** Moonstone (Dark Avengers) **

Options
14567810»

Comments

• This is in regard to the AI controlled boosted Moonstone, obviously, there's one place this is found, PvE.

I have noticed that if I have special tiles out there and the AI decides to fire that skill off, it has not been warping tiles, instead just handing me the 1-1.5k damage. Current PvE, I have IF, Beast, BP so I have a wide selection of tiles available to warp, instead, she just pops a tile. Is there something I am missing about her skill (or lack thereof)?
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Splarne wrote:
    This is in regard to the AI controlled boosted Moonstone, obviously, there's one place this is found, PvE.

I have noticed that if I have special tiles out there and the AI decides to fire that skill off, it has not been warping tiles, instead just handing me the 1-1.5k damage. Current PvE, I have IF, Beast, BP so I have a wide selection of tiles available to warp, instead, she just pops a tile. Is there something I am missing about her skill (or lack thereof)?
    It means the enemy Moonstone doesn't have a fully-covered Gravity Warp skill. At 1 cover she can only Warp purple or black, for instance, so Cage's red protect tile won't save you from the damage.
  • falsep77
    Options
    jredd wrote:
    can we maybe make another tweak to our lovely gal here. the AI on her purple does the most ridiculous things. like selecting a spot between two purples and then it moves a red. or moves one of the flanking purples one spot over. seriously, like that is the desired outcome i'm looking for. seems like the only time it 'works' is when there is only one option.

make the destination and the tile to be moved selectable. not too much to ask.

I find it amazing that Moonstones been on the game since inception

but QUICKSILVER got this skill.
  • falsep77 wrote:
    jredd wrote:
    can we maybe make another tweak to our lovely gal here. the AI on her purple does the most ridiculous things. like selecting a spot between two purples and then it moves a red. or moves one of the flanking purples one spot over. seriously, like that is the desired outcome i'm looking for. seems like the only time it 'works' is when there is only one option.

make the destination and the tile to be moved selectable. not too much to ask.

I find it amazing that Moonstones been on the game since inception

but QUICKSILVER got this skill.

I suspect this might be an issue with not being able to place two separate targeting restrictions on the same box. IE, the first selection has to be selected as a special tile, but the second selection can be anywhere, if done similar to QS skill, but the way targeting selection works, it would actually be restricted to swapping 2 special tiles.
  • After Gauntlet and PVE Sim, Moonstone's quickly hopped my 2 star tier list to S-Class, easily.

Her purple is still a wild card, but is cheap enough to leverage early board advantage/damage spike if needed.

Her red can down nearly any enemy in her level range in one shot with enough red on the board, and it's outdamaging equal level Cyclops red on the right board, so you lose tile destruction but the damage gain can be quite impressive.

But the true MVP of this character is her revamped Black. I've swung so many games with proper use of her tile steal, and while Loki's flip is superior at max covers, it is a bit higher costed, and sometimes Flipping isn't as great as just out right theft. She's become my go to muscle buster for nodes with those annoyances.

She's been a bit of a running forum joke about her covers always dropping, but it seemed to take forever to max her black and now that I have, I can't see discarding her again.
  • gentgeen
    gentgeen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    I have to say that Moonstone is one of my key players - maybe be it is my specific situation (2* -> 3* trans), but I use her daily in DDQ Big Enchilada at a minimum. Of course her powers are situational - so you just set up the situation. Here is how she shines for me. The description is for DDQ, but I have used same thing when I fight any big tile generator (Magneto, Daken, 2* Bulleye come to mind)

Moonstone to the left, OBW to the right, and Thor in the middle spot, and Moonstone at same, or higher level than OBW. Gives a nice rainbow team that works really well together.

Moonstone with her higher HP, tanks purpletile.png for OBW. I hunt down bluetile.png, purpletile.png and blacktile.png matches (in that order). Green, Yellow and Red come along for the ride. (Unfortunately Moon also tanks blacktile.png, so Espionage only fires for bluetile.png )

During goon rounds, I fire off OBW bluetile.png ASAP to increase heath and lengthen those CD tiles, I fire off OBW purpletile.png ASAP to steal, and I fire off Moonstones blacktile.png as soon as the goons have 3 strike/attack/protect tiles. I stockpile the redtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.png

Once the 'hero rounds' start, I have a bank of green, yellow, and red and usually a few (stolen) strike/attack/protect tiles on the board. With at least 5 red on board I fire Moons redtile.png - Then fire off all Thor green, then all yellow. Important to fire the yellow last. (1) You don't want those red you need for Moons damage being changed to green and (2) you don't want to be matching green if you already got 30. Firing the yellow usually produces a cascade or two, reloading me for more purpletile.pngredtile.pngyellowtile.pnggreentile.png fires. Saving the bluetile.png and blacktile.png for goons and/or when needed (IF and Cage come to mind here). Heros usually don't get to fight back much, if at all.

