General 'I was robbed of Saheeli' thread

Options
124»

Comments

• Avacyn
    Avacyn Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    I was in gold tier competing in the event.

managed to swing from 3rd-5th place consistently throughout the weekend. had a couple of freezes. reported it kept playing.
    right at the last second I thought i was gonna receive Rai the game refreshed and said I was 6th and gave me a booster pack. If the game had not froze on me I would of had her. gave up my entire weekend and got nothing to show for it.

But a screenshot of how close i came.

http://imgur.com/kJtkPEz
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Avacyn wrote:

managed to swing from 3rd-5th place consistently throughout the weekend. had a couple of freezes. reported it kept playing.
    right at the last second I thought i was gonna receive Rai the game refreshed and said I was 6th and gave me a booster pack. If the game had not froze on me I would of had her. gave up my entire weekend and got nothing to show for it.

Ouch, now you're going to flip and do damage to all of us. =/

Just kidding, that sucks. Signed, the guy whose screen said Rank: 25th, had the prize screen hang, restarted the app, and finished 26th.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Avacyn wrote:

You mean silver tier? Gold tier brackets were top 10 to receive Saheeli.
  • Avacyn
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    Avacyn wrote:

Ouch, now you're going to flip and do damage to all of us. =/

Just kidding, that sucks. Signed, the guy whose screen said Rank: 25th, had the prize screen hang, restarted the app, and finished 26th.

I was pretty upset initially. But it partly my fault for participating in it. knowing how steep the cap is from 5th to 6th place. The game freezing were beyond my control so getting punished for it with losses really put me in a bad mood... But I'm over it now.

I send in a ticket about the freezing and posted on the forums in the bug section. but I have very little hope they would care. Many before me as complain about the bugs that crash the game and drop rate on boosters. yet they done very little to address the bugs and nothing toward drop rates (as far as I can tell). So if anything I blame myself for investing so much time and money in this game.
    Plastic wrote:
    Avacyn wrote:

You mean silver tier? Gold tier brackets were top 10 to receive Saheeli.

My white color mastery exceeded 150 so I assume I am gold tier. The rest of my colors are nearly gold.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Avacyn your screenshot shows you were in silver.
    Gold had it as prize up to 10th place as a confirmation of it.

The fact it did bring you to 6th could mean that while you were looking at the leaderboard someone got higher than you in leaderboard.
    How many time did you kept this leaderboard open in the UI?

Some people try to get the match at last minute(not sure why, I see only reasons not to do it so close to the end). Leaderboard does not refresh with new score unless you exit and re-enter it.
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    Something's definitely wrong there. He has an 8 point lead on the next person. Even if he won a game in the last second that's 6 points.
  • paralistalon
    Options
    Ended the event at 475 pts. in 10th place. I lost probably about 6 or so matches... I can't remember. I was in platinum so very glad I had a large safety net!
    Good for you, I was in another Platinum bracket with 489 points and I finished at 29th.
    Yeah, lucky bracket.
    I'm pretty sure I saw you in my bracket. I had 501 and finished 15.

Hmm, I guess I was lucky, but I find it hard to believe that it's all due to random chance. There must have been some other factor that accounted for the large variation, like maybe the start time of when everyone joined that bracket? I wonder if anyone tried to join a bracket on the last day to see if they could get an easy win?
  • Avacyn
    Options
    Screen shot of my current mastery below. I just joined the node of power and it registered me as gold...so I don't know.
    http://imgur.com/pEnJ1lj

I was watching my screen during the last ten minutes of the event. it normally well bump me if someone had passed me. but when the clocked counted down to 00:00 my screen auto refreshed and I was greeted with a 6th position and a booster pack.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Avacyn wrote:
    Screen shot of my current mastery below. I just joined the node of power and it registered me as gold...so I don't know.

I was watching my screen during the last ten minutes of the event. it normally well bump me if someone had passed me. but when the clocked counted down to 00:00 my screen auto refreshed and I was greeted with a 6th position and a booster pack.

Did you join the event while your white was silver and then level it to gold during the event?
  • Avacyn
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Plastic wrote:
    Avacyn wrote:

Did you join the event while your white was silver and then level it to gold during the event?

That could of happen. I only recently reached gold. as far as when? i didn't write it down...I spoke under the assumption I was already gold. because when i actually checked I was.

*edit for spelling
  • Avacyn
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    Avacyn your screenshot shows you were in silver.
    Gold had it as prize up to 10th place as a confirmation of it.

The fact it did bring you to 6th could mean that while you were looking at the leaderboard someone got higher than you in leaderboard.
    How many time did you kept this leaderboard open in the UI?

Some people try to get the match at last minute(not sure why, I see only reasons not to do it so close to the end). Leaderboard does not refresh with new score unless you exit and re-enter it.

I see. I can't remember if I had refreshed the screen or not. I only knew I stared at it; since i was so close. I took the screen shot as a souvenir (as a reminder that I have won her). but it turned out I didn't win s%@.

I'm just salty about game freezing = auto loss. If the few matches I was in did not freeze I feel I would of won her in "silver tier".