Thanos Boss Event: Come and Get Me * Updated (4/27/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
Hi Everyone,

This Thursday, April 27th, will be the debut of the Thanos Boss Event: Come and Get Me, concluding on Sunday, April 30th.

Here are all the details for this upcoming event!

Powered-Up Characters

• Featured: Ant Man (Scott Lang), Storm (Mohawk), Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
  • New Character: Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2), Cloak & Dagger (Classic), Star-Lord (Peter Quill)
  • Event:
    • 5-Star - Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Spider-Man (Back in Black), Wolverine (Old Man Logan)
    • 4-Star - Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Drax (The Destroyer), Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw), Wolverine (X-Force)
    • 3-Star - Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy), Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted), Spider-Man (Classic), Wolverine (Patch),
    • 2-Star - Hawkeye (Modern), Spider-Man (Bag-Man), Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
    • 1-Star - Hawkeye (Classic), Spider-Man (Original)

Thanos (Infinity Saga)

• Doesn’t make matches
  • Infinity Gauntlet
    • Black Passive
    • If there isn't already one on the board, create a 2-turn Gauntlet tile that charges and destroys the entire row, dealing massive damage and gaining triple AP.
    • The Gauntlet tile can't be matched and won't fall
  • Infinite Power
    • 8 Purple AP
    • Creates a Purple Countdown tile. (3-turn tile at Rounds 1-6. 4 turn tile at rounds 7 & 8)
    • While this tile is on the board, Thanos (Infinity Saga) deals 15% extra damage and no tiles may be destroyed or changed except by Thanos (Infinity Saga) (tiles may still be matched away)
  • Infinity Gems
    • Green Passive
    • Thanos cannot be Stunned nor sent Airborne
    • At the beginning of the battle, place one of each Infinity Gem on the board. Destroying the Gem gives you the following effect:
      • Time Gem: Creates a random duplicate non-Purple Infinity Gem
      • Mind Gem: Generate 30 AP of a random color
      • Reality Gem: Give a burst of healing to your entire team, restoring them to full health.
      • Power Gem: Deal a massive amount of damage to Thanos (a little more than third of his max health).
      • Space Gem: Create 2 Critical tiles
      • Soul Gem: Destroy all Green tiles, dealing damage but not generating AP

Come and Get Me Cover Store

• Chance to get 3-Star Star-Lord (Peter Quill)

Volume 2, Obviously Cover Store

• 10% chance for a Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2) cover
  • 90% chance at the latest 4-Stars
  • Additional Tokens can be purchased for 25 Command Points

Star-Lord Limited Vault

• 40 items
    • Volume 2, Obviously Legendary token
    • 1 random 4-Star cover
    • 3 Star-Lord (Peter Quill) covers (one of each)
    • 6 Heroic tokens
    • 4x 2500 Iso-8
    • 6x 1000 Iso-8
    • 5x 500 Iso-8
    • 14 Random 2-Star covers

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Question on "charges and destroys the entire row, dealing massive damage and gaining triple AP."

Charged tiles already yield 3xap, does this ability triple that for 9xap/tile?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nova is a great choice for progression rewards, definitely more enticing than Antman. And very happy to finish off my hawk guy with that purple cover. 

Overall, oolong forward to this event.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Weekly 5* boosted"?!?

Glad to see the whales weren't benefited enough elsewhere.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    How many turns is the purple countdown tile active?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* boosted weekly?  Is this new?  Will this continue?  Will this be for PVP as well if 5* are boosted or just this event?  To top it off OML is boosted....
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very important question - will Boss Thanos be fixed levels or scaled to your team?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    SnowcaTT said:
    "Weekly 5* boosted"?!?

Right, because scaling isn't bad enough? 
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    is it possible to stun boss thanos?

edit: overlooked his green power
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint said:
    SnowcaTT said:
    "Weekly 5* boosted"?!?

