Oscorp Heroic Mode

1505152535456»

Comments

• Really frustrated with the timing of things... be it the level reset or rubberbanding or end of tournaments.

I'm on the west coast so 12 am EST is 9pm for us, which means the 2-3 hours prior is all spent with getting the kids fed and to bed. Or 12 PM which is 9am, and the same problem, the few hours before are spent getting the kids ready for school.

There's just no way to be able to compete in anything due to the way many of the mechanics are linked to the end time. There's no reward for playing early or consistently since you'll just become a bigger target in the last few hours of a tourney, or rubberbanding, or in the case here having the level reset happening at a set time near the end only.

I suppose not enough of a playerbase are in my boat to be a loud enough voice in this...
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    1st in my bracket had a score of 12688, 2nd was 12116 and me 3rd at 11900. I did a screenshot in case of any suspicious last hour climb in the rankings. icon_razz.gif
  • kensterr wrote:
    1st in my bracket had a score of 12688, 2nd was 12116 and me 3rd at 11900. I did a screenshot in case of any suspicious last hour climb in the rankings. icon_razz.gif

i placed 1st in our bracket, got the bonus' and then added a few more points in case someone magically leveled up. 1st time i've won one of these. in the past i've come close and then in the last 10 minutes someone always got 1-4K more points somehow.
  • grimbergen wrote:
    Really frustrated with the timing of things... be it the level reset or rubberbanding or end of tournaments.

I'm on the west coast so 12 am EST is 9pm for us, which means the 2-3 hours prior is all spent with getting the kids fed and to bed. Or 12 PM which is 9am, and the same problem, the few hours before are spent getting the kids ready for school.

There's just no way to be able to compete in anything due to the way many of the mechanics are linked to the end time. There's no reward for playing early or consistently since you'll just become a bigger target in the last few hours of a tourney, or rubberbanding, or in the case here having the level reset happening at a set time near the end only.

I suppose not enough of a playerbase are in my boat to be a loud enough voice in this...
    There was no rubber band on this event, as far as I understood. Timing shouldn't have affected your score, only whether you did the refresh.

They have experimented recently (TaT) with non-24-hour sub rotation. Depends how that went down, but hopefully they'll do more of it. Any end time is inconvenient for someone, but at least if they keep it moving about everyone gets good days and bad days. Realistically, though, it's probably more in their interest to favor wherever they have most users. MPQ's big in Brazil, right?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    My bracket had #1 somewhere in the 10k-12k range; wasn't names I recognized. I believe I ended up at #7 with slightly over 5000. Initially, those Daken stages were at level 200+ for me and I had a sluggish start during the first day or two until I started doing more with the All-HAMMER stages. My roster was fairly leveled for this tournament (Grey Widow in 90s but with only 3-4 full Green covers, full Wolverine, Spider-Man in high 60s with 4 blue covers, Daredevil at 20) but I just didn't think it was worth the grinding time to get the Purple Daredevil cover when I can probably pick some up in tournament rewards in a month.