Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    I decided to try a fun team that I didn't really think stood a chance. It was star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_spiderman.png (185, 3/5/5), icon_carnage.png (100, 4/1/3), and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_venom.png (70, 0/1/1). Turns out I was right.

Second attempt at a fun team was far more successful. The theme was X-Men leaders: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png (181, 3/5/5), star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_cyclops.png (178, 3/5/5), and star.pngstar.pngicon_storm.png (136, mistakenly at 3/5/5 instead of 5/5/3).
  • JeffCascadian
    I should probably start making a list of my Big Enchilada teams because I'm losing track of what teams I've already played.

Yesterday, I gained a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_jeangrey.pngblueflag.png , a color I didn't already have for her so I went with an original X-Men team: icon_jeangrey.png (L90, 3/1/1), icon_beast.png (L167, 5/5/3), and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_cyclops.png (L178, 5/3/5). Scott and Hank did most of the heavy lifting and Hank did ALL of round four. I had a bunch of green saved up and just smashed the lab until all my opponents fell down.
  • kobu
    kobu Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I'm still very much a newbie so I don't have many options in the way of fun combos, but I have just managed to find a fairly fun way for me to finally manage The Big Enchilada.

icon_jeangrey.pngwasp_icon.pngicon_professorx.png

Jean tanks the first couple rounds, Xavier goes invisible ASAP, and I collect black and yellow for Janet to generate tiles. When this combo takes off, it really takes off. With just a bit of luck I'm boosted enough so that rounds 3 and 4 can't even touch me. It gets dicey if a lot of board shaking stuff goes on, but I can manage sometimes even if all the protect tiles get blown up.
  • JeffCascadian
    My first fun team for The Big Enchilada yesterday failed but only just. I decided to try my three highest-level non-Champion star.pngstar.pngstar.png characters: icon_blackwidow.png (L166, 5/3/5), icon_squirrelgirl.png (L131, 4/5/4), and icon_shehulk.png (L127, 5/3/5). I made it clear to the fourth round and lost by about 600 health.

My second team to tackle it was the all-bald brigade: icon_silversurfer.png (L270, 2/0/1), icon_lukecage.png (L176, 3/5/5), and icon_professorx.png (L90, 3/1/1). It was a piece of pie; easy as cake. icon_razz.gif

I haven't done it yet today but am going with the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.: icon_hulk.png (L185, 5/3/5), icon_shehulk.png (still L127, 5/3/5), and icon_redhulk.png (L70, 2/0/1). I will, of course, let you know how it goes.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Last time they were boosted together I noticed Punisher Max and X-force Deadpool have pretty nice synergy together. Specifically, you can fire Countdown for What just Before you use Punisher's green - having Deadpool stunned isn't that big a deal when his CfW countdowns stay on board longer, and they still deal damage when matched. Punisher's strike tiles help boost their damage, too.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    My latest fun team is scarlet witch, gwen and miles with 5 yellow bringing along green cho teamups. Once you take down one character, its basically winfinite and whenever i do get around to collecting 12 TU to use cho i am generally sitting on 30 blues from matching web tiles and switch countdown tile making match 3s
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    For the Big Enchillada and other multi-stage and/or goon battles my fun team is:
    4* Ant-Man (172)
    3* Doc Ock (173)
    3* Falcon (170)

Tons of special tiles everywhere with Falcon boosting mine and clearing theirs. It's a slow build to some really hard hits by the time you get to the later phase/last enemy.
  • Belarin
    Belarin Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Still in transition from 2* to 3* land. Been using my champed IM40, Daredevil and GSBW a lot for big e and pvp as well. IM40 for yellow to charge with DD blue for stun and GSBW purple and green to wipe board and do serious AoE damage. Mopping up with IM40 red.
  • JeffCascadian
    I haven't done it yet today but am going with the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.: icon_hulk.png (L185, 5/3/5), icon_shehulk.png (still L127, 5/3/5), and icon_redhulk.png (L70, 2/0/1). I will, of course, let you know how it goes.

It worked OK. Hulk took a lot of damage since he was upfront and tanking most of the time but everybody made it through all four rounds.

