Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• The Ladder wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    I wonder why those who scored close to, or above 40K didn't post any reply in this thread.
    Too busy playing the game.

Maybe true during the event, but interesting that nobody on here is posting the surely mythical scores that IceIX assured us people were on, after the event. Anyone here get past 30000 for the other DD cover?

It seems weird that nobody on the forum at least shared the bracket with some of these mythical players. Not a single report of a score above 20k.

I'm curious to see at least a screenshot.
  • 1st in my bracket was 10k and he was there for a while. Few had fun grinding this event and I can't imagine getting even to 30k since 10k was way more effort than I was willing to put in.
  • I was first with 10084.
  • First with 16742. Didn't play at all Saturday.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    At a guess, less than 1% of players post to the forum.

Anecdotally, it sounds safe to say that way less than 1% of players reached the 50k and above rewards.

So if we ignore the fact that forum players may be more likely to score above average, you'd expect way less than 1 in 10,000 players to both hit the top progression rewards and be active on the forum.
  • I'm guessing the number to hit the 50k rewards was in the single digits, unless the devs tell us different.
  • 1st less than 5.5k pts
  • DayvBang wrote:
    At a guess, less than 1% of players post to the forum.

Anecdotally, it sounds safe to say that way less than 1% of players reached the 50k and above rewards.

So if we ignore the fact that forum players may be more likely to score above average, you'd expect way less than 1 in 10,000 players to both hit the top progression rewards and be active on the forum.

Yes, that's why I used 30000 as a figure rather than 50000 - I would imagine that would open up the amount of players hitting that milestone. Maybe not massively, but opening it up some. As Kappei wrote, it's weird to not even have reports of people in brackets with big scorers in, even if they didn't manage it themselves.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    tops in mine was around 12,5000. I had the 5th most at 7500. 10th was at like 6K. Not sure how anyone got to the 50K
  • I don't think anyone hit more then 20k in this event. My bracket top was 11000.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should do a cheat test for anyone above 20k...
  • Remember that the brackets we're in contain plenty of people who aren't on the forums, so we don't need a perfect 1% of 1% to see where those whales are. I mean, if we want to do some very shoddy math: each bracket contained more than 100 people, so even if only 1% of the players are forum-goers we would see all of the brackets (with perfect distribution). Obviously we won't be perfectly distributed IRL, but we should still see a lot of the players. To not see any of the 30000+ players is telling.
  • mytisbrewin
    mytisbrewin Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    Top 2 in my bracket were 15K and 12K. They were the only 2 who even reached the 10K award.
  • And, as long as we're putting the numbers out there: I was first in my bracket with about 15k; I think 2nd and 3rd were both in the 10-11 range. Don't think 4th place broke 10, but I might have missed a last minute push.
  • Each bracket has 200 people in it. Even accounting for overlaps, it should be quite possible to cover most of the population if we indeed have 1% of the total population reporting. Also note that very high scores ought to be in very early brackets, since even if you're cheating you should be aware that this event is still going to take a lot of time. There's no need to cover a bracket that starts a day after the event has started, because no one in his right mind would try to make a push for 50K even with hacks while starting a day late.
  • First place finish here with around 8500
  • First place finish here with around 8500
  • My top was 15,000 and I started on the afternoon of the first day it opened up.
  • Finished second, at 9k; first was at 12.5k.

Saw the news on the forum about the level reset... jumped for joy. Had a conference call to attend at 9PM EST, but checked beforehand at mob levels, was pleasantly pleased. Logged on at 10PM EST to start pushing for 10k, but already saw that mob levels were increasing due to other people playing. By 11PM, most of the level 30s and 40s had already turned into 100+ again from other people grind them. Sighed, and logged off for the night. At least I got 2000 ISO and 100 HP out of the event.
  • caprion1
    caprion1 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Finished in 1st in my bracket and was the only one to reach the 10K reward with 10.5K. 2nd was somewhere in the low 9000s.