using some 3*).

For DPD final node, try 3* Cyclops/Beast/PX. Fun team.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    DCUDCU wrote:
    Beast is great paired with Px, as his 6 AP blue gives you a ton of tiles(for those still using some 3*).

For DPD final node, try 3* Cyclops/Beast/PX. Fun team.

That is exactly what I play on DPD. And my PX is default, no ISO into her yet. Really strong and fun team icon_e_smile.gif
  • dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Beast really shone during the recent EotS. Teamed him up with Scarlet Witch and IM40 for his essentials. Three AoE abilities, 99% of the time you'll have a special blue tile to feed Animal Inside, and eternal AP providing you can constantly Recharge

I normally roll with Beast/SWitch/3*Cyc, I'll have to try the IM40 combo - sounds like a winner.
  • Miztiq
    Miztiq Posts: 23
    optimiza wrote:
    Beast is part of one of my favorite PVP teams - 5/5/3 Kamala, 3/5/5 Gamora, and 5/5/3 Beast. The team gets underestimated a lot because Gamora and Beast aren't considered good, but this team has synergy out the wazoo.

Rainbow coverage, and two cheap powers mean that you have healing at will and decent damage and utility. Beast's green after he gets a special tile out is good and pretty underrated. This is also the one you want to use with this team, with KK accelerating him. The match might last long enough that you get the 12 black needed for Gamora's black, and in that case she tanks all her colors for max strike tiles. In all, these three have good offense, great sustain, and plenty of pestering power. I've champed all three of these chars, and don't regret it a bit.

Thanks for that. Just used this team to get through a lvl 320 essential node in Gauntlet - with Beast and KK at ~175 and a lvl 100 Gamora - and it worked beautifully.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    This makes me wonder if it would be worth putting 20 CP into buying what will become my 13th Beast cover so I can champ him and pump him with the extra covers I have waiting.
    You're basically trading 20CP for a LT, which results in a zero gain. Or you could cash in the dupe covers for iso and wait to get more Beast covers, which aren't that rare. If Beast was a top tier 3-star that you wanted to use in battle a lot I'd say spend the CP, but you said yourself he's not a big priority.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    mexus wrote:
    I have Beast at 11 covers. I am not very interested in prioritizing him, however I also have 3 (!) extra covers in the cover queue (they expire in 11 days!) and I know there is a blue cover in DDQ to claim on 10 days which will land me at 12 covers.

This makes me wonder if it would be worth putting 20 CP into buying what will become my 13;th Beast cover so I can champ him and pump him with the extra covers I have waiting.

You're effectively trading 20CP for a Latest Legends instead of a Classic Legends token. I say go for it. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    It depends on the rest of your roster, but I definitely like Beast in general and would suggest buying the cover with the 20CP. I prefer his build at 5/5/3 since his healing at 3 is still hefty.
    His blue is good and cheap for decent strength specials, and you certainly must only use his green power once you have a blue special tile on the board (even if it's from another ally).
    Also, his Champ reward at level 183 is Jean Grey green power. Champing him will move you toward that faster.
  • Ragnoluce
    Ragnoluce Posts: 50 Match Maker
    edited January 2018
    I'm probably not blowing anyone's mind here, but one team that has put in serious work for me over the last 6 months is Beast/Carol/Coulson. When he's boosted, 6 Blue & 5 Yellow will get you:

3 Special Tiles
    2 Shield Tech Countdowns
    3 Procs of Executive Decision by the end of the next turn (Or by the end of your current turn; if you have enough Team-Up AP lying around)

It's kind of like a 3*/4* version of the Hawkeye/Coulson/Carol pairing; with slightly more setup Absolutely devastating on waves, and even more fun now that the UI tells you the exact amount your tiles are buffed :smile:

EDIT: I guess I don't understand how embeds work on this board yet... https://imgur.com/a/CFeuZ