D3 Prioritization Thread

Options
124»

Comments

• span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    The Day's Undoing bug has always been there. It fails to cast when it's the only card in your hand and the opponent has no cards in hand. It will still go through with the pop-up prompt but it will not cast, like Anguished Unmaking without valid targets.
    Ah, that I did not know. Crazy how Day's was one of my first mythics and I've never come across this before. Thanks!

Any idea how long ago this bug was first reported to the dev team? Odd that they haven't fixed it by now.

New thread for the bug started here
    viewtopic.php?f=32&t=58809
    You're welcome. I run it in Kiora so I do come across it from time to time. That and rarely do people cast Day's Undoing when the Al's hand is empty. What made the cause obvious to me was a match where we were both cascading rainbows and I had two consecutive turns with both of us having no cards except my Day's Undoing for me to verify that this was the cause.

Also I stand corrected, Anguished Unmaking goes ahead and takes away your 6hp even with no opponent creature or support on the board. I thought it wasn't the case before.

I don't know if anyone actually reported the bug. I didn't report it cause I was lazy to and it didn't really bother me (as I said, rare are the cases you want to cast Day's Undoing with the Al's hand empty).
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So what's new in 1.10.2?

I think my favorite change is the way the creature ability icons have been slightly offset and now hang in the air for a little while after the creature has died.
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    So what's new in 1.10.2?

I think my favorite change is the way the creature ability icons have been slightly offset and now hang in the air for a little while after the creature has died.

Don't forget the little star thats on your opponents planeswalker image in the trials of the planeswalkers event. That's really cool too.
  • buscemi
    Options
    More important changes in 1.10.2:

The order of the colors on the Color Mastery section of your profile has been changed.

I bet babar3355 is kicking himself now for not including that one in the original poll in this thread.
  • buscemi
    Options
    They've taken the 'player count' off the Events, so we don't know how many players have signed up to them.

They only just added that recently...
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Wow! You get the star when you are enraged too! This is exactly what we asked for.

Edit: Don't forget the seizure causing flashes when you open each card.
  • Kevinanth
    Kevinanth Posts: 50
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Sorin81 wrote:
    Wow! You get the star when you are enraged too! This is exactly what we asked for.

Edit: Don't forget the seizure causing flashes when you open each card.

I like flash. Makes it feel like every dupe is punching me in the face.
  • Kicksnake
    Kicksnake Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    a b c e i.
  • buscemi
    Options
    The cheaters are back.

What I might do in a day or two is pin detailed instructions on how to cheat to the top of my facebook page, along with a prominent warning not to do it.

Anyone see any legal problems with that?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    The cheaters are back.

What I might do in a day or two is pin detailed instructions on how to cheat to the top of my facebook page, along with a prominent warning not to do it.

Anyone see any legal problems with that?
    We strongly suggest that you do not post instructions on how to cheat in MTGPQ on any platform, as distribution of cheating methods is considered a violation of our Terms of Use policy.

Look, I understand that cheaters can be frustrating to deal with, and it's something I've been actively trying to combat. Having said that though, publicizing information on how to cheat by sharing it on various social media platforms does not help solve the problem; it creates more. If you have suspect cheaters you wish to report, please provide that information to me, and our team will investigate and take action. Thank you.
  • buscemi
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    publicizing information on how to cheat by sharing it on various social media platforms does not help solve the problem

I disagree, actually. Distributing information on how to cheat would create a much larger sample size of cheating players for you to detect. It'd also let you lot know how they were doing it.

Plus, doing something egregious like that often provides a powerful incentive to take action; look at all these new people who've turned up on the forum after your monumentally unpopular 1.10.2 update, for example.
  • Zustel1
    Zustel1 Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Options
    My ranks:

1. C Unfair Ranking System in Events - Tie goes to the first to complete, advantaging certain time zones, cheaters, or players using low level PWs
    2. E No Deck Slots - Forcing players to continually re-calibrate decks, often for concurrent events
    3. B Poor Drop Rates - And seemingly getting worse with Kaladesh
    4. A Cheating - Often documented and recently confirmed by d3.
    5. H Imbalanced Cards - Dominate cards such as Deploy, Olivia, Exert Influence, etc cause little variety in deck construction and hamper the enjoy ability of deck innovation
    6. D Freezes, Lag, and Bugs - No ability to continue or reset a match after crash
    7. F Content - Boring or redundant content with little focus on shaking up events to create more fun and challenging gameplay
    8. G No PvP - Not even the ability to play against your own, or your coalition mates decks
    9. I No Card Trading System - Impossible to get certain cards without getting lucky, or do anything meaningful with your 5th Mind's Dillation

