Feb 28 - Mar 2 Fresh Cut: The Not-As-Fresh Sequel

Options
Apparently, the first tourney was so good, we're going to run it again!

Well... Black Panther sure did escalate quickly to the spotlight...

Placement Rewards

1 X-Force Yellow
2-5 Black Panther All Colors
6-15 Black Panther Black + Yellow
16-45 Black Panther Yellow
46-75 Captain America All Colors
76-150 Captain America Blue + Yellow
151-200 Captain America Yellow
201+ 1* Recruit Token

Notable Progression Awards

300 Heroic Event Token (Psychic Slice)
700 Astonishing Wolverine - Green
1200 Psylocke - Red
1400 Invisible Woman - Yellow

Comments

• akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Fresh Cut 2: Slightly Less Fresh

This spring Psylocke will cut fresh... again.... rated PG-13.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 419 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    D'oh! Sitting out another tournament...

I do hope this isn't going to be the pattern for every new release, since I've no interest in pushing the boat out (= buying 10 packs) for any new 3* who doesn't have a competent steal, generator, heal or stun.
    (So none introduced any time recently.)
    I like damage/special tile 3*s as much as the next player, but once you've maxed 1 or 2 there's not exactly any point rushing into any more - especially not week after week.

I didn't appreciate how welcome No Holds Barred tournaments were before, though admittedly I do enjoy the accessible cheesy tournaments even more (e.g. Thor). icon_mrgreen.gif
  • hopefully i will be able to claim another top 5 reward and get even more maggys
  • Do we actually know if the rewards will be the exact same again? You should blank those out, given Magnetic Mayhem 2 has different rewards from the first run.
  • Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    Do we actually know if the rewards will be the exact same again? You should blank those out, given Magnetic Mayhem 2 has different rewards from the first run.

The placeholder said I was using that to preserve the formatting scheme I was using. Nevertheless, I was able to use dashes to blank out the form and still preserve the formatting scheme for later.
  • Top 45 yellow Hood please. Or black Hulk.
  • Top 45 yellow Hood please. Or black Hulk.
    +1.

Hulk as a reward for 45 would be so sweet.
  • If Magnetic Mayhem goes well I may be able to field and actually usable Psylocke in this - if the prizes are good, I'll go for it; if not (e.g., Patch, or Punisher where red is the top 5 prize) it's tanking time.
  • Black Panther covers, interesting.
  • Updated OP.
  • The 1st Fresh Cut was the best tournament for me so far since I made #1 for the first time. This time I have no strength left to keep up with all the boost/health pack drain I suffer(ed) from the pve event. I'll be happy with a top 15-45 so that I'm able to play future missions that require BP.
  • Seriously, what is the deal with Captain America/Wolverine always as second tier rewards? Can't mix in some Ares or Moonstone once in awhile?
  • Interesting note: This tourney and the Iso-8 Brotherhood end at the same time.

Players could be running around with as many as 6 BP covers on his launch day.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Interesting note: This tourney and the Iso-8 Brotherhood end at the same time.

My only issue is that one is a 10day investment the other significantly less. That's all i'm working towards in the PVE event.
  • Wow, Panther covers. This way I can safely ignore the ongoing **** ep4.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This kinda makes me want to tank the Mags tournament, since I care a lot more about BP than Psylocke. On the other hand, I probably need a high level Psylocke to do well in this tournament... decisions decisions.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Seriously, what is the deal with Captain America/Wolverine always as second tier rewards? Can't mix in some Ares or Moonstone once in awhile?

I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to have a Captain America focused event within the next 3 weeks.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Seriously, what is the deal with Captain America/Wolverine always as second tier rewards? Can't mix in some Ares or Moonstone once in awhile?

I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to have a Captain America focused event within the next 3 weeks.
    Not necessarily, he seems to almost always be buffed in the PvE events, so that alone is reason enough.
  • akboyce
    akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Interesting note: This tourney and the Iso-8 Brotherhood end at the same time.

Technically as long as you get one of each you could always have 13 covers on launch day if you do not mind using some cash/HPs. This does however make it easier to get one of each cover since the hardest to get color from the PVE (yellow) is the easiest to get here. If you get Top 50 in PVE and Top 45 in PVP you will have one of each color.
  • There will be a tourny with bp as a neccesery character and it would increase our chanses to win that one with a 222 bp
    ofc there will also most likley be a pve event too with him as a req.
    i hope they take a break tho else we will suffer burnout