• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    https://youtu.be/4-Rk-vVInto

Introduction video for Red Hulk.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    RNG has graced me with a 5/2/1 Red Hulk. I'm still absolutely dumbfounded how bad his red is.
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:
    RNG has graced me with a 5/2/1 Red Hulk. I'm still absolutely dumbfounded how bad his red is.

Yep, really bad. At least the damage threshold is much lower than his green counterpart but unless you have some ridiculous strike tiles out it does next to no damage and 3-5 tiles destroyed will rarely provide a decent cascade. At the very least there should be some damage component added to level 5 red like Banner Hulk black to make it a little better.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    vudu3 wrote:

Yep, really bad. At least the damage threshold is much lower than his green counterpart but unless you have some ridiculous strike tiles out it does next to no damage and 3-5 tiles destroyed will rarely provide a decent cascade. At the very least there should be some damage component added to level 5 red like Banner Hulk black to make it a little better.

The only way I sleep at night is that I consider it free dmg and ap at the cost of some health. I probably average 2-3 AP from his random tile destruction, and you are going to get about 200 dmg when not boosted to about 500 when boosted, although with strike tiles out these do hurt. I ran him with a boosted IMHB and those were doing some nice dmg
  • HeyoJayo
    Options
    Just here to start a petition to rename his red power to "Red Ross"

XTFpcIb.jpg
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Facing him a LOT in the recent PVP's where he's boosted.

He's damn near broken. Super fast, high damage, high health.

It's the ugliest of heal pack sinks.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

He's damn near broken.
    There aren't very many 4^s nowadays that you can't describe as "broken" when champed and boosted. At least the AI can't play him optimally.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:

He's damn near broken.
    There aren't very many 4^s nowadays that you can't describe as "broken" when champed and boosted. At least the AI can't play him optimally.
    I find that while you probably won't lose to him, you probably will need 3 healthpacks at the end. best counter to rulk is...rulk. and mine is at 12 covers and 4th next on my iso list and stuck at 180 for a while.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:

He's damn near broken.

I'm finding that even when he's not boosted, he's absurd. Faced him in Shield sim and got ruined. Except my Rulk of course. That dude is useless.
  • FOADakaSquirrelBoy
    FOADakaSquirrelBoy Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Are his pink and green animations the wrong way round? His green animation shows him destroying some green stuff - which is what his pink power does, whereas his pink animation shows him raging and charging - which fits with his green power...
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Are his pink and green animations the wrong way round? His green animation shows him destroying some green stuff - which is what his pink power does, whereas his pink animation shows him raging and charging - which fits with his green power...

That question has been asked many times with zero replies from the powers that be. So I guess we are just wrong in how we think it should be. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 624 Critical Contributor
    Options

Huh..... I never thought of them that way. I always just saw green's animation as smashing the whole team between his fists, and purple's animation as him channelling his Hulk-chi and shouting "generatingGREEEEEENNNN!!!!!"
  • simonsez
    Options
    madok wrote:
    That question has been asked many times with zero replies from the powers that be. So I guess we are just wrong in how we think it should be. icon_rolleyes.gif
    Does that also mean the lack of response to the "strongest color" ability bugs means it's not a bug?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    Does that also mean the lack of response to the "strongest color" ability bugs means it's not a bug?

Quite right! That is a fabulous "feature" as we software developers like to say. icon_e_ugeek.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options

I disagree.

He hulks up (battery) and then smashes (AoE).

It's the same with Hulk. Hulk gets angry (Rawr) and generates a bunch of green. Then he smashes his hands together to cause damage. He's got all that green ap to do this move:

"Red Hulk charges his enemies, catching them in his outstretched hands and crushing them together with the force of earthquakes."

It's totally the right animations, the fact that he's crushing green cubes is I guess because of all that radiation he absorbed his his purple. I guess people are thinking of the utility of the purple move crushing the enemy's green AP, whereas the animators were thinking of purple as the battery... Red Hulk absorbs the gamma energy and then let's out a roar as he is powered up.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    my rulk sits at 343.
    don't know when his purple comes up next as a 1k reward, but im thinking about speeding up the process and just buy a 5th purple cover.
    then I would level him so he tanks his colors for my 3*only roster - rulk is my highest 4*, have no 5* rostered

so...
    is it worth 120cp? probably not, then again, it depends on how often I use him.
    people often list him as one of the top 4*, how does he work with 3*s? I have a bunch 3*s maxed, another handful cover maxed, so plenty of options, but restricted to 3*land
  • simonsez
    Options
    ammenell wrote:
    is it worth 120cp?
    Unless you're just making the transition to 4* and don't have a useful 4* formation yet, you're better off buying 6 LTs with that.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    ammenell wrote:
    is it worth 120cp?
    Unless you're just making the transition to 4* and don't have a useful 4* formation yet, you're better off buying 6 LTs with that.

I agree, if you would have one cover maxed 4 and this was going to be the second so you could use them together in PvP, then I would spend the CP, otherwise buy the 6 old LTs or just wait. 120 CPs is a lot for just a 4 cover.

This couple of PvEs and PvPs I have used him for the first time over 270+, and he is a beast, but man, how I hate his red, most of the time when it goes off it destroys all the combinations I was going to use. When you see it destroy match4s and match5s is really annoying. Sometimes it helps, sometimes you are lucky and it creates a match3 or some minor cascade, but in general it just makes your life harder (and It should not be like that, hulk's black is much much better). Maybe at 5 it is better but at 3 I would turn it off If I could... Or is it just me having bad luck?
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i have 3 4* with 8+ covers - HB is not useful (233), antman misses blue(513), and rulk which would be playable with a 5th purple (i guess?)
    all my other 4*s have even less covers, so im pretty sure whichever covers i get from 6LTs, no other 4* will be more useful than a 353 rulk.

so, worth or not, still debatable.
    who would be his best 3* partners? thor or kamala for green? switch for speeding up purple?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ammenell wrote:
    i have 3 4* with 8+ covers - HB is not useful (233), antman misses blue(513), and rulk which would be playable with a 5th purple (i guess?)
    all my other 4*s have even less covers, so im pretty sure whichever covers i get from 6LTs, no other 4* will be more useful than a 353 rulk.

so, worth or not, still debatable.
    who would be his best 3* partners? thor or kamala for green? switch for speeding up purple?

If you don't have 5 in green he is not useful, he starts to be playable when he has 5 in green (!!!). Green is his best color, purple is 'just the accelerator' to get to 18 green fast. In fact it is the opposite of what you suggest, people use thor or kk to generate green for Rhulk when they don't have a x/5/5 rhulk, not the other way around! (And yeah purple is great, very good power, but it is because it is the perfect complement for his green).

If you don't think 6 LTs then maybe it would be better just to hoard them for now and see what covers you can pull before spending them. But a 3/3/5 is not very useful

PS: I got very confused at first with your post about which covers you have for rulk because the order of the colors is red/green/purple, purple is last, not middle color, you just have 3 green don't you?