Thanos Boss Event: Come and Get Me * Updated (4/27/17)

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    That Infinity Gauntlet power is probably going to be a nightmare in the later rounds.
    That is my genuine concern. We know how they like to mess up new boss events, whats the betting our entire team gets wiped in a handful of turns by Round 6? 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Original Black Widow worked pretty well against Galactus and his countdowns, I hope she can do the same thing here.
  • Khanwulf
    Khanwulf Posts: 103 Tile Toppler
    Note guys: there will be one (1) infinity gem on the board per boss run. It's placed at start by Thanos. So only the Time gem places a second one... effectively meaning you have to hunt the gem down twice to gain any "benefit".

This one is going to bring back bad memories of the original Ultron event.

--Khanwulf
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards

Like I literally can't remember the last time a 5 star was boosted if ever and it def wasn't oml.
    Valentine's Day, Phoenix. Nefarious Foes, Green Goblin.
  • Enderikari
    Enderikari Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Khanwulf said:
    Note guys: there will be one (1) infinity gem on the board per boss run. It's placed at start by Thanos. So only the Time gem places a second one... effectively meaning you have to hunt the gem down twice to gain any "benefit".

This one is going to bring back bad memories of the original Ultron event.

--Khanwulf
    From the post
    "At the beginning of the battle, place one of each Infinity Gem on the board."
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    pretty cool that Bagman is boosted for this event, looks like snarky remark might be incredibly useful , also bagman can lock tiles.
    interesting.

• Urcookin
    Urcookin Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Very important question - will Boss Thanos be fixed levels or scaled to your team?
    This is a great question: we have several fairly new players that can't contribute after the first level clear.
  • Infinite Power's countdown tile duration is 3-turns at Rounds 1 through 6, and 4-turns at rounds 7 and 8.
  • Yes. Character abilities can increase the countdown timer of Infinite Power tiles.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:

7. Yes. Character abilities can increase the countdown timer of Infinite Power tiles.
    They gave the community a Bag-Man PvP for a reason.  Let's hope everyone took full advantage of those covers.
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    With my current roster I see scant chances of me being useful in this scenario...
    Also, what's the Winfinite team?
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

7. Yes. Character abilities can increase the countdown timer of Infinite Power tiles.
    They gave the community a Bag-Man PvP for a reason.  Let's hope everyone took full advantage of those covers.
    I literally champed my bag man yesterday
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Still a couple questions I didn't see answers to yet. Please correct me if they're there.
    1. will the charged rows do 3x damage or 3x the normal 3x charged tile damage (9x)
    2. Is the Infinite Power tile overwritable, i.e. Redwing, 3* Cap, Star Lord...

Thank you!
  • zodiac339
    Still a couple questions I didn't see answers to yet. Please correct me if they're there.
    1. will the charged rows do 3x damage or 3x the normal 3x charged tile damage (9x)

Thank you!
    The wording is "massive damage and 3X AP" not 3X damage.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Huh. If it charges the row of tiles in one turn and destroys it the next, that could be useful for charged tile users... Could we be that lucky though?
  • zodiac339
    Now that I think about it, the Kaecilius method of using Quicksilver and Mr Fantastic to swap tiles may be the best method to deal with that Gauntlet. Or at least match gems for benefit. Even if Infinite Power is out, tiles can still be swapped. They just won't convert to protect tiles.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 said:

Thank you!
    The wording is "massive damage and 3X AP" not 3X damage.
    True. Another case of over complication.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I don't think I have seen anyone ask this specifically and wanted to confirm: If Thanos destroys a row with an Infinity Gem, he gets the listed benefit? And if we match or otherwise destroy a gem, the player team gets the benefit?
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    please @Brigby ask about scaling. It's the one thing I have not seen explained.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    please @Brigby ask about scaling. It's the one thing I have not seen explained.
    If they were going to change scaling from how they've normally done it for boss events, they would have said something by now.