Feb 28 - Mar 2 Fresh Cut: The Not-As-Fresh Sequel

Options

Comments

• darkmagearcanis
    Options
    akboyce wrote:
    If you get Top 50 in PVE and Top 45 in PVP you will have one of each color.
    This is what I plan to do. Im already in a good position for the PVE and I can hit the PVP up and slowly grind out a top 45 to complete the colors for BP. Top 15 if I feel like putting the extra effort in.
  • Woop I'm excited to get some BP covers from this one.
  • dearbluey wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Seriously, what is the deal with Captain America/Wolverine always as second tier rewards? Can't mix in some Ares or Moonstone once in awhile?

I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to have a Captain America focused event within the next 3 weeks.

Honestly, I think you give them too much credit. I think they just copy/paste rewards and just change the upper tier.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Seriously, what is the deal with Captain America/Wolverine always as second tier rewards? Can't mix in some Ares or Moonstone once in awhile?

I have a sneaking suspicion we're going to have a Captain America focused event within the next 3 weeks.

Honestly, I think you give them too much credit. I think they just copy/paste rewards and just change the upper tier.

I don't think you're giving them enough credit. Remember how Daken/Moonstone covers were given right before the simulator tournament?
  • The palette boost in this tournament is the old one or the new one?
    And if it's the old one, was the cap removed for that one too?

I'm to pass that point and currently have 10 of the old boosts. If capped I'd rather waste them in some match. icon_e_smile.gif
  • They removed the cap at 10.
  • jozier wrote:
    They removed the cap at 10.

I think they generically increased the cap for all boosts, retired and not. So the more old boosts we are given the better as they are wholesale better than the +1 boosts.
  • Wow, thanks for the info. I can go play icon_e_smile.gif. Though I think I leave it for tomorrow with hopefully more evolved Psylocke.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yay! my team (with default 15 Psylocke) just won a defense against a team with a level 92 Psylocke! That's always an awesome surprise when it happens.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

I don't think you're giving them enough credit. Remember how Daken/Moonstone covers were given right before the simulator tournament?

Exactly. It's not a hard and fast rule by any means, but after the Moonstone rewards, she was absolutely beastly in the simulator tourney.
  • Either way, is there seriously anybody who hasn't finished the covers for Cap'n yet?

I should just clone an army of Cap'ns from all my tinykitty token pulls and go invade Latveria.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Options
    Any ideas on how much I should invest in Psylocke? I have a 141 Punisher so she's pretty much dead weight outside of buffed events. She's currently level 20 and I can get her to 69, which might be okay because I want BP covers really badly. I guess I'll get a feel for the brackets and how much I need her leveled in order to do well. I hope that getting top 5 in the last tournament didn't screw me over MMR wise. Sigh, where are the LRs when you need em.
  • She is incredibly fun to use. I've pumped my Psylocke into the 90s
  • NorthernPolarity
    edited March 2014
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    She is incredibly fun to use. I've pumped my Psylocke into the 90s

The only problem is that she is incredibly redundant with Punisher: I'd rather diversify my roster right now rather than have a Punisher clone that is better at single target damage but has weaker overall utility.

Edit: Just pumped my Psylocke to 50. My MMR is too high now: seeing level 85s already sigh. Down to 60k iso from 80k: pretty depressing given how I'm never going to use Psylocke outside of buffed events.
  • Toxicadam wrote:

To heck with Ares, could we get some Thor and OBW covers please? Us newbies need covers too.
  • Top 45 is very critical to reach in case another episode comes fast and it has BP fights in it.
  • Oh well, as I won't be able to grind from sunday evening for a couple of days, guess I'll try to get to Heroic Token today and call it a day...
  • LOL, I just got a +39 defensive win. Can't imagine why one is sane mind attacks from 350ish points down to below 50.

Must be mind-numbing effect from the skip tax. I certainly rather pay up 10 rather than take risk.
    I looked at the roster, there's an 5-blue spiderman and only 85**s. The guy must have been overconfident or something.
    (I just entered yesterday without playing don't even know what team I have in, probably patch/OBW) But even a win would be quite bad, attacking even a little down on a superior roster is ill-advised unless one shields up immediately, and we're quite early.

Btw does the team follows train-up? Since entering my psylocke grew, when someone attacks does he play the improved version automatically or the last one is locked in the state as of last play?
  • pasa_ wrote:
    LOL, I just got a +39 defensive win. Can't imagine why one is sane mind attacks from 350ish points down to below 50.

Must be mind-numbing effect from the skip tax. I certainly rather pay up 10 rather than take risk.
    I looked at the roster, there's an 5-blue spiderman and only 85**s. The guy must have been overconfident or something.
    (I just entered yesterday without playing don't even know what team I have in, probably patch/OBW) But even a win would be quite bad, attacking even a little down on a superior roster is ill-advised unless one shields up immediately, and we're quite early.

Btw does the team follows train-up? Since entering my psylocke grew, when someone attacks does he play the improved version automatically or the last one is locked in the state as of last play?

If you don't intend on using sheilds it is not a terrible idea to attack those with much better teams. What I've been doing is this:
    Attack everyone at the beginning of a tournament until I get around 4-500 points. Once I start getting retaliations I usually stop for the day. On the last day of the tournament, going in, I have a tone of retaliations stored up. These usually contain high lvled people who have also likely sheilded already. Which means I get 30-40 points off of them and they will not hit me back.
    It's a bit of work, but it has proven effective. Btw I am close to mmr hell as I regularly see polkio and the2ndpunisher, other 141 teams.
  • Shamusyeah wrote:
    If you don't intend on using sheilds it is not a terrible idea to attack those with much better teams. What I've been doing is this:
    Attack everyone at the beginning of a tournament until I get around 4-500 points. Once I start getting retaliations I usually stop for the day. On the last day of the tournament, going in, I have a tone of retaliations stored up. These usually contain high lvled people who have also likely sheilded already. Which means I get 30-40 points off of them and they will not hit me back.
    It's a bit of work, but it has proven effective. Btw I am close to mmr hell as I regularly see polkio and the2ndpunisher, other 141 teams.

I get part of the idea, but it still should work well if you attack around your point range so gaining 20+ points and lose about same amount, also have good chance the guy actually feel like playing up and be at 600 when you need him. If instead you attack the 50 pts guy, you get the 5 points, then eventually a -40 on retal (I'd probably do it for the fun even if just tanking icon_e_wink.gif ), then he might just skip the running up completely or do it at different pace...

In my overall strategy I generally ignore/skip the retals (pre-tax stuff) immediately unless offer the big points. Around my level they mean active players and just reshuffling point in the group. And they mess up the nodes. With accumulated ones the extra problem is you can't put them in proper order for the climb. In short I found just select from the normal matches.

In recent MM2 I arrived quite tanked down so got a ton of good offers really (having the alternate leaders probably helped too, ** mags is so weaker than ***), instead of the usual headbutting I carefully looked at rosters and bullied those who I assumed will pass on my team. (I assumed sight is kinda symmetric, so they have similar offers as me.)

It worked so extremely well I was wondering I might got sandboxed. I saw strict zero retals. No kidding. In the full climbing from 300-ish to 805 where I shielded at -4.5 hours. (I stopped the climb one match after getting offered a 3x141 team, guessed I shall cover before it sees me icon_e_wink.gif In the last hour I had exactly 2 hits. Nothing to compare with my usual experience of jojoing around 600, usually losing more points than gaining.