Cosmic Tokens

Options

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Assuming we get a 5* Thor he could qualify for several groups. You could have

Original Avengers

Iron Man
    Thor
    Hulk

Or Rulers/Monarchs

Thor
    Black Bolt
    Black Panther
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Damn... getting the LT every 5 day was important in my hoarding. Taking it away makes no sense.

I don't like the trio (well - Thanos I wouldn't mind) even if this mean I will miss the Star-Lord essential.

What next - do the tokens stay "Cosmic" or they will have the trio engraved in them? If I have 1 today can I use it next week on another trio?

I see it in two-fold way. First - hit the hoarders where it hurts. No more extra LT from DDQ to slow down the hoarding process (it's 6 tokens per month but that's not nothing). On the other hand - adding Thanos there might trigger some happy hoarders to pull the CP. I suggest to hold on to them. Who knows what Anniversary will bring in terms of CP. And maybe the 25% odds are coming?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. Here is the official announcement of the Cosmic Legendary Store and the Taco Store discounts. I will be back at 9am PDT to answer any questions you might have.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    These tokens should just be "Taco Legendary" tokens and let us use them on whatever rotation we want.  Making each one a different type makes them way less useful.  Also, if CS won't swap covers for these particular 5*s, then I don't see them being useful at all.  My Phoenix and Black-Suit Spidey are both 5/2/5.  I can't pull tokens for these guys if 2/3rds of the ones I pull will be useless.

It's a decent idea, but as usual, a poor execution and no communication (of course).
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Magic said:

What next - do the tokens stay "Cosmic" or they will have the trio engraved in them? If I have 1 today can I use it next week on another trio?

If they'll rotate this tokens, than I presume that you won't be able to use the same token for a different trio, since only them are part of the Cosmic universe in 5* land. Other trios might be labeled differently (Team Cap, Team Iron-Man, for example) and more likely would need different tokens to access, thus making the hoard of this kind of tokens useless. At least that is how I see it right now. 

Maybe we will receive more anwsers later today when @Brigby returns :)
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    If this thing is for future rotation, and every 5* would be part of a 3-group, than this is what we could see (no particular order): 

Cosmic Legends - now
    • Thanos
    • Silver Surfer
    • Star Lord

Team Iron-Man Avengers
    • Iron Man
    • Black Panther
    • Spiderman (Peter Parker)

Team Cap Avengers
    • Steve Rogers
    • Hawkeye
    • Black Widow

Gifted (Mutants/Inhumans)
    • Black Bolt
    • Wolverine
    • Phoenix

Spiderverse
    • Green Goblin
    • Doc Ock
    • Black Suit Spiderman or Daredevil

Other (Avengers ? Defenders ?)
    • Hulk 
    • Dr Strange
    • Daredevil or Black Suit Spiderman

Any other grouping you might see ?

Phoenix, Strange and Black Bolt would qualify for cosmic as well. I have a feeling there will be 2 groups. Cosmic and another unknown group.

With Thor:Ragnarok not far off, we could see a new Thor and Hulk qualify for these cosmic tokens too I guess.

Iron Man in the comics has been in the guardians. He too could get thrown into Cosmic.

I guess "street level" could be the other set.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    If this thing is for future rotation, and every 5* would be part of a 3-group, than this is what we could see (no particular order): 

Cosmic Legends - now
    • Thanos
    • Silver Surfer
    • Star Lord

Gifted (Mutants/Inhumans)
    • Black Bolt
    • Wolverine
    • Phoenix

Well, I already put about 250 CP into the Cosmic Legends and am debating about dumping more in or following my original plan to dump my CP into LL when Doc Ock is replaced.

Now you've just thrown a huge monkey wrench into it all with your idea of the "Gifted" store!

How dare you give us hope like this?!? (jk)
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So, anyone else see this as absolutely nothing but a way to prevent people from covering a new 5 star hero too quickly by removing one of the only consistent ways of getting a Latest Legendary token?
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spend 250 CP on this store in order to get covers for my nearly done Surver (2/5/4) and my only 5* pull was a yellow cover for Star-Lord. What a waste!

PS: Why do you have to replace the latest LT with this special LT in today´s crash? That makes them way less usefull.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Can't understand some of you guys.  When did having more options become a bad thing?

5* essentials are a thing now and here is the chance for hoarders to crack open a single Starlord or they can kiss pve placement goodbye.  If you haven't read the announcement, Starlord is up first.

Thanos is back and some of you are crying.  What.

