Unknown
edited February 2017 in Character Details
icon_moonstone.pngMoonstone (Dark Avengers) - 2*
Damage, Health and Other Statistics

Gravity Warp
Power Cost - 8 purpletile.png

Moonstone manipulates gravity.

Character Level 15:
    Power Level 1 - A chosen basic tile is swapped with a random purpletile.png or blacktile.png special tile. If there are no valid special tiles, the chosen tile implodes and deals 143 damage.
    Power Level 2 - Also redtile.png special tiles. 164 damage.
    Power Level 3 - Also yellowtile.png special tiles. 186 damage.
    Power Level 4 - Also bluetile.png special tiles. 207 damage.
    Power Level 5 - Any special tile. Increased damage.

Character Level 94:
      Power Level 3 - A chosen basic tile is swapped with a random purpletile.png, blacktile.png, redtile.png or yellowtile.png special tile. If there are no valid special tiles, the chosen tile implodes and deals 955 damage.
      Power Level 4 - Also swaps bluetile.png special tiles. 1066 damage.
      Power Level 5 - Any special tile. 1176 damage.

Photon Blast
      Power Cost - 11 redtile.png

Moonstone concentrates photons into destructive blasts of radiation, harnessing ambient energy to intensify the effect.

Character Level 15:
        Power Level 1 - Deals 48 damage plus 24 damage for each redtile.png on the board.
        Power Level 2 - 26 damage for each redtile.png.
        Power Level 3 - Increased damage for each redtile.png.
        Power Level 4 - Increased damage for each redtile.png.
        Power Level 5 - 84 damage and 43 damage for each redtile.png.

Character Level 94:
          Power Level 3 - Deals 333 damage plus 148 damage for each redtile.png on the board.
          Power Level 4 - 382 damage plus 172 damage for each redtile.png.
          Power Level 5 - 431 damage plus 221 damage for each redtile.png.

Control Shift
          Power Cost - 9 blacktile.png

Moonstone persuades her opponent to turn over their assets.

Power Level 1 - Changes 1 eattack.png into an attack.png.
            Power Level 2 - Also able to change enemyprotect.png to protect.png.
            Power Level 3 - Changes 2 tiles.
            Power Level 4 - Also able to change enemystrike.png to strike.png.
            Power Level 5 - Changes 3 tiles.

Last Major Update: 2015-05 / Earlier Discussion

Original post:
            That's awesome !

I just can't wait to face her at lvl 395 in PvE !

I'm sure the community will be overjoyed by these great news !

Thank you so much !

(Using the new Gothic communication tone he is wishing for)
            Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Malcrof
              Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
              Options
              ****, now i want Moonstone to pair with Patch, thanx lol
            • stochasticism
              stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
              Options
              This actually makes her a completely viable 2* and makes her best build clearly 355. Well done.
            • tanis3303
              tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
              Options
              And a chorus of cries from the victims of the already broken scaling could be heard across the world...

But on the bright side, she might actually be useful vs Ninjas in DDQ! icon_lol.gif
            • Nonce Equitaur 2
              Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
              edited May 2015
              Options
              Sounds like an okay change -- but there are many powers like this already in the game. All of the powers below are highly situational. If an opponent team puts out a lot of special tiles, they are useful. Otherwise, they are completely useless. All of these powers need to be reworked so that they can do something else when there aren't special tiles of the right sort on the board.

Daredevil
              Radar Sense - 10 purpletile.png
              Daredevil uses his Radar Sense to avoid his enemy's assault and strike at their weaknesses. Converts up to 3 random enemy Strike, Protect, or Attack tiles to basic tiles and deals 71 damage for each tile converted.

Doctor Octopus
              Manipulation - 11 bluetile.png
              Dr. Octavius reaches out with his mechanical arms to use controls and devices, smashing enemy plans easily. Swaps 16 pairs of random tiles, destroying any swapped enemy Attack tiles, and dealing 110 damage for each tile destroyed.

Falcon
              Inspiration - PASSIVE yellowtile.png
              Falcon spreads his wings, motivating his teammates as he swoops into the fight. When the team makes a yellow match, Falcon improves the strength of 2 friendly Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles by 7.

Loki
              Trickery - 11 blacktile.png
              Loki's trickery turns the enemy's tools against them. Transforms 1 enemy Strike tile into a friendly Protect tile and 1 enemy Protect tile into a friendly Strike tile.

