Comments

• zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    zulux21 said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Did we ever get an answer as to whether or not a 0/0/5 Gambit generating Purple/Red AP every turn that others can use is intentional?

@Brigby

Yes we did, but I cannot tell you exactly where. Either in the article, either in the 5* thread... 
    If you don't have covers for red & purple, then Gambit doesn't have any active ability and you can generate those colors for other use. And it is intended.
    it's going to make me roster at least 3 3* gambits lol.

0/5/5
    0/0/5 (already have)
    and one to champ.

But can you recruit another character if you don't have the current one at max level ? I mean you have 0/0/5 and you earn a red cover. Can you recruit it to a separate spot ?
    yeah, there is a button you can press to recruit one (I don't have a cover to show the button right now but I do have my two gambits in progress already)
    mexus said:
    Hey ya'll. Beware:
    Your 0-0-5 Gambit's will get downed in 2 turns, even at 13 covers (level 170) his health is very low.
    A 0-5-5 Gambit = very nice Thanos fodder.
    In PVP sure, my partially built ones are mostly for PVE.

I mean a 0/0/5 gambit + starlord + grocket will be nice in PVE to deal with any high level goon only nodes as you will be able to use starlord's purple to repeatedly remove their tiles.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options

Has anyone tried running Gambit with Mockingbird?  I was wondering if Opportunist could trigger Bombshell or Secret Mission even though they can't be fired directly.

:edit: Just tried Gambit / Mockingbird / Coulson, Bombshell was fired.

:edit 2: Note to self, kill Gambit last when he has Riri in his team.

• D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options

Has anyone tried running Gambit with Mockingbird?  I was wondering if Opportunist could trigger Bombshell or Secret Mission even though they can't be fired directly.

I asked this question a while back. Nice to finally know the anwser. So Bombshell can be fired, nice. 

And yeah, that is a key strategy there. If you kill Gambit after he manages to gather AP for another team mate, it could be deadly :)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:

I asked this question a while back. Nice to finally know the anwser. So Bombshell can be fired, nice. 

And yeah, that is a key strategy there. If you kill Gambit after he manages to gather AP for another team mate, it could be deadly :)
    Yeah this is my go-to strategy. At least with Gambit alive, they'll only be firing Aces & Eights with all that Red, which, although tedious, isn't instantly fatal.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Did we ever get an answer as to whether or not a 0/0/5 Gambit generating Purple/Red AP every turn that others can use is intentional?

Brigby

Yes. I believe the Marvel article had been previously quoted as evidence, but if Gambit does not have any covers in his Red or Purple ability, then allied characters are able to use their active Red and Purple abilities.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I fought my first 0/0/5 Gambit last night in the SHIELD sim. I hope to find more, because that team was easy pickings.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Lucky you I have not seen anybody ballsy enough to leave that up in pvp. :)
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since defence literally does not matter in shield 005 gambit should be a pretty good choice there

• Dormammu
    Options
    poomermon said:
    Since defence literally does not matter in shield 005 gambit should be a pretty good choice there

Defense is the exact same has it been since day 1: how bad your team can scare someone into skipping. Carnage/Medusa/Iceman I'm gonna skip. 0/0/5 Gambit makes me drool.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    poomermon said:

Defense is the exact same has it been since day 1: how bad your team can scare someone into skipping. Carnage/Medusa/Iceman I'm gonna skip. 0/0/5 Gambit makes me drool.
    People say defense is irrelevant, I remember when Carnage came out, that wasnt the case. People completely lost their **** over him.  Defense is definitely important but people prioritize offense.

With that said Gambit is nasty to fight but he isn't the worst I've seen. And I'm anticipating worse in the future.
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    Options
    There are no placement rewards in SHIELD sim, and progression is from the number of wins. So defence only matters there if you are relying on the SHIELD sim points for season placement.

I say thumbs up to all the fine folks leaving easy teams to help others reach progression faster. Though with 5* MMR, can we even queue a team with 3* Gambit on it? At the very least it should help those in 4* land, and provide some nice retal nodes later on.

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Well, I joined the many who built a Gambattery. Primary drawback is having to navigate to the 0/0/5 every match, but I appreciate having a new option (several options) to deal with Grockmoradusa. Blade and Coulson. Blade and Ant Man. Elektra and Quake (or maybe Invisible Woman). Mordo and Rogue (used red three times! Sugah’!) Mockingbird and Iron Fist (Vulture would wreck too). Eventually, Spider Gwen will move up from where she’s waiting for ISO and extra covers, and I’ll run Gwenmora for all those double stuns. Note to self: test Carol, Winter Soldier. And Furybl4de.
    EDIT: I am so sorry to the 4 people who lost to my defense of Gambattery, Rogue, and Mordo (I think they were what I used).
  • Anon
    Options
    So what' 3* Gambit preferable build? Im guessing 5/3/5.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Anon said:
    That's what I run. The damage difference on 3 red vs. 5 isn't big enough to warrant a reduction of his other two skills.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    zodiac339 said:
    Well, I joined the many who built a Gambattery. Primary drawback is having to navigate to the 0/0/5 every match, but I appreciate having a new option (several options) to deal with Grockmoradusa. Blade and Coulson. Blade and Ant Man. Elektra and Quake (or maybe Invisible Woman). Mordo and Rogue (used red three times! Sugah’!) Mockingbird and Iron Fist (Vulture would wreck too). Eventually, Spider Gwen will move up from where she’s waiting for ISO and extra covers, and I’ll run Gwenmora for all those double stuns. Note to self: test Carol, Winter Soldier. And Furybl4de.
    EDIT: I am so sorry to the 4 people who lost to my defense of Gambattery, Rogue, and Mordo (I think they were what I used).
    A regular, non-exploited Gambit is actually a really good counter to Grockmora.  In Fist bump I qued a few and I’d use Gambit and a true healer (x-23 I most events would work, but In this event I went Patch since boosted Fist would tank Purple/Green for Laura).  This team made short work of them.  Match as many strikes as you can initially usually 2-4 are easy matches. Gambits Purple ramps up fast and overwrites the rest including Danny’s attack time. Grocket without strikes is pretty useless and you can easily win. Build up 22 more purple and you can cast Berzerker Rage and overwrite all the enemy strikes. Anon said:
    0/0/5 which is a major problem. 
  • Anon
    Options
    0/0/5 Gambit sounds fun with Xpool. Xpool gets fed well. Aiming for Gambit? Hold these Black CD tiles fam.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I fought my first 0/0/5 Gambit last night in the SHIELD sim. I hope to find more, because that team was easy pickings.
    Won’t be easy in balance of power
  • Dormammu
    Options
    I've seen two gambats in Balance of Power. One was teamed with Gwen and I had to skip that one. The other was teamed with Psylocke and Dino - that one was easy pickings.
  • Anon
    Options
    In the latest Vulture PVP I went up against a 3* 5/3/5 Gambit and Kamala Khan. I used my 4* Punisher and Cloak and Dagger team, thinking it will be easy.

I barely won. Gambit fired moves every turn, and Kamala kept healing. If it wasn't for Punisher going on a rampage, I definitely would'e lost.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just got hit in the SHIELD Simulator, where I am running a triple fivestar team.

The team that beat me was OML, OBW and a Gambattery. I assume Gambit kept OBW stealing to make sure I couldn't do anything (and also pumping out strike tiles), but it was a very impressive win. And it once again shows just how potent a Gambattery can be.