General 'I was robbed of Saheeli' thread

Options

Comments

• Barrelrolla
    Options
    Well, Saleehi's deck is bad. It has some great cards, but they all have absurdly high mana cost and she has no mana ramp. If there are no red/blue matches on the board you're screwed.
    Also, RC is ****. Yes, there are answers for it in every color, but they are very specific most of the time. They should've changed it before the event.
  • Rootbreaker
    Options
    Well, Saleehi's deck is bad. It has some great cards, but they all have absurdly high mana cost and she has no mana ramp. If there are no red/blue matches on the board you're screwed.
    Also, RC is ****. Yes, there are answers for it in every color, but they are very specific most of the time. They should've changed it before the event.
    I wouldn't say "none"

She has a shivan reef~~~
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    I wouldn't say "none"

She has a shivan reef~~~
    Yes, of course, thank god to that card, helped me play my whole hand once. (not really)
  • paralistalon
    Options
    I think Saheeli's deck is pretty strong overall. It has a few cards like chief of the foundry that aren't particularly good, and I find that Mirrorpool isn't very good in a deck that constantly puts 1/1 creatures into play, but her abilities are nice, and that creature control spell wins games on its own. Not much you can do about RC other than race their deck. I can see Gideon1 being unwinnable, but the AI has been just as likely to cast Mantle of Webs on MY creatures, lol.
  • Plastic
    Plastic Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This is such ****.

https://imgur.com/OBv2t8y

Releasing an event with this clearly overpowering combo unfixed was a terrible decision.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    i understand where everyone here is coming from wrt to rc.

my own opinion is rc is a great uncommon cheap card for those who just started out in the game with few rare or mythic cards. it helps newbies to be competitive against the whales.

as for myself, i prefer a low mana good deck over a high mana great deck.

with a low mana good deck, i can stay competitive in most board conditions against the ai. icon_e_smile.gif
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    blacklotus wrote:
    i understand where everyone here is coming from wrt to rc.

my own opinion is rc is a great uncommon cheap card for those who just started out in the game with few rare or mythic cards. it helps newbies to be competitive against the whales.

Tbh I agree with this sentiment completely. I see RC as a very worthy experiment, and the type of risk I like to see taken in games like this to shake up the metagame, but nonetheless an experiment which hasn't worked out all that well, and has clearly caused some ill feeling in the player base.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Second freeze here cause of UI freeZe
    Nice, there goes my chance to get her.

Will file a ticket for sure cause this is getting out of control....
  • shteev
    Options
    I haven't seen this one in this thread yet:

- The objective counters stop working after your first game.
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    shteev wrote:

Yes!
    Should we file a ticket?
  • TheElement
    TheElement Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sad it's not top 25 or something. I have 2 losses to seasons past/Ulvenwald hydra loop and afraid there is no way to top 10 the event now. Hard to get the goods when you need a 100% win rate. Very disappointing. icon_e_sad.gif
  • shteev
    Options
    shteev wrote:

Yes!
    Should we file a ticket?

Filing a ticket is too much like hard work. They don't pay me to make their damn game work. In fact, I pay them to make their damn game work.
  • shteev
    Options
    14232448_10208690440051387_8923408050593851789_n.jpg?oh=acb10edb08f65c78c3420cc4be644baf&oe=5854427C

20 minutes later

14232448_10208690440051387_8923408050593851789_n.jpg?oh=acb10edb08f65c78c3420cc4be644baf&oe=5854427C

Thanks for **** on my perfect win record. It's not like we're playing for prizes, or anything.
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cry me a river shteev, we're all playing againt the same decks, against RC agaibst lockups.
    The playing field is level: if you dont win, dont blame the game.... Blame yourself.

Yes the bugs are anoying and i hope they fix them but think on this, the number one on monday will have had the same problems
  • shteev
    Options
    Cry me a river shteev, we're all playing againt the same decks, against RC agaibst lockups.
    The playing field is level: if you dont win, dont blame the game.... Blame yourself.

Yes the bugs are anoying and i hope they fix them but think on this, the number one on monday will have had the same problems

Jesus, you people have got to leap on anything, don't you? It's genuinely more important to you that I get my ironic comeuppance than this game gets fixed. Dyou think I'd be all over this forum being a wanker if the game wasn't full of bugs?

The lockup sorted itself after about 20 minutes. I will still be number one on Monday, and you still won't be. Are you having fun playing against my [REALLY ANNOYED BROKEN DECK NAME REDACTED] deck?
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    TheElement wrote:
    Sad it's not top 25 or something. I have 2 losses to seasons past/Ulvenwald hydra loop and afraid there is no way to top 10 the event now. Hard to get the goods when you need a 100% win rate. Very disappointing. icon_e_sad.gif

I got crushed by that deck. Lol. Murtagon's Kiora deck just annihilated me. Had a good start, then suddenly it was game over in one round.

It think so many people moved up to platinum to have the top 25 chance of getting a new exclusive PW, I'm guessing it would have been much easier to get it in Gold.
  • andrewvanmarle
    Options
    Point is that you dont get stuff fixed by being a wanker, you get people annoyed by being a wanker.

Yes there are bugs, we know it and the devs know. They are working on it.

Yes RC is too strong, JC allready let us know that a tuned version is on its way so stop trolling about it.

And your perfect score? Yay for you. First place? I wish you a lot of fun with it.

And stop bragging about your so called broken deck, it makes you look like a nine year old.

Do you want to be taken seriously? Stop whining and take a positive and productive attitude.
  • shteev
    Options
    And stop bragging about your so called broken deck, it makes you look like a nine year old.

Again, you just don't get it. What I'm trying to do is complain about the balance issues in this game. I'm not the greatest player in this game by any means. But I've lucked into a broken selection of cards, so I'm going to win even more broken cards now by playing with them, and people like you aren't. I don't think that's fair.

Honestly, it's really not funny if you have to explain it, is it?
  • andrewvanmarle
    Options
    Dear boy, i really dont need the likes of you to complain and gripe in my name. I can fend for myself thank you. That you think you are doing others a service - is- actually hilarious.

Dont pretend to know what others do, have or play and dont presume to advocate balance for poor and disenfranchised of this game, it doesn't suit you.

There the truth isnt funny eh....
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dear boy, i really dont need the likes of you to complain and gripe in my name. I can fend for myself thank you. That you think you are doing others a service - is- actually hilarious.

Dont pretend to know what others do, have or play and dont presume to advocate balance for poor and disenfranchised of this game, it doesn't suit you.

There the truth isnt funny eh....

How do things get fixed if people do not bring them up?

There are numerous people who don't follow the forums, whether from choice or ignorance. It falls upon the minority of us who are active on the forums to bring things to the attention of the developers.

Any of us, when posting about bugs or gameplay issues, are "complaining and griping" on behalf of the vast majority that aren't here to do that, and the developers have shown that they are willing to listen. That's very positive.