She-Hulk
              Settlement - 9 bluetile.png
              She-Hulk flexes her legal muscle, striking a deal to balance the scales of justice. Randomly selects up to 2 enemy Protect, Strike, or Attack tiles and redistributes them between both teams. Friendly tiles are improved by 27.

Squirrel Girl
              Nuts From Above - 9 purpletile.png
              Squirrel Girl leaps onto her unsuspecting enemies from the trees in an unrelenting assault of tail and claws. Deals 329 damage to the enemy plus 55 damage for each enemy Protect, Attack, or Strike tile on the board (up to 8 tiles).
            • Unknown
              Options
              Hi, all,

Will here from Demiurge to let you know about an upcoming change to Moonstone’s Control Shift power.

To refresh your memory, Control Shift steals an enemy Countdown tile and stuns the enemy if there are none. Upgrades increase the stun and can shorten the Countdown.

Control Shift can lead to some great stories (like that time Miles stole a Recovery Countdown from Wolverine (X-Force)), but it has a lot of drawbacks: It’s situational and complicated for a 2-star. It’s expensive to fire at 17 AP. The nature of the power doesn’t lend itself well to a clean, understandable upgrade path. And it adds development and testing effort to every power that uses a Countdown tile in a new way, creating bugs and taking time away from other features we could be developing.

We fought to make it work for a long time because it can lead to cool moments, but ultimately a simpler, less expensive ability makes more sense for this character.

The cost of Control Shift is decreasing from 17 to 9, and the power now steals enemy special tiles:
              At level 1, 1 Attack tile.
              At level 2, 1 Attack or Protect tile.
              At level 3, 2 Attack or Protect tiles.
              At level 4, 2 Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles.
              At level 5, 3 Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles.

(As always, these numbers might change between now and when the change goes live as a result of further testing.)

Whenever we make significant changes to a character, we increase their sell price. That’ll be true for Moonstone, too: her sell price will increase (to roughly 50% of the Iso-8 that was needed to level her up, or the current sell price when that’s better) for 2-4 weeks when the change happens.

We expect this change to happen in a patch the middle of next week.

icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif
              Who cares about Moonstone? I can't believe time is wasted on a useless 2* when there are so many other more important issues that need to be addressed. How about Demiurge focus on fixing the bug with OBW and Mystique, where critical tiles explode in mid-air? The thread below has been ignored for 7 months & the issue itself is about 1 year old?
              viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17505

How about you focus on showing the enemy AP AT ALL TIMES, for mobile users? It's only been asked of Demiurge since the game first started......
            • fmftint
              fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
              Options
              But Control shift is great, you can steal Xforce recovery, remember? now you cant steal CDs at all
            • Unknown
              Options
              This would make me far more likely to use Moonstone, if I was at all interested in having a 2* character in my roster.

That being said, she will be essential before long, so maybe stock up now.

It's a good change, but really bad timing. See, I've already told all my newbies never to use her, so now they've all sold her off and I look bad.

This is the 2* Daken blue debacle all over again.

Still, she'll be a lot better in Daily Deadpool, so better late than never is what I would say.
            • puppychow
              puppychow Posts: 1,453
              Options
              I'm probably one of the few players out there who: a) still has a fully covered Moonstone, and b) use her on occasion (in pve). While her bk power costs a lot to trigger, I found the stun to be fairly decent. And now THAT's been taken away. .. icon_cry.gif Yes, 2* Marvel's black is better for stun + damage, and generally more useful. But moonie's one of the first characters I got off prologue chaps, and I'm sorta fond of her. The silver lining is that Moonie's red and pur abilities are not getting changed, so I guess I'll keep mine at 553 still.
            • TLCstormz
              TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
              Options
              (i'll also try to be as pleasant as possible, for Goth)

1. If her buyback INCLUDES some HP, that would be greatly appreciated.

2. If you all could STOP releasing new characters so often and work on our existing ones that will help us and NOT harm us (Moonstone and Bullseye do not fall into that category, nor does nerfing 1*s or 2*s, buffing Spidey, Mohawk, GSBW, and Punisher does (but more effectively than Ock and Beast, pls)), that would also be greatly appreciated.

3. Do you all understated how awful this will make continually facing her in PvE? I'm sure you do, but it would be nice to all be on the same page.

