** Moonstone (Dark Avengers) **

Options

Comments

• Demiurge_Will
    Demiurge_Will Posts: 346 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Mischief steals teamup AP, yet doesn't trigger on a match-4 or -5 of teamup tiles. What gives?

We never turn Team-Up tiles into special tiles because they require their icon overlay in order to be quickly readable - otherwise, they're not distinct enough from other tiles in silhouette and color. The speed and ease with which you can distinguish one tile from another is really important to the flow of the game, and the special tile overlays already push that to its limits.

Mischief says in its description that it only triggers on matches of colored tiles, and was balanced around that.
  • Unknown
    Options

We never turn Team-Up tiles into special tiles because they require their icon overlay in order to be quickly readable - otherwise, they're not distinct enough from other tiles in silhouette and color. The speed and ease with which you can distinguish one tile from another is really important to the flow of the game, and the special tile overlays already push that to its limits.
    ~emphasis added~

It has been my observation that the flow of the game has drastically slowed and become cumbersome compared to when I started playing, so what's one more when it comes to TU tiles?.
      - Longer Character Animations - Higher Character Health almost across the board, meaning longer, more drawn out battles that make you exhausted (add that to MMR & scaling {which I am not even going to touch on at this point} and you've got player burnout everywhere. -The nerfing of certian big hitters AoE's
    Just to name a few of the more recent changes.

If the flow of the game is really that important, why not shorten or remove character animations (imagine the $$$ savings there), Fix Scaling in the PVE (we can all agree that it is busted. I mean, is there still a reason to have 395's?), Fix the MMR in PVP so that it is a ever increasing climb and not a straight upward shot. And if you are not going to even entertain the idea of removing animations (which I doubt the devs will), how about at the very least, remove animations for passive, non-damage dealing abilities (such as Daken Heat/Heal, Wolvie Heal, and for the love of the tiniest kitty, icon_quicksilver.pngblueflag.png, again, ust to name a few. )

The flow of the game is not what it used to be. And while it seems like you guys might be listening to us on some very limited things, you are not listening enough. But that's just my opinion.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    Quicksilver overwrites them with blurs.

Quicksilver isn't actually changing the TU tile, though. He is locking it the same way IW does, effectively eliminating it from the board until it is unlocked via a match or destruction. Locked tiles and special tiles are not the same thing.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Honestly, unless they just make Team-Up tiles plain, texture-less circles like normal tiles (which is not necessarily the worst thing in the world. mind you), I think that making them be able to become Attack/Strike/Protect Tiles would probably be pretty ugly and a relatively jarring aesthetic jolt.

The little icon (whether it be for a character's match ownership or for special designation) works for normal tiles because they're plain. It's just a gradient. It feels natural for the icons to set on top of them.

Team-Ups are not. They're textured. This makes them feel like their own entity (which I am sure is the point). Removing the texture and slapping an icon on top of a white circle would be a pretty drastic aesthetic change.

The final thing I would like to emphasize, personally, is that you need to keep in mind this is a mobile game with a minimal tutorial. Almost everything in the game's mechanics are implied through gameplay (ala old school Megaman - but maybe arguably not as well - but then again Megaman is legendary, so yeah...). The most layers of complexity you add the more likely it is that you're going to confuse a new player. That's obviously bad. I think that's what he's talking about when he says they're "pushing the limits".
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Options
    I am probably one of the only people that actively use her, but I was just wondering about her black power today. I thought to myself that the change they made actually sucks and I wish it was back to the countdown selection. I'd rather have had the change be that she can steal more countdown tiles as the power leveled with an extra bonus of reducing the timer on the 5th level. Would that make her OP though? hmmmmm....
  • Unknown
    Options
    Various38 wrote:
    I am probably one of the only people that actively use her, but I was just wondering about her black power today. I thought to myself that the change they made actually sucks and I wish it was back to the countdown selection. I'd rather have had the change be that she can steal more countdown tiles as the power leveled with an extra bonus of reducing the timer on the 5th level. Would that make her OP though? hmmmmm....

The change took place due to coding issues, it wouldn't be changed back to affect countdown tiles.
  • Various38
    Various38 Posts: 101
    Options
    Yeah I figured she wasn't going to be changed back and I remember the post made about it, but I just personally think it would have been better to have the countdown tile control number increase per level. I do think that would have made her a Kingpin killer.
  • pelaospeed
    pelaospeed Posts: 16
    Options
    I don't like the NEW Moonstone black power.
    Because, I used to Stuned the opponent or countdown tile ecountdown.png to get more tiles.

I used Moonstone a lot.

That's is the power of Moonstone... Control Mind.

I hope somebody agree with me.

