*** Gambit (Modern) ***

Options
12346»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

The good threestar champion rewards are all back loaded. In my view, you sold him Before you got the good stuff.

But hey, HP is nice too.

• OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options
    New 3* Gambit is pretty decent with the right teammates. Iron Fist seems like his best friend: Gambit's black raises purple and red AP gains, IF's purple fills the board with black. It's not quite a Winfinite but it's really good. Throw in 4* Thor to use the red and the charged tiles. The biggest downside is that Gambit's black does a significant amount of friendly damage so using it endlessly will deplete a 3*'s life. In fact if the enemy has some decent protect tiles out it can do more damage to your own team than the enemy. 

Cloak & Dagger is another good partner for the black tile generation.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @D4Ni can you update the OP?

Stacked Deck (Black) - 5 AP

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorry, D4N1. @D4Ni13 is the actual OP
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'd love if the Gambit nerf hadn't been Sentry and Ragnarok-esque, given how much I inherently loved the character when I was growing up. All that had to be done was remove Gambatteries and slow down his AP gain a bit. The former should have been achieved like they did for the 5 star version by just blocking allies from firing red / purple powers. The latter could have been solved by taking a page from Scarlet Witch:

Stacked Deck - Black Passive
    If one does not exist, create a 3 turn black countdown tile that generates 2 red and 2 purple AP for your team when it resolves. Blocks allies from using red and purple abilities.
    - Level 2 - Countdown generates 3 purple & 2 Red AP
    - Level 3 - Countdown timer reduced to 2 turns
    - Level 4 - Countdown generates 3 purple and 3 Red AP
    - Level 5 - Countdown timer reduced to 1 turn

At level 5, this would result in half the AP generation of original 3 Gambit, due to there being an extra turn between one countdown expiring and the next one getting created. Additionally, the countdown tile has the chance of being matched either at creation or by the enemy team, further slowing down his AP generation.

Would have made him no-longer overpowered, but still a very useful character. Now, he has simply been turned into a bottom dweller at the 3 star level.