*** Psylocke (Classic) ***

Comments

• pasa_ wrote:
    DaloneWolf wrote:
    Black: Psi Katana 5/5
    Cost: 6
    Deals 965 damage and leaves the enemy bleeding. Converting a black tile into a 231 attack tile that damages the current opponent each turn.

To me that looks so much worse compared to Molotov. Should cost 5 AP for that effect, maybe even 4.

I like Molotov more as well but if you're a heavy strike tile user getting an attack tile out immediately is nice.
  • yemet wrote:
    Daken and wolvie are pretty bad with her couse she only puts her strike tiles if there are no more then 3. So if you match green 2 times with maxed daken she will not be able to put any strike tiles.

Because it's totally normal to have 21 red AP to drop 3 strike tiles for her from scratch (8+7+6)?
  • What are some good builds for her?
  • Yeggy
    Yeggy Posts: 81
    optimiza wrote:
    Seems like she might do some cool stuff with Daken though. Assuming you don't nuke your own strike tiles, in principle the tiles don't need to be hers to get the AP reduction.
    Ah right! Daken would be very interesting when paired up with her.
    If I'm reading her description right, she only creates a strike tile if fewer than 3 exist. So you're essentially bringing Daken along to reduce her casting cost once -- after that all you get is damage.

Can't wait to see max level stats; pretty sure this one is going to see time in my rotation.

I can confirm this. If there are 3 or more red strike tiles (that your team owns), her Psychic Knife costs 5 and makes no more strike tiles.

I don't know anything about Psylocke in her comics but her Psychic Knife animation is 3 punches....
  • Yeggy
    Yeggy Posts: 81
    -AP steal that can potentially steal a huge chunk of the enemy's most important color

Don't you mean "...steal a huge chunk of the enemy's LEAST important color"? It would be the colour the AI collected and can't use. Waiting on a countdown tile ruins your plans on which colour you are trying to steal. Way too little control of what you take. If you can't use the color that you stole with your team, then you aren't very happy either (if for some reason your team doesn't have abilities in all colours). Costing 10 and taking 3 (2 later?) turns generally means the AI will spend any color they need to unless it's really expensive. Oh, did I forget it's a countdown tile and it will probably die to a 4-match that you didn't see coming? It could be annoying on defense...but I still don't think so, meh.

I really like kit, except the blue. Blue is slow and not consistent enough for my taste. I still like her though...
  • If her blue was better, I'd be in but I consider her blue pretty much a useless skill.

I'll stick with Punisher over her but she is pretty solid.
  • Heads up,

Everyone is misinterpreting her very literal description of her strike tiles.

As her power's description states, she won't create strike tiles if there are at least 3 RED strike tiles in play.

But if someone can create strike tiles that are not on red tiles, then these strike tiles do not count against her 3 strike tile limit (they also do no lower her red AP cost either). Thus, her strike tiles play very nicely with Punisher (multi-color strike) and Patch (green strike); both of which I've verified for strike tile stacking.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Heads up,

As her power's description states, she won't create strike tiles if there are at least 3 RED strike tiles in play.

But if someone can create strike tiles that are not on red tiles, then these strike tiles do not count against her 3 strike tile limit (they also do no lower her red AP cost either). Thus, her strike tiles play very nicely with Punisher (multi-color strike) and Patch (green strike); both of which I've verified for strike tile stacking.

Yes. Patch/Psylocke/Spider-Man is probably the best team in the game for clearing.
  • The point isn't to try to create 3 red strike tiles with Psylocke. You need 21 AP (8+7+6), and for 21 red AP, Patch can kill one guy and start halfway on killing another guy with The Best There Is.

You're supposed to try to cheese the first two strike tiles if possible through some other means, because then you get to create a 192 strength tile for just 6 red AP, and then your next red now does at least 1157 damage for 5 red (which is a very respectable ratio). This also lets you do 6 black AP into a Psi-Katana for at least 1157 damage (again a very respectable ratio). Creating 3 red tiles with Psylocke is way overkill, and it requires an amount of red AP that'd normally be enough to simply blow away most of your opponents (21 red).
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Phantron wrote:
    The point isn't to try to create 3 red strike tiles with Psylocke. You need 21 AP (8+7+6), and for 21 red AP, Patch can kill one guy and start halfway on killing another guy with The Best There Is.

