Weekly Buffed Characters (Updated 3/23/19)

Comments

• MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    The MPQ Sneak Peek May Edition listed icon_drax.png as powered up, but in game we can see that icon_cyclops.png is now boosted instead (which makes more sense as an X-Men week). The OP has been corrected to have Cyke for this week and I also put icon_drax.png as expected for the following week.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    boosting cyke really takes the sting off of stacking jean and x23 together. now 3 of my 10 champs are all on the same week though - in the past they've been spread a little better. I love me some boosted cyke though.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    This is now updated with the buffs for the week beginning 6/2. Predictions for this week were correct -- we are back on rotation for 3*s, and they are going back to rotation for 4*s, adding in Drax.

Barring any unforeseen event-related boosts (like this past week's X-Men boosts) I think the buffed 4*s for next week will be icon_ironman.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_quake.png and one more (could be icon_ghostrider.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_wolverine.png or icon_nickfury.png but I think icon_jeangrey.png is the least likely since they just buffed her for X-Men week).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is now updated with the buffs for the week beginning 6/2. Predictions for this week were correct -- we are back on rotation for 3*s, and they are going back to rotation for 4*s, adding in Drax.

Barring any unforeseen event-related boosts (like this past week's X-Men boosts) I think the buffed 4*s for next week will be icon_ironman.pngicon_kingpin.pngicon_quake.png and one more (could be icon_ghostrider.pngicon_jeangrey.pngicon_wolverine.png or icon_nickfury.png but I think icon_jeangrey.png is the least likely since they just buffed her for X-Men week).
    Looking forward to icon_quake.png being boosted in Enemy of the State... One can hope, at least.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Just in case this info disappears before the OP updates the thread:

(06/30/2016 - 07/06/16)
    4* - Elektra, Hulk (Totally Awesome), Miles Morales, War Machine
    3* - Daredevil, Doctor Doom, Human Torch, Loki, Squirrel Girl
    2* - Moonstone, Ms. Marvel
    1* - Spider-Man, Venom

(07/07/2016 - 07/13/16)
    4* - Mr. Fantastic, Red Hulk, Spider-Gwen, Star-Lord
    3* - Blade, Bullseye, The Hood, The Hulk, Punisher
    2* - Black Widow, Wolverine
    1* - Hawkeye, Iron Man
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    This is now updated to include weeks starting 6/30, 7/17 and predictions for 7/14. Sorry for the delay -- I was on vacation with no computer and no cell phone signal (the horror!).

The pattern for 4* buffs appears to be continued; I think the prediction for the week starting 7/14 ( icon_venom.pngicon_thing.pngicon_antman.png) should be accurate. The fourth may be Kate Bishop; I think she is about due to enter the rotation.

For 3* buffs, the pattern has not been followed the last couple weeks and it seems to be going all over the place. Poor Classic Magneto seems to have been accidentally dropped off Demiurge's buffed list... cMags hasn't been boosted since the week beginning 4/14, which means he hasn't been boosted for 12 weeks at this point (normally we go through the whole rotation of 40 3* characters in about 10 weeks, so it's unusual for a character to not be boosted for this long).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is now updated to include weeks starting 6/30, 7/17 and predictions for 7/14. Sorry for the delay -- I was on vacation with no computer and no cell phone signal (the horror!).

The pattern for 4* buffs appears to be continued; I think the prediction for the week starting 7/14 ( icon_venom.pngicon_thing.pngicon_antman.png) should be accurate. The fourth may be Kate Bishop; I think she is about due to enter the rotation.

For 3* buffs, the pattern has not been followed the last couple weeks and it seems to be going all over the place. Poor Classic Magneto seems to have been accidentally dropped off Demiurge's buffed list... cMags hasn't been boosted since the week beginning 4/14, which means he hasn't been boosted for 12 weeks at this point (normally we go through the whole rotation of 40 3* characters in about 10 weeks, so it's unusual for a character to not be boosted for this long).
    You sure about that? I think I remember Classic Magneto being boosted during the last run of Enemy of the State, so the June 6th boosted set.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:

You sure about that? I think I remember Classic Magneto being boosted during the last run of Enemy of the State, so the June 6th boosted set.

