General 'I was robbed of Saheeli' thread

Options

Comments

• andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    True, but it becomes trolling after a dev has let us know that a fix is in the workings.

The same goes for a certain tone: a self entitled post about devs **** on perfect runs does nothing to improve the game.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    True, but it becomes trolling after a dev has let us know that a fix is in the workings.

The same goes for a certain tone: a self entitled post about devs **** on perfect runs does nothing to improve the game.

It's a humbrag.

It's all about people recognising his skills and thus his authority in the game.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:

It's a humbrag.

It's all about people recognising his skills and thus his authority in the game.
    As of now Shteev is still holding onto his perfect win record though. So he's still untouched by all the stuff he's been whining about for this event. Saheeli vs Runaway Carriage, freezes, blah blah, etc.
  • Morphis
    Morphis Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If something isn't directly affecting you does not mean you have no right to complain.
    Even if by the end of the event you are still unaffected If this gets repeated you could get issues in future.

I find all of this happening a bad sign. Either developers do not care or they are rushing(my best bet) to get on par with paper magic since most of this was well known(or could have been easily predicted) meaning this was not the right moment to put such a good reward as prize.

Last event I did indeed lose some match as a result of freezes.
    Was it important toward the final result? Probably, since I got 12th place...
    Maybe without it I could have been 5th? Who knows...
    I did not care though(still reported the freezes) cause it was not that important.

Now it's totally different and this could have been avoided.
  • Pqmtg-
    Pqmtg- Posts: 282
    Options
    Pqmtg- wrote:

It's a humbrag.

As of now Shteev is still holding onto his perfect win record though. So he's still untouched by all the stuff he's been whining about for this event. Saheeli vs Runaway Carriage, freezes, blah blah, etc.

Up until my game froze just now, I've always had a game up on him(unplayed game). So unless he's been storing a single game he plays a round, he isn't lying when he says he's affected.

Edit : I stand corrected. He now has max score, so he did have a game held in reserve, and never lost to the numerous things he's been whining about losing to.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm looking forward to when I lose, and then everything I've ever said about bugs and game balance will be invalid.
  • murtagon
    murtagon Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Options
    Discussing and explaining poor game design issues is not whining. And while he may not encountered the issues in his rounds it is still valid to point out the defects. Personally I do not understand why people are defending the defects. I also disagree in the usage of "fair". I will agree that the odds are equal, but it is not fair to force players to play a deck that has a strong chance of having no win chance.

Regarding the defects they actually are not impacting people equally. I have never had a freeze luckily since the boards have mentioned that you should not touch your screen or look at anything during spell casts as it leads to a freeze. But there is no in game warning letting people know this so people not on the forum are not equally informed.

The Rei deck build is pretty frustrating to play since it was poorly designed as has been mentioned many times. It is pure luck of the draw but I have just force quit the game when I come up against certain card combos that Rei cannot do anything against, sadly those combos are strong combos and many decks have them, so far I've lost 4 times with Rei. While RNG is always a factor in card games it is really bad design that makes impossible situations. Personally I believe events like this should be won based on skill of players versus RNG. We already have enough RNG with the card distribution.

I really do not think it is healthy for people to attack someone that is trying to point out the issues that were known before the event. They have made the event a struggle. This is a game it should be fun. I hate that I cannot enjoy the Rei deck more but I do like the PW!
  • TheElement
    TheElement Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Sooo... 4 freezes later I am now out of top 10 contention. I definitely could not be more disappointed. I will file a ticket and we shall see what happens.
  • Morphis
    Options
    TheElement wrote:
    Sooo... 4 freezes later I am now out of top 10 contention. I definitely could not be more disappointed. I will file a ticket and we shall see what happens.

I filed a thicket some time ago and against most people opinions they acknowledged I had the rights for my request and solved the problem.

If you have screen or anything it could help(I had for my problem some) mention it.
    wish you luck with it.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    I filed a thicket some time ago...

Was it a Fertile Thicket? icon_lol.gif
  • Morphis
    Options
    shteev wrote:
    Morphis wrote:
    I filed a thicket some time ago...

Was it a Fertile Thicket? icon_lol.gif
    Lol since it produced something you can say it was icon_lol.gif
  • andrewvanmarle
    andrewvanmarle Posts: 971 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Morphis wrote:
    TheElement wrote:

I filed a thicket some time ago and against most people opinions they acknowledged I had the rights for my request and solved the problem.

If you have screen or anything it could help(I had for my problem some) mention it.
    wish you luck with it.