Moon is key for me -- her big red, tanking purple for soft OBW, and stealing those special tiles -- I doubt I would be winning many of Enchilada rounds. Maybe I am in the minority - maybe things will change when I have a stronger 3* hand, but right now I love Moon.

EDIT: forgot to note, I have Moon at 3 purpletile.png /5 redtile.png /5 blacktile.png - and the rare case where I do use her purpletile.png I rarely do it when there is a tile on the board. I usually only use it for the damage.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gentgeen wrote:
    I have to say that Moonstone is one of my key players - maybe be it is my specific situation (2* -> 3* trans), but I use her daily in DDQ Big Enchilada at a minimum. Of course her powers are situational - so you just set up the situation. Here is how she shines for me. The description is for DDQ, but I have used same thing when I fight any big tile generator (Magneto, Daken, 2* Bulleye come to mind)

Moonstone to the left, OBW to the right, and Thor in the middle spot, and Moonstone at same, or higher level than OBW. Gives a nice rainbow team that works really well together.

Moonstone with her higher HP, tanks purpletile.png for OBW. I hunt down bluetile.png, purpletile.png and blacktile.png matches (in that order). Green, Yellow and Red come along for the ride. (Unfortunately Moon also tanks blacktile.png, so Espionage only fires for bluetile.png )

Even with her squishy HP, it is infinitely better having OBW tank Purple. You potentially get Aggressive Recon AP in two matches, rather than in 3.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    By the way, I'm not familiar with Moonstone's backstory so I was wondering if there is some reason she gives out Hulk covers when championed? Is that purely random or are the characters connected somehow?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:
    By the way, I'm not familiar with Moonstone's backstory so I was wondering if there is some reason she gives out Hulk covers when championed? Is that purely random or are the characters connected somehow?
    I think she debuted in a very old issue of Incredible Hulk. Other than that I am not aware of any connection.
  • falsep77
    Options
    ZootSax wrote:

yeah her first appearance was as plain old Karla Sofen, as Arnin Zola's assistant in an old Captain America issue.

Her next appearance as Moonstone and how she got her powers was in Incredible Hulk 228 and 229.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just realized that moonestone's black doesn't work if there aren't a minimun number of special tiles. So if you have 5 covers in black, you can use it unless there are 3 tiles on the board. That's terrible! This should work like 3* bullseye's purple.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Just realized that moonestone's black doesn't work if there aren't a minimun number of special tiles. So if you have 5 covers in black, you can use it unless there are 3 tiles on the board. That's terrible! This should work like 3* bullseye's purple.
    it fired with less than 3 on me in ddq today. I fired green. she had 20ish black. she flipped 3 of my 4 specials. next turn she flipped the last 1. then I threw green again and then purple to erase the 4 flipped ones.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    it fired with less than 3 on me in ddq today. I fired green. she had 20ish black. she flipped 3 of my 4 specials. next turn she flipped the last 1. then I threw green again and then purple to erase the 4 flipped ones.

I have 3 Black on my moonstone. I was unable to cast black with 1 enemy special tile on the board today. I just got the 'not enough tiles' pop-up. I will try to do a more thorough test when I clear pve later today.
  • Vhailorx
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:
    TxMoose wrote:
    Vhailorx wrote:

I have 3 Black on my moonstone. I was unable to cast black with 1 enemy special tile on the board today. I just got the 'not enough tiles' pop-up. I will try to do a more thorough test when I clear pve later today.
    With 3 covers, she only flips Attack and Protect Tiles. She starts flipping Strike tiles at 4 covers.

That might explain what was going on, as I was at 3 covers. Thanks!
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    As this was a reminder to me and a surprise to many alliance mates:
    Moonstone's purple at 5 covers also warps Invisibility Tiles.

So I was caught in a Prof-X vs Prof-X match and we were both invisible - a potential drag-out excruciating match to end. Then I noticed that I had a random team-up, a Moonstone purple. Yep, it can warp his Invisible tile to wherever you want it.
    I actually moved it to a match-4 purple lineup so he would match it away and I could blast him on my following turn.

Obviously this works vs Invisible Woman, Howard, etc. too.
    Just be careful, it warps any special tile at random, so be sure you do it when there are no other specials that could move instead.
    So if you happen to be a Moonstone fan (as I am, she's underrated among the 2* tier IMO), at least her team-ups can come in very handy.