*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

Comments

• At the risk of veering wildly back on-topic, BP still looks like a top-tier character to me even after the damage reduction to his black skill. Hell of a replacement for Spiderman, IMO. Now I'm really hoping to nab some of his tokens during the Hulk event.

Agreed. He's strong enough on his own that he can replace Patch/Spidey which was a combo I was forced to use together.
  • While black is extremely good, it's as if the two other abilities were nonexistent. If this char doesn't have black, he can become a burden to the team.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Care to give a reason why the character was released in an obviously unbalanced and bugged state?

I'll take that as a no.
    That question is far too loaded to answer without being attacked and being picked apart. So, not really, no.
    Edit: 1111 posts. 226 more for the next posting milestone. icon_lol.gif

The question was not "loaded", even less "too loaded", even far less "far too loaded". It was an accurate description of the situation. So accurate that you patch the character next day, with two changes and more to come.
    I understand that you don't want to/know how to/are not allowed to/don't want to lie or put excuses in the... answer to the question, but the question was fair, true and far more neutral than the designer's recurring incompetence (yes, this can be cosnidered a little bit loaded) deserved.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,309 Site Admin
    hetchel wrote:
    The question was not "loaded", even less "too loaded", even far less "far too loaded". It was an accurate description of the situation. So accurate that you patch the character next day, with two changes and more to come.
    I understand that you don't want to/know how to/are not allowed to/don't want to lie or put excuses in the... answer to the question, but the question was fair, true and far more neutral than the designer's recurring incompetence (yes, this can be cosnidered a little bit loaded) deserved.
    No matter what the reply to it is, it won't help and will only prolong the conversation in a manner that will place blame in one place or another. About all I can really say (not because of allowances, but just to forward the conversation) is that we've put in place a couple process changes to avoid some things like this in the future.
  • At the risk of veering wildly back on-topic, BP still looks like a top-tier character to me even after the damage reduction to his black skill. Hell of a replacement for Spiderman, IMO. Now I'm really hoping to nab some of his tokens during the Hulk event.

At the same time though, lazy thor seems to be a better damage tank if he scales as expected. Black blue yellow vs red green yellow...if all you are looking for is a yellow color then lazy thor is better. Playing both together would work well too though. Lazy thor/bp/someone with a good purple (magneto/obw/greysuit).
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    Nemek wrote:
    Looks like the nerf is in!
    Character
    Black Panther

Rage of the Panther - Lowered damage by 20% across all levels
    Defense Grid - Fixed a bug where Level 2 would not reliably allow three Protect tiles to be placed.

Lame.
  • It seem from 1blue to 2 blue suppose to increase max tiles by 4 but was bug. Going from 2blue-3blue only suppose to increase tile strength but it also silently increase max tile to 4.
  • For Thor 3* versus BP, BP is superior on offense and defense. He pretty much has the strongest ability on the black and blue on defense in the game even right now, since the computer has no idea how to use stuff like ATU or Magnetic Field. Thor's red/green is irrelevent on defense because dummy proof red/green abilities are dime-a-dozen in this game, and they're not necessarily any better than any standard red/green. The only advantage Thor would have is on the yellow, but BP has an overwhelming advantage on blue/black even right now, and that advantage is likely to get bigger when the inevitable nerf to Magento/Spiderman comes around.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    At the risk of veering wildly back on-topic, BP still looks like a top-tier character to me even after the damage reduction to his black skill. Hell of a replacement for Spiderman, IMO. Now I'm really hoping to nab some of his tokens during the Hulk event.

At the same time though, lazy thor seems to be a better damage tank if he scales as expected. Black blue yellow vs red green yellow...if all you are looking for is a yellow color then lazy thor is better. Playing both together would work well too though. Lazy thor/bp/someone with a good purple (magneto/obw/greysuit).

I really like lazy thor as a nickname, think i'm going to start using that from now on.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Taking into account powerful new 3* characters! I am seeing less and less need to nerf C Mags
  • Clint wrote:
    Taking into account powerful new 3* characters! I am seeing less and less need to nerf C Mags

Until they're having character that generally ended the game in 5 turns after you get 5 blue AP, Magneto is still pretty much on his own tier.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Does anyone have his new max damage values for "Rage of the Panther" ?
  • Darn. No new character hints :S lol
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,309 Site Admin
    Darn. No new character hints :S lol
    I'd spill, but I'm worried you all would be all "Flame on!" on me...
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    subtle. icon_cool.gif
    I_see_what_you_did_there_8bits_by_NoPLo.jpg
  • IceIX wrote:

Well played sir... well played... now the only question remains... was that a direct hint or a comment that we would not be pleased that the referenced character wasn't the one we are getting.... instead some THING that may not feel as unique.

Thanks IceIX... not like I needed to occupy my brain or any kind of burning riddle. I must let this smolder.
  • IceIX wrote:

Sweet. Ya know I love my character hints! Haha!
  • rabscutle wrote:

Well played sir... well played... now the only question remains... was that a direct hint or a comment that we would not be pleased that the referenced character wasn't the one we are getting.... instead some THING that may not feel as unique.

Thanks IceIX... not like I needed to occupy my brain or any kind of burning riddle. I must let this smolder.
    Not everyone likes puns, but I think they're fantastic for generating laughs.
  • hetchel wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Care to give a reason why the character was released in an obviously unbalanced and bugged state?

I'll take that as a no.
    That question is far too loaded to answer without being attacked and being picked apart. So, not really, no.
    Edit: 1111 posts. 226 more for the next posting milestone. icon_lol.gif

there is a common sense answer to this.

Basically the devs try their best with a small test audience to figure out the balancing of characters as best they can. however, much of the time you can't always anticipate how a character would be used and sometimes just plain human error comes in and you let a character with an overpowered ability slip through.

Add in the fact that video game development is always challenging, always hectic and you are always trying to do a million things at once. These guys are human. give them a break.
  • Ice any dates for new 4 like weeks months etc