I went with an original X-Men team yesterday: icon_beast.png (L167, 5/5/3), icon_iceman.png (L94, 3/2/2), and icon_jeangrey.png (L90, 3/1/1). It was over so quickly that I didn't realize I was in round four until the "victory" banner came onto the screen. I'd been saving AP for that round and ended up not using it. I drew another Jean Grey cover this morning so she's 3/1/2 now.

Today was icon_kamalakhan.png (L174, 5/5/3), icon_ironman.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png (L173, 5/3/5), and icon_blackwidow.png (L167, 5/3/5). Holy smokes. I didn't even need Kamala's healing. The AI's characters barely touched me.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    For some reason I've been having really good luck with icon_kamalakhan.png and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_spiderman.png & icon_storm.png.

I don't know why that would be working, other than the fact that Spider-man is good at slowing things down, and he and Storm can fire off cheap powers to get healing.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    3Thor, Doom and 5Hulk was interesting. Doom and Thor covered the rainbow and Bruce just occasionally hulked out and smashed.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Currently running Storm, Deadpool and IM40 in Category-5 (all champed), and oh my, it's fun! Recharge! Countdown! Lightning! Out of Bullets! Death! Destruction! Maniacal Laughter!
  • JeffCascadian
    fanghoul wrote:
    For some reason I've been having really good luck with icon_kamalakhan.png and star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_spiderman.png & icon_storm.png.

I don't know why that would be working, other than the fact that Spider-man is good at slowing things down, and he and Storm can fire off cheap powers to get healing.

I'm sure that Spidey's inexpensive stun setting off Kamala's healing helps, too. icon_e_smile.gif
  • MrCroaker64
    MrCroaker64 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Not a TBE team that I use, but for the last two seasons, in the simulator, I have been using:

icon_redhulk.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_hulk.png

It has been very effective and I have reached the 2K mark in both seasons (a little unusal for me). Also, a big plus, I am not getting too many hits/retals.

I have started calling this combo The Witches Brewts icon_lol.gif

Croaker.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    :redhulk: icon_scarletwitch.pngicon_hulk.png

It has been very effective and I have reached the 2K mark in both seasons (a little unusal for me). Also, a big plus, I am not getting too many hits/retals.

Rhulk is a good scarecrow in PvP, his green is nasty. Switch feeding his purple means he gets it off that much quicker to. Plus his purple drains all green, and that's super annoying. Finally, there's no tile target abilities so the cpu plays them well. I would skip it.
  • JeffCascadian
    I did "winfinite" yesterday. Even though my build on them isn't ideal, it still lived up to its name.
  • JeffCascadian
    Whoa, boy. I was, well, a little intoxicated when I went into The Big Enchilada yesterday and forgot to change my team from Dat Required Character. That means I ended up with icon_storm.png , icon_deadpool.png , and icon_ironman.png (all star.pngstar.pngstar.png versions). Lucky for me, TBE was a cakewalk.

Today I went with a tried-but-true MPQ fan favorite: icon_lukecage.png , icon_ironfist.png , and icon_scarletwitch.png . Creative? No. Effective? Heck, yeah.
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    With a majority of the 5's having decent covers I'm typically using 1 or 2 of them with a battery but had a blast in the latest PVE with OML, Peggy and IM40. Honestly I didn't even need OML but the strike tiles never hurt. Same philosophy as IM40 with Iceman. Don't mess with Peggy.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    kobu wrote:
    I'm still very much a newbie so I don't have many options in the way of fun combos, but I have just managed to find a fairly fun way for me to finally manage The Big Enchilada.

icon_jeangrey.pngwasp_icon.pngicon_professorx.png

Jean tanks the first couple rounds, Xavier goes invisible ASAP, and I collect black and yellow for Janet to generate tiles. When this combo takes off, it really takes off. With just a bit of luck I'm boosted enough so that rounds 3 and 4 can't even touch me. It gets dicey if a lot of board shaking stuff goes on, but I can manage sometimes even if all the protect tiles get blown up.

Congrats, but can I ask, how are you a newbie but hadn't managed to find a team for TBE before the above? That seems implausible.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 660 Critical Contributor
    I used Carnage, Devil Dino, and Kamala in the PvP today. Might be weak against Doc Ock, but pretty fun to use.