*** Gambit (Modern) ***

Options

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Really hoping you can fire Purple when there are no enemy A/P/S tiles out. I thought we'd got this all worked out with Riri. Although, gaining 3 Purple AP per turn would probably make that really oppressive if you could just fire it all the time. Combo with Patch, I guess?

Update: You can fire this power if there are no enemy tiles out, and it makes the CDs anyways. Win.

Other than that, his best case damage for Aces & Eights at 166 is ~1516 (two Purple charged tiles), plus getting the 6 Purple AP. Cascades are probably not even worth considering, although I guess they'll happen. If there are charged tiles out this is probably better than Hex Bolt (for whatever that's worth). Might be worth trying out with some 4* Thor team ups, since they have a decent chance to make some Red charged tiles, which make this power really spammable.

If Godlike Power wasn't so terrible he might actually make a good partner for Ragnarok.

Also, fwiw, full rainbow team with:
    3* Daken and 3* Storm
    3* Spider-Man and Quicksilver
    3* R&G and Hood
    So the red is random or selectable ?
    I doubt it's selectable. That's still his best case, though.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll reserve my judgment until he's fully covered and I can see how he operates for myself.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Wow neat
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Really hoping you can fire Purple when there are no enemy A/P/S tiles out. I thought we'd got this all worked out with Riri. Although, gaining 3 Purple AP per turn would probably make that really oppressive if you could just fire it all the time. Combo with Patch, I guess?

Update: You can fire this power if there are no enemy tiles out, and it makes the CDs anyways. Win.

Other than that, his best case damage for Aces & Eights at 166 is ~1516 (two Purple charged tiles), plus getting the 6 Purple AP. Cascades are probably not even worth considering, although I guess they'll happen. If there are charged tiles out this is probably better than Hex Bolt (for whatever that's worth). Might be worth trying out with some 4* Thor team ups, since they have a decent chance to make some Red charged tiles, which make this power really spammable.

If Godlike Power wasn't so terrible he might actually make a good partner for Ragnarok.

Also, fwiw, full rainbow team with:
    3* Daken and 3* Storm
    3* Spider-Man and Quicksilver
    3* R&G and Hood
    Its random on the 3* version, its probably the same on the 5*.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Would I be right in assuming Gambit produces Rogue covers as champion rewards?
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:
    D4Ni13 said:
    Its random on the 3* version, its probably the same on the 5*.

Based on usage of 5* version, Red is untargeted by the player however whenever there were charged tiles on the board it always targeted those.

I think both Purple and Red are coded to "target" special/Charged tiles respectively, but will also target basic tiles if none of the former exist. The wording on the ability is a bit ambiguous - especially when compared to Riri's Blue which selects from "any non-Friendly" tile.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jamesh said:
    Would I be right in assuming Gambit produces Rogue covers as champion rewards?
    I **** hope so!
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,260 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I think both Purple and Red are coded to "target" special/Charged tiles respectively, but will also target basic tiles if none of the former exist. The wording on the ability is a bit ambiguous - especially when compared to Riri's Blue which selects from "any non-Friendly" tile.

The wording on purple needs some clarification. It should say "replace up to 2 special tiles or basic tiles if none are present".

Red is not as confusing :D
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    sinnerjfl said:

The wording on purple needs some clarification. It should say "replace up to 2 special tiles or basic tiles if none are present".

Red is not as confusing :D
    Yeah, it's ambiguous to read, but obvious the first time you use it. The only tricky part is if you never try to fire it when there are no enemy specials out ;)
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My only real concern at this point is what 4* he awards for champing him. If he ends up being another meh 3-star, he can just get in line. But I'm kinda hoping he gives some Rogue covers. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    My only real concern at this point is what 4* he awards for champing him. If he ends up being another meh 3-star, he can just get in line. But I'm kinda hoping he gives some Rogue covers. 
    Surely just making Rogue your 4* BH would be better throughput than the 3 covers you'd eventually get from 99 champ levels of Gambit?
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2017
    Options
    @Jaedenkaal Yeah I'll be doing that for Rogue regardless, she's awesome. But when new 3s I come out I bonus them after champing so that they can "catch up" so to speak, with the rest of my 3s. My lowest 3-star is 218, so they're all in that sweet spot where the champ levels are giving me LTs and 4-star covers. If I can't use the 4-star cover fine, the LTs, CP, and Iso are still worth it at the higher levels. If I CAN use it, then it's nice to look forward to that guaranteed champ level, or to know that I have 1 less cover to pray to RnGesus for. 
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Gambit gives Rogue: Green, Red, Yellow

Make him your BH, open those standard tokens!
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gambit gives Rogue: Green, Red, Yellow

Make him your BH, open those standard tokens!
    Seriously!?

Oh yeah....its on...
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just noticed a small but yet significant difference between the 3* and 5* Gambits.
    The Modern Gambit purple replaces up to 3 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles as we know - but the 5* Gambit's purple replaces enemy Special tiles, which includes these above, and also Countdown tiles?  
    Could someone please confirm this? Not sure if 'Special tiles' in this instance also includes Invisibility tiles.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just noticed a small but yet significant difference between the 3* and 5* Gambits.
    The Modern Gambit purple replaces up to 3 enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles as we know - but the 5* Gambit's purple replaces enemy Special tiles, which includes these above, and also Countdown tiles?  
    Could someone please confirm this? Not sure if 'Special tiles' in this instance also includes Invisibility tiles.
     Oooh, good eye. I would assume they're worded differently for a reason, but it would definitely be better to get confirmation on that. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Options
    Special tiles should mean A/P/S tiles as well as Invisibility, Countdown, and Repeater tiles.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

It's true.. whales are replacing Apocalypse death CDs as we speak
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Gambit, Blade, and Captain Marvel would be an awesome team! Gambit keeps feeding Blade. Captain makes all special tiles stronger from Gambits CD tiles.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,712 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2017
    Options
    As i have got 5 black I'm really regretting not learning the 'bug' earlier and debating rostering the rest of my blacks as a dupe and using cp to buy the others. Will see what's said tomorrow and if that's as intended I will make a dupe.