I hope they fix it for you! And btw this was not about the right to complain, but the tone of the complaint.
  • Netatron
    Options
    Oh man I just ran into a Kiora with Season's Past, Nissa's Renewal, Gaia's Revenge, and more. I'm surprised they managed to realize why Animist's Awakening was problematic and deciding that was fine if it was even stronger but with a higher rarity.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Buret0 wrote:
    TheElement wrote:
    Sad it's not top 25 or something. I have 2 losses to seasons past/Ulvenwald hydra loop and afraid there is no way to top 10 the event now. Hard to get the goods when you need a 100% win rate. Very disappointing. icon_e_sad.gif

I got crushed by that deck. Lol. Murtagon's Kiora deck just annihilated me. Had a good start, then suddenly it was game over in one round.

It think so many people moved up to platinum to have the top 25 chance of getting a new exclusive PW, I'm guessing it would have been much easier to get it in Gold.

won 2 and lost 1 game to that deck.
    it's a very well created deck. something for me to experiment with once I have those cards. icon_e_smile.gif
  • trashbear
    trashbear Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    This event has been extremely frustrating. My losses were due to crashes or infinite Seasons Past or Harness the Storm loops. No Saheeli for me.

Next time I'll probably just stop after getting the progression rewards and save myself from the heartbreak.
  • Mcjordan
    Mcjordan Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    trashbear wrote:
    This event has been extremely frustrating. My losses were due to crashes or infinite Seasons Past or Harness the Storm loops. No Saheeli for me.

You and I both. It was even more frustrating that most of the losses were with the deck we couldn't edit...

I suppose we were the unlucky ones everyone is talking about in this thread. It seemed like every Saheeli match was against Koth or Kiora for me.
  • paralistalon
    Options
    Ended the event at 475 pts. in 10th place. I lost probably about 6 or so matches... I can't remember. I was in platinum so very glad I had a large safety net!
  • Mockingbird
    Options
    Since I can't seem to find "Create new thread" (is it because this is my first post?), I'm going to have to post this here and then move it when the appropriate thread is created because I was not robbed of Shaheeli Rai. In fact, I blew out the Bronze Bracket with 462 points (second place was 440ish). It's why I joined this forum just now. icon_cool.gif

Here's what I used:

Gideon, Battle-Forged (LV 54)'s Support:
    Creatures: 3
    Totem-Guide Hartebeest
    Auramancer
    Reflector Mage

Spells: 2
    Smite the Monstrous
    Alchemist's Vial

Supports: 5
    Vessel of Ephemara
    Murder Investigation
    Battlefield Forge
    Suppression Bonds
    Knightly Valor

Chandra, Roaring Flame (LV60)'s Creature Blitz
    Creatures: 5
    Chasm Guide
    Reckless Bushwacker
    Cobblebrute
    Guardian Automaton
    Jori En, Ruin Diver

Spells:
    Devour in Flames
    Fiery Impulse
    Foundry of the Consuls

Supports: 2
    Cinder Glade
    Vessel of Voltility

Kiora, Master of the Depths (LV 60)'s Spellslinger
    Creatures: 1
    Kozilek, The Great Distortion

Spells: 7
    Reclaim
    Disperse
    Adverse Conditions
    Pieces of the Puzzle
    Reclaiming Vines
    Mantle of Webs
    Scour from Existence

Supports: 2
    Shrine of the Foresaken Gods
    From Beyond

I made a few tweaks to these decks through the events (the most glaring was in Chandra I didn't put together that Counsul of the Foundry counted towards four creatures until the last day x_x), and overall, I pulled it off by being lucky and avoiding too many Runaway Carriages and never running into the Seasons Past's loop.

To everyone that did not win because of glaring bugs, glitches, etc. I am sorry you were robbed of this event. If it makes you feel any better, Shaheeli Rai starts at level one and her stats and deck are significantly less powerful than she was in her node:
    Shaheeli Rai
    LV1 (W: -1, U: +1, B: -1, R: +1, G: +0)
    Creatures: (4/5)
    Bonded Construct
    Ghirapur Gearcrafter
    Aspiring Aeronaut
    Guardian Automaton

Spells: (3/5)
    Artifacer's Epiphany
    Alchemist's Vial
    Fiery Impulse

Supports: (3/5)
    Shivan Reef
    Ghiraphur AEther Grid
    Skyline Cascade

I'm sure she'll be back around in the not too distant future.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ended the event at 475 pts. in 10th place. I lost probably about 6 or so matches... I can't remember. I was in platinum so very glad I had a large safety net!
    Good for you, I was in another Platinum bracket with 489 points and I finished at 29th.
  • Barrelrolla
    Options
    Good for you, I was in another Platinum bracket with 489 points and I finished at 29th.
    Yeah, lucky bracket.
    I'm pretty sure I saw you in my bracket. I had 501 and finished 15.