**** Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross) ****

Options
123457»

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Finally champed him. Man he's great. Using him boosted is gonna be great but just as good is if he's used as a battery for a boosted green user like Invisible Woman.
    You lost me there.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    mexus said:
    Seeing this thread is fun! I see me a few comments from March a few comments up.
    Red Hulk was my first 4* champ - how fun it was! I champed him when he was boosted and I felt like I entered some kind of God mode.
    He's still a dude I use from time to time but he's not the best. Vulture has similar AoE capabilities and it's also more efficient to trigger it than having to collect 18 green AP. 
    Next PVE Red Hulk is boosted which means he'll get to smash'em again. Will be fun to try him with some of the more recent 4*s.

I don't even...

You use Vulture together with Rulk, of course.
    Black makes green for Rulk, ignore Vulture green.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    mexus said:
    Bowgentle said:
    mexus said:
    Seeing this thread is fun! I see me a few comments from March a few comments up.
    Red Hulk was my first 4* champ - how fun it was! I champed him when he was boosted and I felt like I entered some kind of God mode.
    He's still a dude I use from time to time but he's not the best. Vulture has similar AoE capabilities and it's also more efficient to trigger it than having to collect 18 green AP. 
    Next PVE Red Hulk is boosted which means he'll get to smash'em again. Will be fun to try him with some of the more recent 4*s.

I don't even...

You use Vulture together with Rulk, of course.
    Black makes green for Rulk, ignore Vulture green.
    No, no, no. When using Vulture there's no need for another green overlapping user. Exception: if Red Hulk is boosted.  Vulture is a more efficient AoE;er than Red Hulk. Fight me on that.

Well yes of course when Rulk is boosted.
    Why would you run an unboosted 4, ever?
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus said:
    Playing in the Simulator, for starters. Some events I don't even have boosted 4*s. There are other reasons, like using Vulture unboosted as a AP generator for boosted Riri and Iceman (that's my team for this PVE). Seems to me you're suggesting the same method for next PvE with unboosted Vulture, boosted Red Hulk...

I tried that too, but I think IM40 is still better for that particular team.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    To all new readers on this forum, reading some posts from some people is just as useful as not reading their posts...
    Someone states 'when would you ever use a non-boosted 4*?'
    Then is also quoted stating 'of course you use Vulture with Red Hulk'. 
    Exactly when have they both been boosted at the same time, if you only play boosted 4's?

Anyway, Red Hulk is quite a good 4* champ, boosted or not. His 18 green is fantastic, but don't overlook his purple for green denial from the enemy team. And as stated, his red passive can really get you some cascade damage + AP.

For the record, for 18 green, Vulture can place 2 CD's that he can resolve at once when landing from being airborne. This does an amazing amount of AOE damage, around 6K+ AOE x2;  (yes assuming both CD's survive). 
    Add a good yellow-red user for the 3rd teammate for these two.  
  • dramatist
    dramatist Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My 4* Rocket and Groot, Gamora and Medusa killer for the season Simulator...

Red Hulk 5,5,3
    Rocket & Groot 3,5,5
    Captain Marvel 5,5,3

Just make sure Red Hulk makes the matches so keep him in the middle.
    Red Hulk takes the damage and makes at least 2 countdowns that do damage and then Carol buffs R&G's strikes. I always take out Gamora first, then Medusa, then R&G. The matches are over quickly and usually only Red Hulk takes damage. This has been the team that puts me over the 2k push the last two seasons. 

I always try to switch them out with a better defensive team for one match after using them.