Cosmic Tokens

Options
mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
Is this a one-off or a full-time thing? Was this ever announced? Are you diluting the LT pool now that SCL 9 is being made available? What's going on?

Comments

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think its great if they regularly do different 5 star combinations people can hoard till their favourites are in a pack unfortunately i dont have a hoard and my red hulk pull only got me a coulson champ level
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    It says 5 days at the top, so looks like will rotate with the Clash node, thought it might feature the next three 5* essentials.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The sad part is that we no longer have acces to Latest Legends through DDQ...
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mattjimf said:
    It says 5 days at the top, so looks like will rotate with the Clash node, thought it might feature the next three 5* essentials.
    The daily news announcement in game makes it sound like a one-off.  Maybe they'll do something like this further down the line, but I suspect it'll revert to regular Legendary Tokens next week.
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is something I have requested/recommended numerous times. If this is a regular feature I will be happy. 

Glad I have been hoarding
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Will CS swap cover?  This is a very important question since there was no communication on this.  Can we please get an answer on this. @Brigby
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Will CS swap cover?  This is a very important question since there was no communication on this.  Can we please get an answer on this. @Brigby
    I assume they won't. Someone had a similar situation, pulling a dupe Panther cover from Hornhead store, and CS said they won't swap it.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @D4Ni13

You basically just did their job! I bet they didn't even think about this!
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Other (Avengers ?)
    • Hulk 
    • Dr Strange
    • Daredevil or Black Suit Spiderman
    Hulk, Dr Strange and Daredevil all have been a part of Defenders (Hulk and Strange in the original team, DD in the latest iteration)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,344 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I like the idea of a smaller pool of classic 5's.  I do not like that the crash gives a token just for this store. I realize this is only one time,and 1 token, but I want to keep having choices about where to use my LT's. I hope all crashes do not give a specific store token. The Thanos store was different; new character, 10% odds, daily opportunity for a token.  That was awesome.

RE:  CS swap:  that is an unofficial official policy. There will not be communication about it....but do not expect any help.
  • Chicago
    Chicago Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I assume they won't. Someone had a similar situation, pulling a dupe Panther cover from Hornhead store, and CS said they won't swap it.
    That was me. I was polite but persistent, and they wouldn't budge. First they said they weren't exchanging any Hornhead pulls. I asked why they wouldn't apply the same policy as with Latest Legends, considering that the price was the same. They responded to say that they wouldn't swap Black Panther covers, which was a different policy than detailed in their first email. I noted that the policy had apparently changed in the 24 hours since their previous email, suggesting a certain malleability in the strictures governing the game, and asked whether, in the next day, the policy might change again to something more favorable to me. Then they closed my ticket.

Anyway, based on that experience, the safe assumption is that they won't be doing swaps for these pop-up stores. I'd keep hoarding for an LL splurge. Let my sad 5/3/1 and 3/0/0 Black Panthers be a cautionary tale.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Can I trade my cosmic for a latest legendary??  I personally don’t want to be hoarding 2 types of legendary tokens.  With only getting a cosmic token once every 5 days it would take way to long to hoard enough to make pulling them for a 5* worth it.  In the past 10 days through champion levels I have earned 10 LT tokens this crash was going to be 11.  In order to get 10 cosmic it will take 55 days.

just make cosmic pullable for CP and let me keep hoarding latest please
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,669 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So this has to be tied in to Star Lord being the first 5* essential in Venom Bomb, right?
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I like the idea of a smaller pool of classic 5's.  I do not like that the crash gives a token just for this store. I realize this is only one time,and 1 token, but I want to keep having choices about where to use my LT's. I hope all crashes do not give a specific store token. The Thanos store was different; new character, 10% odds, daily opportunity for a token.  That was awesome.

I also back you up on this. The new store is a good option to have, but I would like to have the option to choose where to draw from. Latest is still the best store to draw from (if you have tokens) and for a 4* guy who usually spend his CP in the Classic, having a chance at the Latest once in a while was a good thing. I don't like being forced to spend it on a limited store instead. 

This being said, I really don't see the point of hoarding this kind of tokens, since you will not get anything different the next time it would arrive, and probably the next limited store would have different tokens. So want it or not, you have to spend the token in the store. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This should have been in addition to the Crash, not instead of.

Don't take away Latest for a new type of tokens.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I wonder if this is also announcing the next two 5 star essentials.

Regardless, just another band-aid for a leaking boat. Only way to fix it at this point is to raise the odds on classic 5 stars. Pretty soon we'll have enough of them to warrant their own token. How many 4s were there when SS was introduced?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I don't doubt that they will not do this, but I would like them to say what the plan/policy is.  We all know that they will always stick to their own policies..........Oh wait.....
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2017
    Options
    What about when one of those groups gets a 4th? Does that group get 4 5*s or does one get swapped out?