Your Best MPQ Moment of the day (positive thread)

Options

Comments

• Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've really been struggling with the Thing crash, mine is at 2/2/3. Since his yellow is useless without an ally anyway, i have to rely on his two really expensive powers that don't really do any damage at the levels I have them. 10 red ap for a 1 turn stun and 1020 damage or 12 green ap for board shake and 1637 damage just isn't enough to get it done. Best I've been able to swing is getting torch down to 2k hit points before he kills me.

Even with my champed Thing it took 2 or 3 tries.  He's just not a good character on his own.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Got enough HP to pick up the red Thing Cover from HfH, and managed to pull the green that was in my Taco Vault, bumping him up about 40 levels, and giving me enough extra health and damage that I was finally able to beat his Crash.
    Not objectively better, but I'm actually happier about the fact that I picked up two more America Chavez covers, one off a bonus hero, the other from the Kraven & Foes Vault. Those let me bring her up to 209 and complete another SHIELD Training node.
  • TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Snatched those sweet 1000 HP from the Taco Vault. Roster slots ahoy!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Huntah86 said:
    DarthDeVo said:
    My last store token from Hearts of Darkness landed me a Kingpin (2/2/4). Still not quite what I'd call usable, but maybe that's enough covers to get through his crash next time.
     Ugh. His crash last time was against Luke Cag3, and it really highlighted how bad his "buff" was. Not necessarily a hard Crash (for a champed KP), but definitely annoying and a slog. Undercovered Kingpin is an entirely different proposition; it basically goes from annoying slog to one of the hardest Crashes around. 
    I couldn't agree more, I have a champed KP in the 290s I think and it still took a while for me to win.  I HATE his "buff" at least before he could do some pretty decent damage to a single enemy with his finger poke of dumb. Now it's just very below average AOE
    The worst thing about the change to his black is that it requires at least one CD to do damage. Before, you could still use it for at least some damage with no CDs present, and decent damage if there was at least one. 

So in theory, if you had five covers in black and purple, you could still maybe win his Crash. Now if you don't have at least one yellow cover, it's literally impossible.

And then to top it off, there's the whole "single target or AOE damage" that's conditional on the number of CDs. Not a bad idea in theory, but the game needs to recognize that in a one-on-one situation, it never should utilize the AOE function and should only ever remove one CD and do the single target damage no matter how many CDs are on the board. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wouldn't you be better off just letting the countdowns expire in that scenario?
  • Bleh5
    Bleh5 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bleh5 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Bleh5 said:
    zodiac339 said:
    Bleh5 said:
    Four legendary pulls, two five star bonuses.
    Where's the "Jealous" button when you need it??? :D
    Well, he didn’t name names, so let’s go with it being:
    2 five stars, Doc Oct and Banner. 2 bonus heroes, covers 6 and 7 for a 5/0/0 Thanos.
    Heh. The two pulls were Blue Archangels. First bonus was my 12th Thanos (5th black); second bonus was my 11th Gambit (to be swapped for a usable cover).
    Hmm, I think they only swap the token pulls themselves and not the bonuses. Let’s hope I’m wrong about that. You need to set that yellow heart on the 5* you actually want.
    I'm reading that they'll do bonus pulls too; will report back one way or the other 
    Just got my swap from CS. Confirmed that they'll do a swap for Bonus Hero cover.
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Wouldn't you be better off just letting the countdowns expire in that scenario?
     It depends on how many covers you have in yellow, or if any of the CDs have been matched away. 

Also, there's a very real possibility of the following situation: You've gathered enough AP to fire yellow and black, but you're low on health, either to the point where you can possibly be finished off by match damage before the tiles resolve, or Cag3 has enough AP for his yellow or black the very next move. So essentially, you've only got one shot. 

Now in this example, Cag3 is low enough on health that the version of black that removes a single CD would be enough to finish him off, but not the version that removes three CDs and does much less AOE damage instead. Because the game can't tell the difference or give us the option to decide if we want to remove one CD and do single target damage or three CDs and do AOE damage, you will lose what could have been a winnable Crash. 

And if you've never been one move away from winning a Crash and end up losing, then consider yourself lucky. It's very frustrating. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Holy ****, I finally beat the Thing crash with a 2/2/3 Thing! Went in with AP stacked and maximum damage bonus on criticals.  It was down to the wire, but I got it! Got a blue Lockjaw (4/4/2) from the LT 
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Holy tinykitty, I finally beat the Thing crash with a 2/2/3 Thing! Went in with AP stacked and maximum damage bonus on criticals.  It was down to the wire, but I got it! Got a blue Lockjaw (4/4/2) from the LT 
    At least you wont see the Things crash again till around November 2018 :)
  • iron-n-wine
    Options
    Best moment for me? A champ level for Ragnarok resulted in a LT which gave a Green R&G (to make him the dreaded 2/5/5) and bonus America Chavez red (1/1/1)

At least having a character at 12 covers seems to result in a HFH offer these days when the inevitable 6th cover in a colour comes in - had this happen for both Wasp and Thing in the last couple of weeks
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Holy tinykitty, I finally beat the Thing crash with a 2/2/3 Thing! Went in with AP stacked and maximum damage bonus on criticals.  It was down to the wire, but I got it! Got a blue Lockjaw (4/4/2) from the LT 
    I've said it a few times before, but the most rewarding thing in this game for me right now is winning a crash with a wildly under-covered 4*. The older 4* characters that were more about expensive powers that provided self-synergy are harder to do it with if you're missing that key ability though. Like for instance my Red Hulk, until recently, was 3/0/5, but now that have a single cover in green, I can actually start to chip away with that 567/1492 damage nuke <rolls eyes>.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spent 100HP for a Heroic token, got a G4mora, and then the bonus screen appeared. It was a Purple Iceman, putting him at 2/5/3.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To pull a green cover for America Chavez from the Kraven & Foes vault, bringing her to 4/2/4.
  • iron-n-wine
    Options
    I've said it a few times before, but the most rewarding thing in this game for me right now is winning a crash with a wildly under-covered 4*. The older 4* characters that were more about expensive powers that provided self-synergy are harder to do it with if you're missing that key ability though. Like for instance my Red Hulk, until recently, was 3/0/5, but now that have a single cover in green, I can actually start to chip away with that 567/1492 damage nuke <rolls eyes>.
    Totally agree - its the part of the game I look forward to the most
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Champed my first 5* (Jean Grey Phoenix) after much scouring of the forums to make sure it won't mess with my PVP scaling toooooo much (I usually have enough champed and boosted 4*s for each PVP)
  • Bleh5
    Bleh5 Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Bleh5 said:
    Four legendary pulls, two five star bonuses.
    Four more pulls today. Got:
    1. 14th cover for Drax (not champed, no intention on champing just yet)
    2. Champ level for Invisible Woman
    3. 12th cover for Gambit (Black)
    4. 13th cover for Gambit (Black) with a Bonus 14th cover for Gambit (Red)

Need a lot of ISO in the next two weeks so that 14th cover doesn't go to waste. Hoarding now until either Gambit gets champed or he leaves legendaries.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Today, I got a purple Howard in "Webbed Wonder", champed him and officially completed Marvel Puzzle Quest (https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/756757#Comment_756757).  Sure I'm going to still keep playing, but that still happened :)
  • DarthDeVo
    Options
    Pulled the purple Ant-Man cover that was in the Kraven vault, adding him to the 13 Cover Club.