Right, because scaling isn't bad enough? 
    I'm betting the "weekly" in that section is erroneous.  Those aren't even the weekly boosts for this week or next week.  It should say "event" and they just copy/pasted the weekly list for formatting and forgot to replace that word.
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    edited April 2017
    Yes I think those are going to be some of the required characters for the pins,  Most of the Spider-men are there and the Wolverines, just missing 3star Hawkguy, so maybe this is listing that you can use whatever version you have (including the 5 star version) for certain character pins, but I agree I found it a little unclear.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Can Thanos be sent airborne?
  • GreenMachine
    GreenMachine Posts: 52 Match Maker
    So Antman is a boosted weekly 4* and he's boosted for the event?

What's the point in double dipping like that?

Instead, cant we get a 4* that isnt already boosted for the week?
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Gotta say, that Gauntlet tile is a bit intimidating. Kinda hard to get match 4s lined up perfectly. However those infinity gems on the other hand look to more than make up for the massive damage. Which one is the purple one?
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    So Antman is a boosted weekly 4* and he's boosted for the event?

What's the point in double dipping like that?

Instead, cant we get a 4* that isnt already boosted for the week?
    The weekly boosted characters aren't boosted for boss events, the event has it's own boost list.  Anyone not listed above is not going to be boosted.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Soul Gem: Destroy all Green tiles, dealing damage but not generating AP

Besides the fact that Mohawk is conveniently boosted this event, this Gem ensures that we cannot utilize the Hulk/Mohawk strategy for this boss.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    And very happy to finish off my hawk guy with that purple cover. 
    @Brigby Can you confirm it's the 2* Hawkeye (modern) at 395,500 and not the 3* hawk guy cover? It seems like a typo at 395,500. I can't see why it would be with almost double the points of the 2* for another 2*.

Thanks!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Powered-Up Event Characters
    • Featured: Ant Man (Scott Lang), Storm (Mohawk), Captain Marvel (Ms. Marvel)
    • New Character: Star-Lord (Awesome Mix Volume 2), Cloak & Dagger (Classic), Star-Lord (Peter Quill)
    • Weekly:
      • 5-Star - Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Spider-Man (Back in Black), Wolverine (Old Man Logan)
      • 4-Star - Ant-Man (Scott Lang), Drax (The Destroyer), Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw), Wolverine (X-Force)
      • 3-Star - Gamora (Guardians of the Galaxy), Rocket & Groot (Most Wanted), Spider-Man (Classic), Wolverine (Patch),
      • 2-Star - Hawkeye (Modern), Spider-Man (Bag-Man), Wolverine (Astonishing X-Men)
      • 1-Star - Hawkeye (Classic), Hawkeye (Original)
    First, you've got Hawkeye twice in the 1-star area.

Second, the "Weekly" list needs to be renamed. The WEEKLY boosted list is:
    • 4-Star: Iceman, Invisible Woman, Iron Fist (Danny Rand), Iron Man (Hulkbuster), The Punisher (MAX)
    • 3-Star: Beast, Black Panther (T'Challa), Bullseye (Classic), Sam Wilson (Falcon), Kamala Khan
    • Hawkeye (Modern), Moonstone
    • Black Widow (Modern), Storm (Modern)
    If Boss Events are subject to the Weekly boosted list, why aren't these characters on it? If Boss events are not subject to the Weekly boosted list, then something should change. You can't say Hawkeye (Clint Barton) is "Weekly" boosted for Thanos's boss event, but not for the rest of the Story/PVP events of the week. (it's equally as frustrating to say "Hulkbuster is boosted this Week, except for the Boss event that will be the most significant thing going on)

Both of them say "Weekly", but neither of them are accurate descriptions, because one is Boss-only, and one is excluded from the Boss list for... seemingly no reason. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the existing Guardians are boosted for the Thanos event, but if Boss events aren't going to obey Weekly boosted rules, it should be spelled out more clearly. Just a note that says "Boss Events feature unique groups of Powered-Up characters that don't follow traditional weekly lists" and renaming the Boss "Weekly" group to something like "Event Special" or something.