Feb 28 - Mar 2 Fresh Cut: The Not-As-Fresh Sequel

123457»

Comments

• Went to bed last night assuming my 898 would hold up for first but that didn't work out, so annoyed.
  • Almost snagged my first 1st place but then this happened:

I was sitting pretty at #1 with 699 up until about 10pm (I know that's low and I figured it wouldn't last). Someone boosted ahead to around 850 (no idea how people are doing this considering every time I try to jump ahead late I lose more points than I gain). My shield expired around 10:30pm so I thought I'd make a run for him. 4 matches and I cross the 800 line, he's in my sights! 5th match, another win!!! I might actually do this. Then WHAM, I get clobbered. I'm not talking about -30 or even -45. MINUS ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY SIX!! In one round, -156! Whaaaa?!? I couldn't even count how many people attacked me all at once. The list was too long. I did notice one guy had a whopping 89 points... So I wiped my tears away and pressed forward and manged to crawl back up to #2 spot.

There has to be a better way. This whole thing where people who play the most get punished the most has got to go. At least make it so you can only get attacked by one person at a time. I'm not even sure why retaliations exist at this point. I lose my fair share of matches, and losing points for that is fair. But losing gobs of points in the last hour to people who've only played a couple matches up until that point is just, well dumb.
  • What happens if you are midway through a match when the event ends?
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rajjeq wrote:
    What happens if you are midway through a match when the event ends?

In my experience it lets you finish the match, but I don't think it applies any change to your score.

Yes! Came home this morning from work and found that 611 was enough to finish in the top 15. It was also a nice rain of tokens and iso from the end of the mutant lab event.

I wonder what the deal is in the new predator and prey tournament giving Heroic instead of Vibranium (or whatever the name is) tokens?
  • I was to repeat my last time strategy: going to just over 800 and shield at -5 hours.

In fact messed up my play, barely winnig the game but have PL downed. So rather stopped short at 792, still at #1. It was at -4.5 hours, decided to ask a 3 hour shield and play a few games later. As the cost is the same.

Though I played with lvl64 PL and most offered opponents on the climb before the very end 15 or 30- it didn't look so much as an edge, I was less careful at no-retal picks as it seemed hopeless. Still had just a few attacks reported on my shield (strict zero during the climb itself). Notably Nemek made a dent on my shield icon_e_wink.gif

Looked at other rosters in T10, one unshielded with 141 roster was obviously waiting to push in the 3 hr. One other strong guy The rest 85 and lower. I was aiming for T5, quite eagerly this time.

Sure as we got into 3 hours the guy went up and shielded at 823 above me. Everyone else shielded well below. The 5th was IIRC under 650.

I was pretty tired and really wanted to call it a day, just extending the shield and go sleep. Turned out not working. Leaving me only to wait 45 minutes or play.

Skipping I found a nice team with 120 hulk with only 4 anger and the rest forgettable at ~950 pts offering 34 points that would put me to #1 in one go with 3 points lead. And had some viable matches on the other 2 nodes, I went in with my Punisher thrained to 5 red just minutes ago. Using the old palette and some new damage boosts I won pretty fast. And going out found myself second by 3 points. Without attacks reported, guess the match gave less points than expected. Sigh. So I went for another preselected match to get 17 pts form a supposedly easy fight. Wasn't that much easy but still won in fairly short time.

Came out gaining the 17 pts, and losing same 17 pts from attack from above by a way superior team. Considered to play another match but chickened away and reshielded immediately. Thought if that guy found me by the finish I may collect 4-5 of those easily. Well it turned out I had 0 hits further on. O,O

Finished T5, guess the same positions as we were. Very likely even if I got to #1 it would only make the other guy go for another jump or last-minute play, we'll never know. icon_e_wink.gif

Some experience gained for the next time.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    This is embarrassing. I've actually runout of health packs due to repeated sloppy play (and MMR).I'm going to not place in any of the events tonight. Lawl

Yeah, it was a drag, and finish at 6AM is not helping either. After elaving this for good I went to some last plays in pve, to play a few goon-only battles for t50. They are 230 but were not a big problem really after I figured to use patch+mags. Then on the 3rd replay I was close to finish, and just overlooked a Detonate (!). Instantly killing 2 members and leaving like 200 in patch. Who won the match after all (or did I retreat after a few more turns?) I wnet to sleep what I should have done way before icon_e_wink.gif. In main event I was in 20-30 range safe from both sides. Got T75 in both subs after that, having 25HP from one of the standards. The 4 heroics from prev day got me 3 hawkeyes a bullseye and a green thor. So seem the old wisdom still holds, 3 standards rule over 1 heroic, though with the the price change at least not by that much any longer.
  • Got my first 1st place in this one to get the three BP covers. Its pretty cool as I'm digging him a lot. Had a bunch of ISO saved and have pushed him into the 80's for my first 3* that high. Tanking his tourney though so I'll be ISO poor for a few days.

Actually won it with 827. I got to 808 and then won a defense. No one got closer than 60 points away and then seemed to get attacked. Had it at 808 Saturday night. Just kept an eye and held on.