Weekly Buffed Characters (Updated 3/23/19)

MPQ_Daywalker
MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2019 in MPQ Character Discussion
  • Below are screenshots of a tab in my Roster spreadsheet where I track the weekly buffs.
  • Here is a guide to reading the charts...
  • The different colors represent various buff weeks.  Generally speaking, if a character is boosted in one color week, when that color comes around again, they are more likely be boosted in that week.  There are more 4* characters than 3* characters so they cycle through more colors.
  • The characters in italics are my predictions for those weeks, based on the rotation.
  • The "OS" at the end column of the boosted 4* and boosted 3* charts means "Off-Season".  That means those characters that week will likely only be boosted for one PVP event (as the off-season PVP events usually have their own buff list).  Usually weekly buffed characters will be boosted in PVEs -- the main exception being boss events, which have their own buff list.

Tagged:

Comments

• TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    hope they keep ice and cyke together. that was fun.
  • mgallop
    mgallop Posts: 120
    Hope they move 4pool away from Ice and Cyke, waste of a buffed character to have 3 good ones in a week. Ideally, he could be with Thing...
  • TxMoose
    FYI, the 3* list should be labeled "Weakly Buffed"
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    This is now updated with the actual buffed characters for 4/28/16 - 5/4/16.

For 4 star.pngs I had predicted icon_carnage.pngicon_invisiblewoman.png and icon_miles.png; Miles didn't actually make it, and they threw icon_deadpool.png and icon_iceman.png in there a little earlier than expected. For next week I'm predicting Miles will show up, along with Deadpool & Iceman's previous buffed teammates, icon_cyclops.png and icon_elektra.png.

For 3 star.pngs they didn't even try to mix things up; the "weakly buffed" (copyright TxMoose) list is exactly the same as 8 weeks ago, so I thought I'd be just as lazy and make my prediction for the next week to be the same as 8 weeks ago.

I'm also predicting I will see a whole lot of boosted Iceman/IM40 teams in PVP that week...
  • TxMoose
    great. xpool and ice in the offseason where the weekly buffs get thrown out most of the time in favor of special event lists. boooo. they always waste great boosts during the offseason.
  • DTStump
    DTStump Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    Great stuff, thanks! icon_e_smile.gif
  • truxcer
    truxcer Posts: 9
    This week prediction was 100% hit, impressive!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    truxcer wrote:
    Technically icon_hulk.png was wrong, it should be icon_hulkcho.png... but I'm not going to be that guy really. Good work!
  • Quebbster
    So, should we expect icon_venom.pngicon_thing.pngicon_antman.pngicon_starlord.png next week? I just noticed the same four characters were boosted on 3/24...
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    Quebbster wrote:
    truxcer wrote:
    Technically icon_hulk.png was wrong, it should be icon_hulkcho.png... but I'm not going to be that guy really. Good work!
    Ha... didn't even notice that there was a separate forum icon for Cho. I blame laziness and lack of caring about Cho. But this has now been corrected in the OP, for all fans of hot dog stands.
    OJSP wrote:
    Who's not to say that they actually had a peek at this thread and copypasta it.. icon_lol.gif
    icon_lol.gif Yeah, really don't think I have that kind of power over what's buffed next, but that would be nice...
    Quebbster wrote:
    So, should we expect icon_venom.pngicon_thing.pngicon_antman.pngicon_starlord.png next week? I just noticed the same four characters were boosted on 3/24...
    Yep, you got it. Based on the past, they find a pattern and stick with it. Only time it changes is when they cycle in a new character (and I don't expect Winter Soldier to be worked in for a few weeks, after his new character buff is over). In the 3* rotation they occasionally change it up, but it mostly seems to be related to when they want to highlight certain characters... like when IM40 and Vision got their re-works, they were buffed soon after those went live. For the most part, they come up with a rotation of characters and stick to it.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    Well the boosted list for the week beginning 5/26/2016 is certainly interesting... The 4* list has two characters that I expected to be there (X-23 and Prof. X), and they're putting Drax into the cycle now, but Jean Grey is showing up weeks earlier than expected.

On the 3* side, it's a completely different group of five characters than I've remember ever seeing before. I think it's worth noting that all of the boosted 3*s are X-Men-related, and that they are being boosted the week during the second run of the Civil War event. So is this Demiurge giving us different boosted characters to use in PVP events than we are using in Civil War?

Only two of the boosted characters for the week had a Team Cap or Team Iron Man affiliation during the first run: Drax and Psylocke (both were Team Cap).
  • TxMoose
    really screwy to move jean up to x23's week. I literally maxed x23 over the weekend. I may have chosen kp had I known her boost week would be paired with jean.

edit: and I be this stacks thor with hb. gee thanks devs.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    TxMoose wrote:
    really screwy to move jean up to x23's week. I literally maxed x23 over the weekend. I may have chosen kp had I known her boost week would be paired with jean.

Yeah, I don't think any thought is given to "Do these boosted characters share the same colors?" You see that in the boosted 3* list sometimes too, like none of the five characters covering the color purple (but that may just be due to only 13 3* characters having an active purple power).

Also, the fact that they picked Jean Grey instead of Wolverine (who were both boosted in the same week last time) I think makes it extremely unlikely that XFW is getting a rework this week (which was the speculation when his Clash of the Titans was rescheduled).
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:

I have the exact same choice to make (X-23 or KP) and haven't committed the ISO yet but was about to -- already used a KP cover to respec him before it would have expired this morning. Time to rethink that, probably (and hit Brotherhood that much harder for the ISO to max Laura before the green cover in my queue expires anyway).
  • TxMoose
    so...psylocke and 3cyke were boosted 2 weeks ago, and beast and mystique 3 weeks ago. and they get an extra boosted week next week, pushing the normal rotation back. I'm assuming there's a reason for this - would love to hear it. same for the 4* shuffle. maybe it will be more clear when cw2 details come out. at least next week is offseason mostly where boosteds won't matter anyway. shame though on x23 icon_e_confused.gif
  • Quebbster
    I assume the changes are because it is an off-season week. The boost list will only be used in one PvP and The PvE after Civil War.
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think at the end of last season, Jean was boosted for the last events and then was a featured character in one of the off season events. (Black Vortex?)

It's kind of annoying when you don't have her usable.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    The only reason I can think of for next week's boosted are the release of the Apocalypse movie. I know Marvel doesn't have ties with Fox, but, except for Drax and Black Widow, every one of the boosted characters are X-Men.

And I think they picked Jean Grey instead of XFW so they'd have one of everyone.
  • TxMoose
    yeah, all the xmen get swept into offseason/cw2 week where they'll hardly be used. it just happens to line up with apocalypse, so they boosted them for the release, only we don't get any benefit from it.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    05/26/2016: icon_beast.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_cyclops.pngicon_mystique.pngicon_psylocke.png

Well, it`s quite difficult to build a good team out of these characters because there are too many blackflag.png and redflag.png user. icon_neutral.gif