Cosmic Tokens

Options
13»

Comments

• byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Damn...I think you guys might have just talked me into buying some Cosmic Legendary tokens.

I really want my 13th Thanos cover.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I'm not aware of any potential future plans for this kind of a store, however what I can confirm is that Customer Support will be applying the Latest Legends cover exchange policy to covers of Thanos (The Mad Titan), Silver Surfer, and Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) if they were acquired from the Cosmic Legendary Store. This is a temporary change to policy that will end on 9/25 when the store ends.
    Thank you for this information brigby.  

Can you retroactively apply this change to the useless 6th BP yellow i pulled as a bonus hero cover while the hornhead token store was live?
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This sounds like another prequel advertisement for the upcoming Avengers movie.  

Face-off just had a show about the Infinity Stones.  

Marvel/Disney wants to keep Thanos in everyone's sight and Disney knows it's stuff.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    byc said:
    I expect this to be the way Legendary tokens to be done going forward.
    Why?
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    byc said:
    I expect this to be the way Legendary tokens to be done going forward.
    Why?
    Because this is one way to address Classic Legends dilution.

Setup all these different Legendary token packs, get rid of Classic Legends, dilution solved.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    broll said:
    The uproar is because they almost never design something new to use once.  
    Sure they do.  Every 5* release in the past 6 (?) months has had its own non-repeating token.  Based on that trend it seems more likely that Cosmic would disappear than replace anything.

Given that it's not tied to a character release does seem weird, though.  That tells me it's probably going to be a recurring offseason thing.  Since vaulting ended the Classic heroic tokens don't make sense anymore, so this is the new thing they're doing for offseason. Sorry - Infinity season.
  • Beer40
    Beer40 Posts: 826 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Calnexin said:
    broll said:
    The uproar is because they almost never design something new to use once.  
    Sure they do.  Every 5* release in the past 6 (?) months has had its own non-repeating token.  Based on that trend it seems more likely that Cosmic would disappear than replace anything.

Given that it's not tied to a character release does seem weird, though.  That tells me it's probably going to be a recurring offseason thing.  Since vaulting ended the Classic heroic tokens don't make sense anymore, so this is the new thing they're doing for offseason. Sorry - Infinity season.
    Have to disagree on this one, assuming the reports of them disliking hording are true, and I think they are. Sure, it may change a few times, like HfH did, but I think its here to stay in some fashion.

Also, imagine if there were two price points like HfH? I think the Forum would break the internet more than any Kardashian was able to.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Beer40 said:
    Have to disagree on this one, assuming the reports of them disliking hording are true, and I think they are. Sure, it may change a few times, like HfH did, but I think its here to stay in some fashion.

Also, imagine if there were two price points like HfH? I think the Forum would break the internet more than any Kardashian was able to.
    I think you're being overly cynical.  It's true they don't like hoarding, but in the past they've tried to address that by adding more attractive things to spend on rather than take things people like away.  If they really wanted to crack down on hoarding they could just put expiration times on tokens.  If they were really more interested in short-term benefit than long-term health, they wouldn't be pushing the wins-based PvP model, in which many people will stop spending their purchasable currency on shields.

I will admit that my opinion may be a little too optimistic for reality.  I don't know why.  Probably the zoloft.
  • Bruinsfan17
    Bruinsfan17 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What are the rules when it comes to exchanging 5* covers? I have SS at 2/1/5 and just pulled a 6th Black from Cosmic Legends. That can be exchanged right? Can I ask for any other 5* cover or does it have to be another usable SS cover. I've never made an exchange before.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What are the rules when it comes to exchanging 5* covers? I have SS at 2/1/5 and just pulled a 6th Black from Cosmic Legends. That can be exchanged right? Can I ask for any other 5* cover or does it have to be another usable SS cover. I've never made an exchange before.
    has to be another usable ss cover