And by the way, I am a 2* player and use Moonstone every so often.

:+D
            • Punisher5784
              Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
              Options
              While I somewhat applaud this change as her black was useless. I still don't understand why you couldn't also tweak her Pink similar to QS's black, so I can choose which 2 special tiles I want to swap, it's too random and very unhelpful.

She is now also going to be annoying to play against as I use to purposely bring Daken or Spiderman because they make special tiles easier that stop her Pink from doing high damage when scaled. Now she'll steal my tiles then use pink to damage me.. should of just gave her the Rags treatment and have her create.. charge tiles!

Edit: Btw, I guess her animation still makes sense... she stands there looking all hot, my hero drops his weapon/shield while standing there drooling and she picks it up to use it against me haha
            • Punisher5784
              Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
              Options
              TLCstormz wrote:
              (i'll also try to be as pleasant as possible, for Goth)

2. If you all could STOP releasing new characters so often and work on our existing ones that will help us and NOT harm us (Moonstone and Bullseye do not fall into that category, nor does nerfing 1*s or 2*s, buffing Spidey, Mohawk, GSBW, and Punisher does (but more effectively than Ock and Beast, pls)), that would also be greatly appreciated.

I like Beast much more now, I leveled him to 100 after the ISO reduction. His blue is cheap that goes into green. Works well with Falcon moreso than say Spiderman.

Doc Ock on the otherhand.. well he's still sitting in my stockpile waiting for a roster slot that I do not wish to pay for. Although it's weak I like his black ability but his other two still suck.
            • Nonce Equitaur 2
              Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
              Options
              This is another case where a variable power cost would be good.

Control Shift - 5 blacktile.png
              L1 - Steals a random Attack tile.
              L2 - Steals random Attack or Protect tiles. Also, 2 can be stolen for 7 blacktile.png
              L3 - Steals random Attack or Protect tiles. Also, 3 can be stolen for 9 blacktile.png
              L4 - Steals random Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles. Also, 4 can be stolen for 11 blacktile.png
              L5 - Steals random Trap, Attack, Protect, or Strike tiles. Also, 5 can be stolen for 13 blacktile.png

If Moonstone has the power at level 5, then she can use 5 blacktile.png to 13 blacktile.png to steal 1 to 5 special tiles.
            • TheOncomingStorm
              TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
              edited May 2015
              Options
              No comment. I just wanted to say thank you. You have no idea how much the communication is appreciated.

Y'all don't be strangers. Feel free just to pop in the forum and just say hi sometime.
            • Unknown
              Options
              Finally Moonstone is useful.... because I can sell her for imcoin.png for a couple of weeks.
            • Pinko_McFly
              Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
              Options
              Thanks for the info and the insight as to why the change is being made.
              This is the kind of communication and transparency that we've been asking for.
            • Demiurge_Will
              Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
              Options
              TLCstormz wrote:

The increased sell price is just Iso-8.

The idea behind the increased sell prices is that it's an opportunity to reclaim a portion of the resources you've invested in a character when they change, so that you can invest them elsewhere, but virtually no one has invested Hero Points to upgrade Moonstone's powers.
            • udonomefoo
              udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
              Options
              TLCstormz wrote:

The increased sell price is just Iso-8.

The idea behind the increased sell prices is that it's an opportunity to reclaim a portion of the resources you've invested in a character when they change, so that you can invest them elsewhere, but virtually no one has invested Hero Points to upgrade Moonstone's powers.

Yeah, you really can't complain about that. And to those complaining about having to face her in pve, don't use a special tile generator in that node, problem solved.

Also, hate to white knight so much in one post, but how do you complain about the devs wasting time on this when he said right in the op that it was done because the old power caused so many bugs and additional time investment in testing for all new cd abilities.
            • Deadsider
              Deadsider Posts: 81 Match Maker
              Options
              Actually that's a cool change. Sure it's situational, but it's improved.
            • DFiPL
              DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
              Options
              The cost of control shift is why I haven't bothered rostering her and building her before. I might, now.
            • LordWill
              LordWill Posts: 341
              Options
              Thank the makers they've finally fixed Moonstone.

It's been keeping me up and night!

</sarcasm end>

This probably should have been put in one of the Balancing patches. I cannot believe you did a post for this single character. And you wonder why the community questions how and where you spend your time....