Thanos Boss Event: Come and Get Me * Updated (4/27/17)

18910111214»

Comments

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    y2fitzy said:
    As someone still working on champing three stars, the highlight for me has been using Agent Venom who I have a load of covers for but is still level 70.

He has absolutely been my MVP against Thanos, hitting that blue stone early has been great fun.

Wasn't expecting to hit full progression, don't have Drax or AntMan, but cruised it in the end
    You'll find once you get more 4s that Agent Venom is sorta meh. When boosted though, he will be one of your favourites. Black is super cheap and high damage and the yellow AOE is quite significant too.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seeing everyone here posting about being in a casual alliance and still making it through Round 8 is just reinforcing the idea I need to find a different alliance. I hit personal progression this morning, but we'll be lucky to make it through Round 6 for the yellow cover. 

I checked the rosters for most of my teammates playing, and most of them have the required characters. They just straight up aren't playing that much, even though the event is easy. I really needed the Nova covers, and could have used the Star-Lord covers from the last alliance event. I think we got at least two in that one, but not the yellow I really needed, which was the reward for clearing Round 7. 

Just frustrated and tired of being constantly let down. Our goals clearly aren't compatible, and I think it's time for me to move on.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had that frustration from my previous alliance DeVo, particularly frustrating in alliance events where I worked like a trooper to get max progression and others didn't seem to lift a finger after joining. When I eventually took the plunge and found a new alliance, the rewards took a huge jump up. Get to the alliance forum and find a new home.
  • bowla33
    bowla33 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    I just recently did the same thing. My Alliance was super casual but had some strength but lacked the excitement for these events. 

I switched to a more a active alliance and it's a world of difference, we cleared 8 by mid-Saturday.

I 100% recommend finding a group that meets your wants. 

DarthDeVo said:
    Seeing everyone here posting about being in a casual alliance and still making it through Round 8 is just reinforcing the idea I need to find a different alliance. I hit personal progression this morning, but we'll be lucky to make it through Round 6 for the yellow cover. 

I checked the rosters for most of my teammates playing, and most of them have the required characters. They just straight up aren't playing that much, even though the event is easy. I really needed the Nova covers, and could have used the Star-Lord covers from the last alliance event. I think we got at least two in that one, but not the yellow I really needed, which was the reward for clearing Round 7. 

Just frustrated and tired of being constantly let down. Our goals clearly aren't compatible, and I think it's time for me to move on.

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    It was a great event , even with a super casual alliance we made level 6, Boss was easy at first and got a bit more puzzly after a while, very doable for many levels (at least up to 6) with a good 3* roster. 
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Wonko33 said:
    It was a great event , even with a super casual alliance we made level 6, Boss was easy at first and got a bit more puzzly after a while, very doable for many levels (at least up to 6) with a good 3* roster. 
    actually with some luck you can do it with about any roster.
    I ran a level 15 storm, level 15 bag man and level 70 IF (aka 3 character I didn't care about) at the last round thanos and

was the end result. obviously I didn't quite kill him but if I had slightly better drops I could have gotten the red gem to finish him off lol. (and no I couldn't use storm's green to try to change the drops, she didn't have that move :P)
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    The boss isn't the issue here. An alliance mate beat Thanos with a 1* lineup. 

http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/63892/lowest-level-team-to-defeat-round-8-thanos#latest

The side nodes didn't feel as grueling this time. I've got almost 20 champed 4s and the nodes are still in the 200s.

All in all, I think this boss event had some great execution. 

• Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    I concur. This is the first Boss event that wasn't a complete chore to complete (Day 648 at the start of the event). Even managed to keep playing for the extra Iso-8 and XP, ending up with a score of 2,257,480.

That may be partly down to the 29 4* champs, but I think I mostly beat Thanos with the Infinity Gems. Always putting 4* Star-Lord/Gamora/Rocket & Groot up against Thanos (they were all boosted, and it felt like the right thing to do :)), and pairing 4* Wolverine/4* Deadpool with the required characters on the nodes.

I thought the game was well balanced this time around. Hoping they'll keep this scaling for all Boss events in the future.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really did enjoy this event as well.  I was pleasantly surprised that the side nodes weren't super killer nodes, and the Boss was able to be played with a wide range of teams.  I used mostly GoG characters to keep with the theme, and since they were boosted, but it was still a fun time since I haven't used them in a while.

My group of alliances had a whole bunch of different teams that were getting used, and we were all very happy with it.

Great job guys.  I champed Nova, got some covers for the 3* Starlord, and had a nice time.  Thank you!
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    My casual alliance had 5 people really trying, with scores between 951k and 1.1 million. #6 was down in the 350k range. We didn't clear round 7. We did have a ton of fun trying though. Definitely saw more engagement in chat, coordinating team-up requests, detailing strategies, etc.

I even managed to hit personal progression with no Drax or Antman, which was quite satisfying. 

This event was as close to perfect as it gets for MPQ, kudos to the devs (I like saying that, feel free to give me more reasons to do so). 
    it was very fun indeed- even people with 3* rosters were able to progress pretty far and get 1-2 Novas, who is not too shabby and hard to get now
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have credit where credit is due. Despite the jarring first day jump in scaling the following days didn't go crazy. It helped a bunch that most side nodes were just minions or minions with one character, so smaller roster strength players were able to compete.

My allaince is finished round 8, came down to the wire but we got it done. 

Thanos was a blast to play against and even the rare loss to him was much easier to take than previous boss events.

I hope in future boss events they keep with minions for side nodes instead of all singular characters like civil war usually features.
  • KFloppy
    KFloppy Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    One man alliance here.  This is the first time ever that I have played past 1.5 days on one of these Alliance events.  In all other times, either the scaling goes crazy on the first day, or goes crazy each increment afterwards.

For this event, scaling has tapered off after the first day, and I was able play right up to the end!  I got the 2nd level boss reward, and was half-way to the 3rd level, but there is just no way to climb that alone.

Progression?  I think I got 1 of the 2 Rocket & Groots.

Thanks Demiurge for keeping me away from Persona 5. </sarcasm>
  • Roland113
    Roland113 Posts: 298 Mover and Shaker
    This was a very well done event.  Thank you Devs.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    KFloppy said:
    One man alliance here.  This is the first time ever that I have played past 1.5 days on one of these Alliance events.  In all other times, either the scaling goes crazy on the first day, or goes crazy each increment afterwards.

For this event, scaling has tapered off after the first day, and I was able play right up to the end!  I got the 2nd level boss reward, and was half-way to the 3rd level, but there is just no way to climb that alone.

Progression?  I think I got 1 of the 2 Rocket & Groots.

Thanks Demiurge for keeping me away from Persona 5. </sarcasm>
    YOu really should try to find a decent alliance, the extra ISO each day alone is a huge deal. There are good casual alliances that doesn't have any particular participation requirements.
    And even if you aren't a sociable guy you can probably find an alliance looking for a merc during the boss battles...
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    My favourite boss mission yet. I had a lot of fun playing this. It was a good difficulty. My alliance got 7/8 rewards and it wasn't irritating to get there.