**** Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross) ****

Options

Comments

• ShionSinX wrote:
    MonkeySlut wrote:
    Wondering if you can use him with 3hulk as they are diferent people
    Yes, ice said you can.
    Woot! Time for "The Hulks" team. Green + Red + She.
    Now we just need Skaar...

And WWH.

I am pleased with this development (not 'Bro Hulk')...now to just give 5* WWH. Still one of my fav comic series.
    - Unreall
  • Gagutz
    Gagutz Posts: 104
    Options
    Any update on his final powers and stats?

I'm shocked this was not released while the sale was still up....

Thank you for any information.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Updated OP with stats.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX wrote:
    Updated OP with stats.

Can you clarify the description for green when you have 18ap? Is it still aoe or does it become single target damage.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    he's sort've....middle of the road, just like regular hulk. 18ap for team damage is decent though.
  • "Drain all Green AP" sounds pretty dangerous, as well as a free mini-AP generator + Boardshake on decent damage.

He seems like he'd be an alright AP generator. Only worry is that there might be better Greens to get that green for.

I'd still go 5/5/3 at first glance, since the difference between 3 purple and 5 purple is just a few extra generated green. You still knock the enemy to zero and you to whatever-they-were at level 1 and all.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hammer & Anvil looks wholly underwhelming, dealing the same amount of team damage whether I have 18 or 30 green AP.

I'm not impressed
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Overall it looks like there is no good build. I guess his higher health required lower attack skills, but still. His red is useless at anything less than 5 covers, because just destroying 4 tiles doesn't matter. You aren't getting any cascades from that. I guess it depends on how it works. If it destroys all the tiles at once, it is worthless, even at 5 covers. You aren't getting that many cascades from this move. If it activates them one by one, you have the double dipping from strike tiles. Then it is very good.

Green does really poor damage. Iceman and Jean Grey can do more, although the initial cost is higher for both of them. Having to save up for 18, or get purple and then green is not good either. Even worse, the AI will NEVER except in some crazy cascade scenario save up 18 green AP, so he is useless on defense, just like the regular Hulk.

Purple is useless if your opponent doesn't have a strong green skill with green AP already. The AP generation is good though. I think you need 5 in purple, as it is his best skill.

Combine RH with Iceman, you use purple on RH to get green, and use Iceman's green for the AOE damage. You have only 4 colors, but you can get massive AOE damage out pretty quickly with tons of stuns. The only problem is the AI will still use RH green over Iceman's usually, unless he gets the green AP from purple.

So pretty much he is bad on defense. I suppose you can't leave him to last because of his purple though. He will get at least one green off for such little AP, with a booster move.

I think 3/5/5 is the best build. He isn't that great of a character, but it is the best build to scare people from attacking you.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dunno...he looks terribad.

Draining green AP will be good in a pinch against Jean or Iceman, but otherwise it just converts purple to green.

His red may as well say "Passive: Does nothing"

That leaves his green, which compared to Jean or Iceman's AoE, looks really bad.

Maybe he'll play better that he reads, but lord does he look Elektra/IW tier.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, his maximum damage threshold for Seeing Red is low, at least. Like everyone else, I'm uncertain as to whether it's actually going to do anything useful.
  • Adrock1020
    Adrock1020 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Jathro wrote:
    Hammer & Anvil looks wholly underwhelming, dealing the same amount of team damage whether I have 18 or 30 green AP.

I'm not impressed

Why would you ever have 30 green AP with this character?
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I thought he looked pretty interesting... Until I realized the red passive doesn't generate AP. At least I can take the second Galactus run easy(ish)!
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Looking at a 3/5/5 build, but still pretty 'meh' compared to the 4 star.png competition out there.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's funny, he seems more like a buffed GSBW than a buffed Hulk. While I don't think he's great, I think there's some underestimating in this thread. 2.7k+ AoE for only 9 AP is an excellent (I think best?) rate among AoE abilities, and so is 7k+ for 18 AP. Purple is unexciting, but efficient. Red is just.... a nice bonus to have from time to time but nothing to rely on? I dunno, that one does seem to me like one of the weakest abilities in 4* land.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    He might be annoying on defence at least. He can spam his green aoe with the help of the purple and eat your health packs. Red does not seem to do much but may deter some strategies like strike tile spamming. He has massive health and when buffed he might actually be a serious enough threat in pvp to warrant a skip. I say 3/5/5 build.
  • hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Pylgrim wrote:
    It's funny, he seems more like a buffed GSBW than a buffed Hulk. While I don't think he's great, I think there's some underestimating in this thread. 2.7k+ AoE for only 9 AP is an excellent (I think best?) rate among AoE abilities, and so is 7k+ for 18 AP. Purple is unexciting, but efficient. Red is just.... a nice bonus to have from time to time but nothing to rely on? I dunno, that one does seem to me like one of the weakest abilities in 4* land.

Jean Grey purple poops over his unempowered green, but his empowered green does 1500 damage/AP, assuming you hit all 3 opponents.

Seems pretty bad, as does cyclops, when compared to recent releases like Jean and Iceman
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree that Rulk is pretty underwhelming, but I disagree about Cyclops. He's a really solid AP generator who packs a punch when your main damage dealer is out. He's kind of like a 4* IF in that way.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I thought "drained" meant he stole the green AP for himself. Kingpins purple says it destroys the AP.
  • Lemminkäinen
    Lemminkäinen Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If "drain" is synonymous" with "steal", like Blade's Nightstalker, then that makes his purple a great ability. Any clarification on whether this is stealing or simply reducing?
    Iceman drains and he doesn't steal so drain is a synonym for destroy.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Adrock1020 wrote:
    Jathro wrote:

I'm not impressed

Why would you ever have 30 green AP with this character?
    I can't imagine anyone ever purposely gathering 30 green, but it could happen. And the fact remains that whether it's 18, 19, 20...30 in green AP, the damage is the same. And at the cost of every green you have.