D3 Prioritization Thread

Options

Comments

• babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. Thanks for participating in this poll and helping prioritize the community's main concerns. While I actually do the same thing myself each week, it certainly helps to have that information centralized like this.

I've taken this thread and included it in my report for the developers. Thanks!

Excellent! Thanks Brigby!
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I really hope cheating gets addressed soon. I know for a fact that the person who claimed 1st place in my NoP bracket today is a cheater. Really disappointing to see someone like that take the good prizes away from honest players. (And no, it doesn't effect me personally because I still would have been outside top 5 without that player but it still makes me angry.) I'd post the username here but that's against the rules but if anyone would like to know, PM me and I will gladly share.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZW2007- wrote:
    I really hope cheating gets addressed soon. I know for a fact that the person who claimed 1st place in my NoP bracket today is a cheater. Really disappointing to see someone like that take the good prizes away from honest players. (And no, it doesn't effect me personally because I still would have been outside top 5 without that player but it still makes me angry.) I'd post the username here but that's against the rules but if anyone would like to know, PM me and I will gladly share.

Does it rhyme with screwman?
  • DuskPaladin
    DuskPaladin Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Options
    About people who thinks that Cheaters only affect Quick Battle events and thus not a big deal since they just have to not participate in them, well they are unfortunately wrong. Thanks to QB, we found ways to identify them, while they go basically unnoticed in other events because it only looks like a win or a perfect score to us. We don't have the timestamp nor the footage: a win is a win for the system.

It seems like we are sore losers to question meteoric rises from (until then) unknown players, but once again it takes time and gather the necessary cards and a good deal of luck to finish in the top 5-25, etc. We can't be sure, and there's surely a good bunch of legit and relatively unknown players, thus it's the perfect playground for the cheaters to not get caught. Quick Battles are only the tip of the iceberg.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    We don't have the timestamp nor the footage: a win is a win for the system.
    Regrettably true, and unfortunately we players have no way to prove it happens in events - it's entirely possible to get a streak of 4-5 round wins with the right draw. In QB it's different since you can average out their point totals over time. Events are bursty and have no way to do the same.

Luckily this new build will curtail the cheaters a moment, as they need to wait for some jerkwad to decompile a new DLL and assemble their own. I haven't looked at the apk yet but I'm desperately hoping that Hibernum has signed their DLL this time around.
  • ZW2007-
    ZW2007- Posts: 812 Critical Contributor
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    Luckily this new build will curtail the cheaters a moment, as they need to wait for some jerkwad to decompile a new DLL and assemble their own. I haven't looked at the apk yet but I'm desperately hoping that Hibernum has signed their DLL this time around.
    Hopefully it curtails them long enough to keep them away from Aetherworks Marvel. Bad enough the filthy cheats stole Dynavolt Tower from real players.
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    There's a rumour going around that in 1.9.2 hexproof has been changed BACK to how it was before the last update?

Surely that whole deal was a colossal waste of everyone's time then?
  • Corn_Noodles
    Corn_Noodles Posts: 477 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    There's a rumour going around that in 1.9.2 hexproof has been changed BACK to how it was before the last update?

Reading is FUNdamental.
    Also we reverted the Hexproof change, so you can now again target your own creatures with Hexproof with your own effects. I'll take the proper time to explain why we made the change and why we reverted it in another post at a later time
  • buscemi
    Options
    buscemi wrote:

Reading is FUNdamental.
    Also we reverted the Hexproof change, so you can now again target your own creatures with Hexproof with your own effects. I'll take the proper time to explain why we made the change and why we reverted it in another post at a later time

I was going to read that, just in another post, at a later time.
  • Lightcell
    Lightcell Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    I don't understand what is wrong with the ranking system. I have never played a game where they tried to cater to players in different timezones. It isn't really a realistic demand.
  • buscemi
    Options
    And, wait! Does this spell icon look a little different to you?

15994866_10209963049345824_3904523095202119208_o.jpg?oh=17040782fabcdd0ea16646efa061a36a&oe=5922E43E
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Why yes, they removed the tiny gap between the mana circle and the card type icon.

Just when I thought they were running out of ways to change the user interface while STILL not allowing us to have a list view for our planeswalkers, they come up with something new.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also almost certain they changed gem graphics again. My eyes feel better during play now.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Also almost certain they changed gem graphics again. My eyes feel better during play now.

Yes, and the performance seems to be improved a bit, though I haven't played against any heavy energize/fabricate decks yet. Hopefully it'll be better.

The gems look odd now, though, since I got used to the prior look. The dark edges make them look very egg-shaped.
  • buscemi
    Options
    Is it me or does that healing potion look different on the objective screen? I can't seem to find an old screenshot of it...
  • buscemi
    Options
    And, obviously they've changed the entire 'filters' menu in the deckbuilder.

Because a never ending stream of complaints about the old one which worked the same but looked a bit different were pouring in.
  • buscemi
    Options
    "Good morning team! What's on the agenda for today? Fixing the cheaters maybe? The drop rates? the Tiebreakers? The game freezes? Adding deck slots?"

"No sir, today we thought we'd put a little black circle around the expansion symbol on all the cards"

"Excellent! Don't forget to make it overlap the text of some of those cards, to make it look really professional!"
  • buscemi
    Options
    So here's a thought.

Clearly, a lot of the unnecessary changes I've just pointed out in 1.9.2 are cosmetic. Presumably, they have been implemented by the fabled 'UI/UX' team, who, we have been told in the past, lack the necessary skill to do anything other than change the User Interface.

Hey, d'you know what is *definitely* a part of the User Interface, and has been requested endlessly by users since the earliest days of the game? Adding multiple deck save slots to planeswalkers.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    buscemi wrote:
    Hey, d'you know what is *definitely* a part of the User Interface, and has been requested endlessly by users since the earliest days of the game? Adding multiple deck save slots to planeswalkers.
    Speaking as someone literally writing a deck save feature, it's a bit more complex than that.

UI is, admittedly, a big part of it though. icon_e_smile.gif I went through no fewer than 16 iterations over the UI before I settled on one.
  • buscemi
    Options
    octal9 wrote:
    buscemi wrote:
    Speaking as someone literally writing a deck save feature, it's a bit more complex than that.

UI is, admittedly, a big part of it though. icon_e_smile.gif I went through no fewer than 16 iterations over the UI before I settled on one.

What, writing 10 numbers into a file, and reading them again? There's no need for encryption, what else is there to do that's hard?