I understand the Unfair Ranking System as the broken Color Mastery, which should be completely revised. Best solution is to give mastery points with winning in events. The Mastery of the cards could be used otherwise, for example an extra reward system, where you get runes, crystals, boosters or cards when your card mastery score hits a certain number.

The drop rates aren't the problem, the handling of dupes is. Either reduce the amount of dupes based on the cards a player has, not the dupes in one pack. That never was a problem to anyone. And give crystals for rares and mythics.

Point 7.-9. are unimportant to me. Just more story mode would be nice.
  • Brigby
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    publicizing information on how to cheat by sharing it on various social media platforms does not help solve the problem

I disagree, actually. Distributing information on how to cheat would create a much larger sample size of cheating players for you to detect. It'd also let you lot know how they were doing it.

Plus, doing something egregious like that often provides a powerful incentive to take action; look at all these new people who've turned up on the forum after your monumentally unpopular 1.10.2 update, for example.
    More cheaters also means more innocent players are negatively affected. Creating more cheaters that are new to detect also does not help in detecting any potential current cheaters, but rather obscures them further.

Regardless of the reason, distributing this information is still against our Terms of Use policy. Once again, I would highly recommend not posting any information, as there can be ramifications to those actions.
  • Rogan_Josh
    Rogan_Josh Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    buscemi wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

More cheaters also means more innocent players are negatively affected. Creating more cheaters that are new to detect also does not help in detecting any potential current cheaters, but rather obscures them further.

Regardless of the reason, distributing this information is still against our Terms of Use policy. Once again, I would highly recommend not posting any information, as there can be ramifications to those actions.

Perhaps giving us some more comprehensive instructions about reporting cheaters could help. Everyone can take screenshots of the leaderboards but obviously that isn't doing you guys much good. What info can we gather for you? What data is needed to analyse?

A significant portion of this community's population would love nothing better than to gather this and help you sort the problem. Use us as best you can, we'll help fix our game for you.
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Once again, I would highly recommend not posting any information, as there can be ramifications to those actions.
    After the tinykitty Cthulhu just posted, I don't think your threat has as much menace as you want it to.
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Once again, I would highly recommend not posting any information, as there can be ramifications to those actions.
    After the tinykitty Cthulhu just posted, I don't think your threat has as much menace as you want it to.

Yeah at this point I feel like I want to watch the game burn.
  • Brigby
    Options
    Rogan Josh wrote:
    Perhaps giving us some more comprehensive instructions about reporting cheaters could help. Everyone can take screenshots of the leaderboards but obviously that isn't doing you guys much good. What info can we gather for you? What data is needed to analyse?

A significant portion of this community's population would love nothing better than to gather this and help you sort the problem. Use us as best you can, we'll help fix our game for you.
    From the community's perspective, all we would need are the names of any suspect cheaters. Feel free to private message me any names, and we will investigate promptly.
  • buscemi
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    From the community's perspective, all we would need are the names of any suspect cheaters. Feel free to private message me any names, and we will investigate promptly.

Just so we're clear, you're saying that you have no automated way of detecting cheaters? *We*, the players, can spot them easily, using our eyes and some simple pattern recognition skills without even having access to the code, but the dev team don't know how to do it at all, and are incapable of automating the process?
  • Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Rogan Josh wrote:
    Use us as best you can, we'll help fix our game for you.

Why should we have to!? Its THEIR job that I used to pay the money for!

Having the players police themselves is utter stupidity.
    buscemi wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

Just so we're clear, you're saying that you have no automated way of detecting cheaters? *We*, the players, can spot them easily, using our eyes and some simple pattern recognition skills without even having access to the code, but the dev team don't know how to do it at all, and are incapable of automating the process?

Yes
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Does the naming of cheaters extend to naming members of D3H who are cheating the players out of a fun game?

Asking for a friend.....