Essential maybe?
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    Essential maybe?
    The event thread lists him as boosted, with Iron Fist as the 3* essential.
    viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45479
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    Quebbster wrote:
    Essential maybe?
    The event thread lists him as boosted, with Iron Fist as the 3* essential.
    viewtopic.php?f=20&t=45479
    Ah, got it. I must have made a copy/paste typo error for the week of June 9; looks like Mags was definitely boosted then (I had Colossus there for some reason). OP is now corrected.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can a mod please sticky this thread. It's fairly handy as a planner, even if the predictions aren't always perfect.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can a mod please sticky this thread. It's fairly handy as a planner, even if the predictions aren't always perfect.
    Sure, I can do that.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    Thanks for stickying the thread, Davy!

The OP has now been updated with the latest buffed characters and predictions. The week beginning 8/11 is going to be my personal best week ever for buffed 4*s, as I have a (recently champed and respecced) 270 icon_ironman.png, 209 icon_ghostrider.png, 229 icon_iceman.png and a 273 icon_nickfury.png. Mr. Fury will likely be relegated to use in PVE but I really enjoy Nick's blue, especially when boosted.

This week's Venom: Heroic actually looks fun for me with all four 4* characters buffed to high levels (and I have all five 3* characters champed as well). Add in Venom's recent nerf where he can't stun my whole team, and let the good times roll.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I've been tracking the buffed 3* and 4* characters for some time on my own in a spreadsheet and received a request recently to make it into a regularly updated post.

Here are all of the buffed 4* characters since they started buffing four characters per week; only the last two months is shown -- to see prior to that, click on the Show button next to Hidden:

Week Beginning: Buffed 4* Characters
    08/25/2016: icon_carnage.pngicon_invisiblewoman.pngicon_miles.pngicon_warmachine.png
    Predictions for 09/01/2016: icon_elektra.pngicon_hulkcho.png and two of these four: icon_mrfantastic.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_spidergwen.pngicon_starlord.png

After quite an awesome week, isn't this just a couple of **** ones? Looks like, for the second time in the last four heroics, Miles will be totally saving my bacon.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    After quite an awesome week, isn't this just a couple of **** ones? Looks like, for the second time in the last four heroics, Miles will be totally saving my bacon.
    you could put rulk with Yelena, bagman, and ock and it wouldn't be a **** week to me. hopefully rulk is in the next week.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    09/01/2016: icon_elektra.pngicon_hulkcho.pngicon_redhulk.pngicon_spidergwen.png

Much like two months ago, if you *have* rulk, you're golden. If you don't have rulk, you're twice as far behind. I'll take on any two of boosted Electra, Chulk, and SpiderGwen before I'd take on a single rulk with those options, and twice on Sundays.
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    From Sneak Peek-thread.

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS (09/15/16 - 09/21/16)
    4* - Jean Grey, Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Wasp
    3* - Beast, Colossus, Cyclops, Mystique, Psylocke
    2* - Bullseye, Daken
    1* - Iron Man, Venom
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    Black Duke wrote:
    From Sneak Peek-thread.

UPCOMING WEEKLY BUFFS (09/15/16 - 09/21/16)
    4* - Jean Grey, Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, Wasp
    3* - Beast, Colossus, Cyclops, Mystique, Psylocke
    2* - Bullseye, Daken
    1* - Iron Man, Venom
    OP is now updated.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    The OP has been updated with the boosts for the week of 10/6 - 10/12, the week of Anniversary III. For the first time, we have five boosted four-star characters. This might just be a one-time thing, since they added in Devil Dino to the boosted list for Anniversary, but I really hope it means we are close to weekly boosts of five instead of four 4* characters each week.

With Gwenpool we will be at 40 4* characters but at least two of those (Devil Dino & Howard the Duck) are characters that only show up during limited times and haven't been part of the regular buff rotation. It remains to be seen whether Gwenpool will be a limited time or a regular 4*, but I think the number of characters being around 40 works very well for doing five boosts per week (works well for the 40 3*s in the game -- 40 characters / 5 per week for 8 weeks).

The more boosted characters we have, the more diversity we see in PVP and the more possibility we have playable characters/teams in Heroic events.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    OP has been updated for the week beginning 10/27.

And a call-out for help to anyone reading... maybe I've missed something, but I believe 3* Luke Cage has been MIA for over 2 months now. He was due to be boosted the week beginning 10/6, as he has been boosted the same week as Iron Fist for the last 5 out of 6 weeks he's been boosted, according to my records.

He was last boosted the beginning 8/11/2016. On 10/6, he was swapped out for Gamora. I expected him to show up the following week (and included him in my predictions); he didn't, so I did the same thing for the next week... and now we're a month past when I expected him to show up and he's nowhere to be seen, meanwhile his 4* version is set to be boosted the week of 10/27.

Is my information wrong and he actually was boosted sometime since 8/11?