Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• To be safe I got up to 15K. Second place was 12.9K and didn't attempt a last minute run.

It'd still have been way too grindy even if the event was originally like that to reach the 50K goals.

I was able to upgrade Daredevil to level 2 red and also able to see his level 3 red stats, and it's pretty insane for his level. I think the event would've played out rather differently if you had a developed Daredevil instead. Wouldn't help you on the all minion fights, but I think a maxed Daredevil can blow up Bullseye and Yelena at level 230 from one Ambush.
  • Finished top 25 with a little over 4k points. The last few hours enemies were actually all beatable. All the wasted potential icon_e_sad.gif
    Curious for the re-run, if there really will be one.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Finished 1st 10016 pts
  • The real people who finished first were the ones who didn't play at all.

I still took top 25 even though I quit playing Saturday morning. So, I have a DD cover I don't really want because I have 10 other characters I need to level up instead. Think ill just sell it for the 25 HP.
  • Polkio wrote:
    When I think that it can't get any worse - it get worse. Every player which get some secure advantage by grinding really hard mission now gets screwed bcos devs lowered level of goons 8h before event ends?

jeez... I ... don't know what to say

Lets play footbal match. We win 10:0 and in the last minute lets change rules. Next goal will win the match.

YOU CAN'T CHANGE GAME RULES IN THE MIDDLE (OR END) OF EVENT, THAT IS NOT FAIR
    This is on the astonishing side. They'd even said they have changes ready to go but won't deploy them mid-event because they'd be unfair to people who've been getting through it as-is, one way or another. But, no, unannounced update a short enough time before the end that plenty won't even see it GO! I don't think anyone who just laughed at the mess and walked away from it has much to complain about, but if you'd struggled to what you considered a safe peak for whatever you were after and woke up to this, it'd be jump on a plane to go strangle some fellas time.

I'm back to my earlier suspicion this isn't a commercial product, but someone's Stanfordesque thesis experiment to see how many people you can drive to insanity while still making fat wads. Someone should show it to Ian Bogost, he'd love it.
  • Veracity wrote:
    Polkio wrote:
    When I think that it can't get any worse - it get worse. Every player which get some secure advantage by grinding really hard mission now gets screwed bcos devs lowered level of goons 8h before event ends?

jeez... I ... don't know what to say

Lets play footbal match. We win 10:0 and in the last minute lets change rules. Next goal will win the match.

YOU CAN'T CHANGE GAME RULES IN THE MIDDLE (OR END) OF EVENT, THAT IS NOT FAIR
    This is on the astonishing side. They'd even said they have changes ready to go but won't deploy them mid-event because they'd be unfair to people who've been getting through it as-is, one way or another. But, no, unannounced update a short enough time before the end that plenty won't even see it GO! I don't think anyone who just laughed at the mess and walked away from it has much to complain about, but if you'd struggled to what you considered a safe peak for whatever you were after and woke up to this, it'd be jump on a plane to go strangle some fellas time.

I'm back to my earlier suspicion this isn't a commercial product, but someone's Stanfordesque thesis experiment to see how many people you can drive to insanity while still making fat wads. Someone should show it to Ian Bogost, he'd love it.

I was wondering if Marvel-Disney engineered it to see just how much **** fans will go through for the sake of their favourite characters. If we'll let ourselves get d***ed around like this and still pay the ludicrous pricing in this game just because Iron Man is in it, they can probably knock a couple hundred mil off the budget for Avengers 2.
  • Huh, H.A.M.M.E.R. tanked in the closing eight hours? Lol icon_rolleyes.gif

I woke up this morning to a 1st place banner, had grinded to exactly 10000 (pretty OCD, did three missions to hit that exactly, rather than just one to go past it...), led by over 5000 points with 12 hours to go, so figured that was enough. I didn't find it as stressful as the Thick as Thieves in the end, the 3* cover at 10000 points was a reasonable target for me to set myself. Having the other one at 30000 left me under no illusions as to what I was aiming for.
  • I was lucky enough to take advantage of the first reset they did last Friday, and got myself to 3k points easily. Slowly drifted down the leaderboard to around 20th place, and played it again last night when the enemy levels reset, and got myself another 1k points for an easy top 25 finish. Would've liked to finish higher for the extra ISO, and definitely would've liked the extra progression rewards, but it ended up being a nice laid back event because of the way the scaling made it so hard for anyone to really break away. I'd definitely like to see it run again though with proper scaling in place and perhaps more achievable progression rewards.
  • Got close to 13k points with most of the full reset left, briefly considered going for the 50 HP at 15k points, played something else instead. Weird, didn't mind grinding Hulk and Hunt at all, seems like those depressingly overpowered opponents are finally getting at me.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not so sure they did a late reset. I'd been doing just a couple levels per day, and I noticed some of them start to drop with a couple days left. On the last day they dropped quite a bit, but it seemed like it may have had more to do with my relative inactivity than a patch.

In the end, I ground out all the 500 ISO rewards that were still pending, saw I was a couple battles below 25th place, and fought a bit more to increase the ISO and get some HP as a tip. 24th place with ~4200 points. Four people in my bracket managed the 10k progression level, nothing above that.
  • In mine first was about 15,000, second 11,000, me at third with 10,004, fourth 9,000, and I think #10 was at about 5,500.
  • You got to be kidding me, did I just read right that they botched the difficulty in the last hours after a week of torment ? icon_lol.gif
    That's a whole new level of **** even for them.
  • finwe wrote:
    You got to be kidding me, did I just read right that they botched the difficulty in the last hours after a week of torment ? icon_lol.gif
    That's a whole new level of **** even for them.

Something like that.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder why those who scored close to, or above 40K didn't post any reply in this thread.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    kensterr wrote:
    I wonder why those who scored close to, or above 40K didn't post any reply in this thread.

well, only a small fraction of all players frequent the forum, so it might be that they don't have an account.
  • For adding to the pseudo statistical data collection...

#1 in my bracket was ~8500 with 20 minutes left. I went from 65 to ~17th with about an hours play.

just eyeballing the names on the top 10, it looked there was only movement by three of them near the end.

Someone played the MasterSrike "Apathy" on this tourney....

(okay, so I know why, but I never let facts get in the way of a good story)
  • kensterr wrote:
    Too busy playing the game.
  • kensterr wrote:
    Too busy playing the game.

Maybe true during the event, but interesting that nobody on here is posting the surely mythical scores that IceIX assured us people were on, after the event. Anyone here get past 30000 for the other DD cover?
  • 1st in my bracket finished around 12k points.
  • I finished 1st with around 12.5K in the end (I got 5000 points first day as all the enemies went to level 20 after I re-installed the game) didn't IceIX say that only people who started the event after the patch went out would be able to try for the upper rewards? That would explain why no-one round here did, as most people on the forum jump in pretty quickly.