Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• Finally.

1st place finish. Happy with my 5000 ISO and red DD.

Got a Purple from progression.

That was brutal.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slacked off and finished with 5k points, managed to get top 10 still. Good riddance.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Once the difficulty was corrected, this event went smoothly. I hope they do a round 2.

Had we had a full 2 days go as well as the last 8 patched hours, a lot more folks would have been able to get a decent 3 power DD character with room to upgrade. I hope they keep this reward formula. I prefer it when every one can get a character as opposed to a "select few".
  • I actually enjoyed this event, even though I acknowledge it was broken. I usually never grind PVE and this one was no different. It sounds like they wanted you to grind, but whatever. Didn't worry about resets or rubberbanding and still placed well. It was a very low key tourney. Not every event needs to be a big extravaganza.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Managed to nip up to 34 after the enemy reset, happy days. Would've been content with a heroic token but I'm stoked with another red DD.

Now just need that damn blue!
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Went from not caring about the event and hovering at 100 to grinding for 40 minutes and getting top 45ish.

Somehow, i'm ok with this.
  • I still want someone to prove they hit the X-Force rewards. I finished top with just short of 15k and it was a struggle!

-Brutus
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once the difficulty was corrected,

icon_e_sad.gif
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mawtful wrote:

icon_e_sad.gif

(o・_・)ノ”(ノ_<。)
  • jozier wrote:
    Finally.

1st place finish. Happy with my 5000 ISO and red DD.

Got a Purple from progression.

That was brutal.

Same for me. I had given up on getting to 10k as more trouble than it was worth but got motivated by the reduced levels. Was able to pretty quickly get to there since I had not played in a while so my board was at max points. 2nd was at around 5k. Not sure DD is worth much but he is new and shiny so why not. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Mawtful
    Twysta wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

icon_e_sad.gif

(o・_・)ノ”(ノ_<。)

Is that? I assume it's a "there, there" kind of reassuring pat and you're not trying to flip me.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Mawtful wrote:

icon_e_sad.gif
    Mawtful wrote:
    Twysta wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:

icon_e_sad.gif

(o・_・)ノ”(ノ_<。)

Is that? I assume it's a "there, there" kind of reassuring pat and you're not trying to flip me.
    You have my condolences.
    Me and Daredevil will tip a 40oz on the pavement in memory of your lost level normalization.
  • Mawtful
    many nested quotes

I did pretty well in TaT although it nearly drove me crazy, so I'm good for Daredevil covers. I had planned to just coast through the next event before TaT even finished, so I don't actually feel as though I "lost" anything from not being able to play more than 1 or two missions. I was mostly looking forward to playing it casually and earning some ISO to prep me for whatever this weekend's event will be.

I think I finished on 430 points - and that's from playing the few missions I had available twice every day.
  • I somehow gave it a try on the last day, and managed to finish in 3rd place.

It was lame.

All I got was a pitiful DD red cover. Couldn't they have at least given us 2 more covers?

Worst PVE I've ever done. Next to TAT of course.
  • What was the leader on in everyone's bracket?
    I finished top 10 in mine on 5350 and the leader was on 7650 or so with around 45 minutes to go.

I'd be amazed if more than 0.5% of players achieved anything higher than the 30000 progression reward. The number that reached even the first 4* Wolverine was probably only a handful.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    finished third in my bracket...a bit sad that I just failed to get the progression daredevil reward (was just 400 short in the end :/ )

the leader had about 15k when I went to bed
  • BrenH wrote:
    What was the leader on in everyone's bracket?
    I finished top 10 in mine on 5350 and the leader was on 7650 or so with around 45 minutes to go.

I'd be amazed if more than 0.5% of players achieved anything higher than the 30000 progression reward. The number that reached even the first 4* Wolverine was probably only a handful.

Mine had way more than 10k the last time I looked (and it was before the level adjustment). Top 10, not lower than 7k.
  • Leader was about 14k, he pretty much stop grinding the last two days when he noticed that I stopped at 11k.
  • So it looks like the lower levels did the trick. Pretty sure I managed to end up 46 or 47.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Woooo! As a non-top-tier-competitor, (didn't have DD while playing this one) I'm happy to have landed in the top 25 - got a Daredevil cover and a bit of ISO to boot. I thought I'd get knocked out of the top 50 but it seemed like everyone in the low-mid levels stopped playing in the last hour of my bracket, which sort of confused me, but perhaps most had already drained the last refresh of the progression reward points.

I wish they had made the rewards for top 50 a Daredevil *token* instead of just a red cover - would have made it a lot more fun to see different Daredevil powers out in the field. Still, I'm happy to have finished it with a DD cover, instead of just a crummy token, as I expected.