You're supposed to try to cheese the first two strike tiles if possible through some other means, because then you get to create a 192 strength tile for just 6 red AP, and then your next red now does at least 1157 damage for 5 red (which is a very respectable ratio). This also lets you do 6 black AP into a Psi-Katana for at least 1157 damage (again a very respectable ratio). Creating 3 red tiles with Psylocke is way overkill, and it requires an amount of red AP that'd normally be enough to simply blow away most of your opponents (21 red).
    Yup. Been rocking her with Dakken, + anyone who uses green well. Timing and long battles of attrition seem to be in her favour. Ive found waiting a little to unload with her goes a long way. especially her black. With those i find they're safest when you clean up the board of black and then unload them all at once. popping em off as soon as i got them just seemed to end in the attack tiles getting eliminated in 2-3 turns. and you really need like 2-3 to really start feeling the damage. anyone tried her with blue doom?
    I suspect his black tile generation should work nicely for both of them.

Shame she just isn't hi leveled enough to actually use unboosted.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Maybe her blue got increased because mobs can generate more AP then they can use, like in this event green it seems (sometimes) . Also, some of the mobs now are generating colors they cant use-> i believe purple for the green/(detonate) dudes.
  • I personally will be leveling my psylocke to 141. I haven't quite fiqured out the best team to run her with but she has a unique color combination (red/blue/black) which will undoubtably fit nicely in some team. Also much like punisher the ability to create strike and attack tiles has real appeal. I actually like that unlike punisher she isn't destroying part of the board everytime I drop an attack tile. Actually seems to match up nicely with OBW in PvE, since her blue is really not so useful and she has a decent black ability. All in all her main abilities are cheap and she can take a hit a good addition in my books.
  • Rorex wrote:
    I personally will be leveling my psylocke to 141. I haven't quite fiqured out the best team to run her with but she has a unique color combination (red/blue/black) which will undoubtably fit nicely in some team. Also much like punisher the ability to create strike and attack tiles has real appeal. I actually like that unlike punisher she isn't destroying part of the board everytime I drop an attack tile. Actually seems to match up nicely with OBW in PvE, since her blue is really not so useful and she has a decent black ability. All in all her main abilities are cheap and she can take a hit a good addition in my books.

As others have suggested I really like Psylocke paired with OBW and Patch for PVE.

I say just PVE because keeping her level lower to allow OBW to match Blue and Black isn't optimal for PVP (same thing I do with Loki).
  • Not sure if someone mentioned yet or not, I am not gonna bother looking, but her red doesn't have a way to determine whether or not thr strike tiles are hers or not. All you need to lower her red cost is ANY of your strike tiles on red. So dakan/wolvie/patch if you use his red, and punisher happening to infect a red tile all lower the cost of her red. Not a huge game changer, but it gives her more combo-ability imo. Very easy to have dakan match a green or two and instantly drop that red down to a 5-6 ap move.

Edit: literally right above me almost...lol.
  • Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the red is extremely efficient at 5AP. 1600 damage (because you have 3 strike tiles out) makes it almost as AP efficient as Best There Is, plus you get to split the cost up into nice monthly installments.
  • So do we have confirmation of how bewilder really works?

I tried it once against goons -- it took the black that was in highest store and none of their ability used. What resonates with early guess that it will grab the enemy's LEAST important color.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Heads up,

I noticed she ignores the red strike tiles created by enemy that goes against the description text.
  • pasa_ wrote:
    So do we have confirmation of how bewilder really works?

I tried it once against goons -- it took the black that was in highest store and none of their ability used. What resonates with early guess that it will grab the enemy's LEAST important color.
    Her red is fine, if it accounted for enemy strike tiles, you wouldn't be able to ever put your strikes against Daken.
    Bewilder steals from the highest AP stash, which is fine, if you run a rainbow team. Black is used by Psylocke herself. Bewilder did help me in a couple of tight situations, just have to protect the CD tile.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    pasa_ wrote:

Was that the group of exploding Iso Goons from the event? They do earn Black (I'm guessing because of their passive ability).
  • Pwuz_ wrote:
    pasa_ wrote:

Was that the group of exploding Iso Goons from the event? They do earn Black (I'm guessing because of their passive ability).

Yep those goons. They create 4 colors but use only 3.

In any case the text should reflect exactly what the ability costs and does.