*** Black Panther (T'Challa) ***

Comments

• Anybody notice that BP at level 15 has "leet" right in his hit points? (1337) just sayin, coincidence? Doubt it.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Anybody notice that BP at level 15 has "leet" right in his hit points? (1337) just sayin, coincidence? Doubt it.
    I'll say this: you're reading a bit too much into this icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Moral wrote:
    The average standard health of a 3 star is 5800. For 2 stars it is around 3500.

IM40 blue comes in at 2669 to all at 20 + 2 per color.

GSBW green is 3336 to all at 19 AP.

I suppose that MMR should keep anyone with a 141 BP team from farming 2 star / sub 100 3 star teams, but I think everyone knows that won't happen in reality. My highest character is 96 and I still run across level 141 Punishers.

It's like looking through your PVP nodes and seeing a player with a level 230 venom. Sure you can grind them down, but retaliation takes them all of 90 seconds.

I would assume they were thinking that 12 AP was reasonable for him compared with these two who have the ability to generate AP for their own abilities, he doesn't. Damage wise GSBW clears alot of the board so does that end up being closer to 4k? I dont have a max GSBW. I assume they will look at how quick people are getting off his attack vs similar GSBW thats all i can think of. Balistic salvo definitely seems like it needs a boost more now than ever but if he was just as good why would you bother with new characters? I guess is what alot of people are saying but probably pretty much how it has to go for a game like this.
  • Sniper Rifle should do something like 800 additional tile damage (19 tiles destroyed; assuming you have a rainbow team of 141s you're averaging around 50 damage per tile, minus a few environment tiles that do no tile damage), plus cascade damage and AP.

Ballistic Salvo could definitely use a boost, but that was already the case even compared with Sniper Rifle and Wind Storm.
  • Patch rolls out glitched.
    Psylocke rolls out in need of a fix.
    BP rolls out totally insane.

Testing or whichever department, someone needs to get their **** together.
  • Sniper Rifle should do something like 800 additional tile damage (19 tiles destroyed; assuming you have a rainbow team of 141s you're averaging around 50 damage per tile, minus a few environment tiles that do no tile damage), plus cascade damage and AP.

Ballistic Salvo could definitely use a boost, but that was already the case even compared with Sniper Rifle and Wind Storm.

Tile destruction abilities uses the strength of the guy who used the ability, not the highest of the team. The extra damage is only applied to whoever is in front, not the whole team.

Wind Storm is probably an aberration. All of Storm (including Modern Storm)'s abilities are way ovepowered but it seems to assume that since she has next to no HP so it wouldn't matter because she'd be dead, which is sort of true. Ballistic Salvo is not unreasonable because it's an ability on a tank. A character with more HP than other characters naturally should do less damage.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    ^ Sheesh, I forgot about Patch's hilarious glitch. Ah good times. Made TaT or whatever it was a little bit more playable.
    Also Daredevil. He's not broken. The MPQ universe simply hates him. I actually love his uniqueness. But that's his best quality...
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Sniper Rifle should do something like 800 additional tile damage (19 tiles destroyed; assuming you have a rainbow team of 141s you're averaging around 50 damage per tile, minus a few environment tiles that do no tile damage), plus cascade damage and AP.

Yeah, Sniper Rifle generally hits for between 4000-4200 for the targeted opponent and 3300 for the rest. It often results in a few cascades, and you could even force a few decent 4/5 matches if you aim it correctly. On top of that, it clears tiles like a boss (it's not uncommon to clear 3-4 countdown/protect/strike tiles at a time.)

Does that offset being 7 AP more and not giving 5 AP to the opponent (and GSBW being glass cannon while BP is a tank)? Probably not, but the gap is certainly smaller.
  • If Daredevil and Black panther had a baby, it'd be pretty well balanced.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    locked wrote:
    ^ Sheesh, I forgot about Patch's hilarious glitch. Ah good times. Made TaT or whatever it was a little bit more playable.
    Also Daredevil. He's not broken. The MPQ universe simply hates him. I actually love his uniqueness. But that's his best quality...

If his tiles weren't destroyed by strike tiles etc and switch his purple, to purple instead of enviornmental then he would actually be decent
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    locked wrote:

If his tiles weren't destroyed by strike tiles etc and switch his purple, to purple instead of enviornmental then he would actually be decent

Environmental traps in a Black Panther tournament? If my Daredevil had more than 6 covers I'd use him this tournament.
  • Nerfing characters that aren't necessarily OP is really lame. Yeah he has one strong ability and 2 that look very meh to me. I'd like to pair BP up with dr doom for hilarious shenanigans.
  • thatguy13 wrote:
    Nerfing characters that aren't necessarily OP is really lame. Yeah he has one strong ability and 2 that look very meh to me. I'd like to pair BP up with dr doom for hilarious shenanigans.

Doom + BP + MN Mags would be really fun for this tournament. 9 purple leads to at probably at least 9 blue which leads to a lot of black if done correctly.

I've been looking for an excuse to pair the retired +3 all AP boost (which I have 6 of) with the new +1 all AP boost (3 of them) with any +3 to two color boost to start with +9 in two colors, +6 in the rest on turn 1. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    I was trying to think of a third character to pair with Hulk and BP. Doom sounds great!
  • Patch rolls out glitched.
    Psylocke rolls out in need of a fix.
    BP rolls out totally insane.

Testing or whichever department, someone needs to get their tinykitty together.

Ares still has a sunder countdown tile if he dies while using it, it also does damage when it ticks down.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    UncleSam wrote:
    PorkBelly wrote:
    Seems silly to be predicting a nerf for a character less than 24 hours after he was released.

Especially in light of the history with Ragnarok and the recent situation with Thor and Wolverine.

When the developers release a new character in that context, it would seem borderline incompetent on their part to nerf said character in a short time frame.

They did it with Psylocke and her blue ability. It's incompetent to release a character like Black Panther with the experience they've had with Rags and Thorverine. To give a tank a better attack than a full skilled out sniper rifle is a serious lack of competence. At least with sniper rifle it's on a character with half the hit points and cost 7 more ap.

Well, given the history, it would really reduce my confidence in the game if they nerf the black skill.

If there was an inclusive, paid version of the game, ongoing rebalancing would be ok & acceptable. But in a version where some users invest real $$$ to level/advance characters, it would really be a slap in the face.

If the Ragnarok/Thor/Wolverine nerfs had not already occurred prior to the release of BP, these predictions would be a lot more understandable.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moral wrote:
    I was trying to think of a third character to pair with Hulk and BP. Doom sounds great!

My usual team has Hood in it, but Hood / Black Panther use the exact same colors. They do not work well together.

Hulk / Black Panther worked surprisingly well. He also paired well with Patch, Spiderman, OBW, and Punisher.
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    My usual team has Hood in it, but Hood / Black Panther use the exact same colors. They do not work well together.

Are you joking? :/ BP shields hood on all 3 colors on offense
    Hood has no blue active
    BP's yellow is laughable/early game only anyways
    Bam.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chimaera wrote:
    Ares still has a sunder countdown tile if he dies while using it, it also does damage when it ticks down.

It amazes me that they still haven't patched this.
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    I think one simple thing they could do is keep the power the same, but make it a black CD tile (2 or 3 turns). It would also have the side effect of making Moonstone usable since she would suddenly become a viable counter. Having both of those drawbacks I think would make it fairly balanced.