I can see Latest only people being upset about losing a token every 5 days but Classics only people have never been given CP through DDQ.  And if you've been banking on a single Legendary every 5 days, then perhaps your 4's are not developed enough.  Those same 4* characters can be found in the Cosmic store.  
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Knaaks said:
    So, anyone else see this as absolutely nothing but a way to prevent people from covering a new 5 star hero too quickly by removing one of the only consistent ways of getting a Latest Legendary token?
    This was my first suspicion as well. If they are going to start offering more than one LT for different things it's going to really hamstring the ability build up 300 tokens in Latest before the next 3 roll out.

There are some benefits too, it makes hoarding for specific 5*s somewhat easier (but still painfully slow).

If they have just end up with 3 stores: Latest, Classics, and a Rotating one it won't be too bad IMO.  If they end up with like 9 different stores all with different tokens, then it's gonna be a nightmare...  I personally wish rather than creating more token types they would simply allow LTs to apply to any CP store, even classics if someone wants to spend them there instead.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I love how missing one LT in the DDQ rotation causes such an uproar for some folks. Let your hair down, use your cosmic token and try your luck. The hoard will still be there when you get back.

(If nothing else, these forums sure are entertaining.)
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I love how missing one LT in the DDQ rotation causes such an uproar for some folks. Let your hair down, use your cosmic token and try your luck. The hoard will still be there when you get back.

The uproar is because they almost never design something new to use once.  This is most likely a test of something they will be making permanent in some fashion (possibly at the anniversary).  When you are planning your roster on the macro scale for things that take 3-6 months to build up, it's a real kick in the tinykitty everytime they make a change with 0 warning throwing off months of planning.  If the 1 LT per 5 days does go away soon it's likely I'll miss out on trying to get 5pidey as one of my first 5* champs like I've been planning since he released in July.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:

The hoard may still be there, but it won't be growing as quickly as before if latest tokens are out of ddq.  

Between removing the cp and now the LTs from ddq, demi is clearly declaring war on the "hoard resources for a good set of 5*s in the latest pool" technique.

Demi wants us to be opening tokens constantly and thus have a roster full of half-built 5*s incentivising us to buy more even more stuff trying to get a full 13/13.  

And that's great for d3'd bottom line.  But it's terrible for players.  It's just promoting additictive, skinner box mechanics.  I hate to frame things in such a zero sum, players v. Devs fashion, but that is basically inevitable with microtransactions.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I expect this to be the way Legendary tokens to be done going forward.

It's good for them, and it's good-ish for players mostly since it increases the chance of getting specific 5*s in exchange for needing 25 CP instead of 20 CP from Classic Legends (but with a tiny chance to getting the 5* players want).

I think Latest Legends will slowly be phased out by rewards not giving them out.  So I probably shouldn't open all my 28 tokens.

I think Classic Legends will go away too, making getting 4*s for 20 CP impossible.
  • byc
    Options
    Vhailorx said:
    Dormammu said:

The hoard may still be there, but it won't be growing as quickly as before if latest tokens are out of ddq.  

Between removing the cp and now the LTs from ddq, demi is clearly declaring war on the "hoard resources for a good set of 5*s in the latest pool" technique.

Demi wants us to be opening tokens constantly and thus have a roster full of half-built 5*s incentivising us to buy more even more stuff trying to get a full 13/13.  

And that's great for d3'd bottom line.  But it's terrible for players.  It's just promoting additictive, skinner box mechanics.  I hate to frame things in such a zero sum, players v. Devs fashion, but that is basically inevitable with microtransactions.
    I have not read or possible missed info regarding removing of CP from DDQ.  I fully expect a slow evolution to that trend to boost sales.

Regardless of their intentions, I will play and hoard to my benefit until they change their system enough that I shift my ways.  I already have like 400+ tokens saved up (including very old Story tokens), I'll keep hoarding and cost them a few cents for storing my tokens on AWS (my guess).
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The final 15 Cp looks like it will be removed from pvp progression, LTs look like they will removed from ddq.  Sorry for the confusion.
  • byc
    Options
    The 575 reward would hurt.  A lot.

I might not have said this on the forums very often (or ever), but they never give us (the players) something for free.  It's almost always a repacking or shifting of goalposts.

I rather they did not do that, but I am not angry with them.  They are a company that is trying to sell a product, so they'll change things as needed to be profitable.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    byc said:
    The 575 reward would hurt.  A lot.

I might not have said this on the forums very often (or ever), but they never give us (the players) something for free.  It's almost always a repacking or shifting of goalposts.

I rather they did not do that, but I am not angry with them.  They are a company that is trying to sell a product, so they'll change things as needed to be profitable.
    We're talking about the 15 CP at 1200.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm not aware of any potential future plans for this kind of a store, however what I can confirm is that Customer Support will be applying the Latest Legends cover exchange policy to covers of Thanos (The Mad Titan), Silver Surfer, and Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) if they were acquired from the Cosmic Legendary Store. This is a temporary change to policy that will end on 9/25 when the store ends.