P.S: Give me a lot of iso8.png

I have more roster than this, just I just need more time to complete
    http://cymmina.gamependium.com/mpq/rost ... 2UmIgRisiA
  • Unknown
    Options
    Trust me you'll like it alot when you're faced with a high level daken, blade or similar characters! Nothing more amusing than seeing an Enemy team place a whole bunch of special tiles, and buff them via Doc Oct or Falcon and then you steal them for your own use! True that loki is probably better for this but he doesn't steal attack tiles..

Moonstone is probably the earliest character a new player can reliably get that has the ability to steal special tiles... Others are Loki, She Hulk, Electra and star lord
  • Unknown
    Options
    Man, she's a pain in the you-know-what in the current Brotherhood Iso Event. Besides have a tremendous amount of HP, she keeps co-opting my boosted Daken/Wolverine strike tile combo. And when she gets enough red, she's one-shotting me (6k+ damage... wait... what?)

With that said, the only reason why I'd have/use her is:
    A) I have an extra roster slot (but when is that ever the case?)
    B) I wanted to use as counter for highly specific situations (opponent that relies on having a lot of powerful special tiles)
    C) I'm okay with sacrificing big damage for victory-by-attrition (she's tanky now... she has more HP than Ares/2* Thor!)

I'd personally go with 3 purpleflag.png 5 redflag.png 5 blackflag.png .

purpleflag.png
    3 - Since purple changes a RANDOM special tile, not having to worry about green/blue special tiles means I have a somewhat better idea of which special tile I'm pulling (plus, the no-special-tile dmg difference is negligible).

redflag.png
    5 - Although there are plenty of other better 2* red users, remember that they aren't invincible. How many times has one of your powerful red users been downed by an annoyingly long cascade? Moonstone's red makes a worthy back-up. If there are 10 reds on the board, it'll do ~2641 and even bigger when boosted. With that said, I wouldn't rely on it as my main dmg dealer.

blackflag.png
    5 - Her star ability in my opinion. For only 9 black, she can negate Luke Cage red advantage, co-opt Blade/Doom/Iron Fist strike tiles, or judo-throw Daken/BP strike tiles. The name of the game for Moonstone is pure attrition

Overall, would I BUY 700 HP to open up a slot for her? Unlikely. But if i HAPPENED to have HP and already have the other core 2* chars (Ares/Thor/OBW/etc), why not?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Hello,

After new patch one of Moonstone's abilities simply doesn't work. Enemy has on board several attack/protect tiles, however using ability (Control Shift) returns information, that there are no required tiles on board (or something similar).

Could You please confirm, that this is really a bug and should be fixed? This ability is precious, in some cases even life-saving...

Thanks!
  • Unknown
    Options
    I verified it for several entry criteria:

- when enemy has only protect tiles on board - it works
    - when enemy has protect and attack tiles on board - it doesn't work
    - when enemy has only attack tiles on board - it doesn't work.

Cheers!
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How many covers do you have for her black?
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Control Shift can steal attack tiles at any level, so there's no way for this not to be a bug of some sort.
  • famousfoxking
    Options
    Control Shift can steal attack tiles at any level, so there's no way for this not to be a bug of some sort.

Undoubtedly, but that wasn't my point. I've had Control Shift work just fine, but I got mine up to 5 due to some lucky pulls just before her skill changed. So, is he experiencing the bug at 5 covers, in which case there may be other variables affecting it (other teammates? enemy teammates? something else?), or at 3 covers and it may be a bug in tile selection at three, or two, or four or however many covers he has.

Though, now that I think about it, I may have only ever stolen strike tiles, since strike generators are the only enemies I can easily test with (from Maggia threatens or Daken in the prologue).
  • Unknown
    Options
    My Iron Fist has never had any trouble giving his attack tile to Moonstone. In the last Iso-8 Brotherhood PvE alone I've fought many versions of her from level 9 to 200+, which should cover most if not all possible cover levels.

Can we see some before and after screenshots of Control Shift not working?
  • famousfoxking
    Options
    I just used a 3 cover Control Shift teamup vs Carnage and Cage, and was able to steal both a protect and attack tile, so it appears to be working for me.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moonstone just used Control Shift on my IF attack.png and then matched it away, and of course I got a new one so no harm done. Thanks for using up Venom's black Moonstone, you sure are a team player. icon_lol.gif
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    can we maybe make another tweak to our lovely gal here. the AI on her purple does the most ridiculous things. like selecting a spot between two purples and then it moves a red. or moves one of the flanking purples one spot over. seriously, like that is the desired outcome i'm looking for. seems like the only time it 'works' is when there is only one option.

make the destination and the tile to be moved selectable. not too much to ask.
  • Unknown
    Options
    jredd wrote:
    can we maybe make another tweak to our lovely gal here. the AI on her purple does the most ridiculous things. like selecting a spot between two purples and then it moves a red. or moves one of the flanking purples one spot over. seriously, like that is the desired outcome i'm looking for. seems like the only time it 'works' is when there is only one option.

make the destination and the tile to be moved selectable. not too much to ask.

This change alone would guarantee her a spot on my roster, personally.