Weekly Buffed Characters (Updated 3/23/19)

Comments

• evanbernstein
    evanbernstein Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    @MPQ_Daywalker I'm surprised Agent Coulson is not in your guess for next week.  What is your reasoning?
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    @MPQ_Daywalker I'm surprised Agent Coulson is not in your guess for next week.  What is your reasoning?
    Good point!  He is totally due, I just missed him in there.  The OP has been updated.  Thanks for pointing it out.

I'm really looking forward to using Coulson more... I have him at 2/5/5 and will be getting a yellow through progression in Webbed Wonder (with an extra cover waiting on my vine), so he's next to be champed.  The little bit I've played with him at level 70 has been very fun.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    100% on the 4 stars this week?  nice!
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    100% on the 4 stars this week?  nice!
    Thanks!  Some weeks I think I either get lucky or Demiurge gets lazy and just sees what I'm predicting and makes that the boosted line-up.  :)  

This next week is fairly difficult to predict.  Rocket & Groot are due to be hitting the boosted rotation -- it'll have been a month since their debut PVP ended (on 5/14).  But they seem to move around those first boost weeks fairly often.  For example, 3* Star-Lord should technically be boosted this coming week, since his debut PVP ended on 5/7; I have no idea why he isn't (I moved his prediction to the following week).

Nova and War Machine should be boosted, since they were boosted the same week as Moon Knight and Quake last time.  But I think the other two spots are fairly up in the air -- I put in Spider-Woman and Blade as guesses, but Sam Wilson, Kingpin and Winter Soldier are all viable possibilities.
  • gravel
    gravel Posts: 585 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for all the work @MPQ_Daywalker.  I'm not looking forward to Carol boosted again.
  • Spidurman27
    Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    A week of Carol-Rulk does not sound like fun.  
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    I'm rooting desperately for a bad boost list for this upcoming week. Since The Hulk's boost list carries over through next Monday and that leads into Sinister 6 which has its own boost list it won't be used for any PvE events. With the upcoming end to the season, the Thursday PvP event (Vulture's) will be the only event using the weekly boost list. Next week's boosts are literally only for one PvP event and that's all. 
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    I'm rooting desperately for a bad boost list for this upcoming week. Since The Hulk's boost list carries over through next Monday and that leads into Sinister 6 which has its own boost list it won't be used for any PvE events. With the upcoming end to the season, the Thursday PvP event (Vulture's) will be the only event using the weekly boost list. Next week's boosts are literally only for one PvP event and that's all. 
    Agreed -- I'm certain it's the only time since I started playing the game 1062 days ago (Howard the Duck cover today!) that the boosted list won't be used for at least one PvE event.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, wish they'd swapped this week's list with next week's.

From 4 champed 4* down to 1. Even the boosted 3* list doesn't look all that appetizing.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited July 2017
    You think we'll get C&D again so quickly, @MPQ_Daywalker ?

I'd guess Mordo might get their spot. 
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    You think we'll get C&D again so quickly, @MPQ_Daywalker ?

I'd guess Mordo might get their spot. 
    Whoops, yeah, C&D shouldn't be there. Will update later. 
  • Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    You think they'll have 3 latest next week (mordo, sandman, medusa) followed by a week with 0? I have a feeling medusa will be pushed back a week or sandman won't be in next week. They have to keep mordo in there though to show off his rework.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    You think they'll have 3 latest next week (mordo, sandman, medusa) followed by a week with 0? I have a feeling medusa will be pushed back a week or sandman won't be in next week. They have to keep mordo in there though to show off his rework.
    I had the same thoughts as I looked at it more closely.  Mordo I think is a shoe-in; they always try to boost a character soon after a re-work.  Sandman will be overdue for his first buff week, so I think he's in.  But they do try to have at least one of the latest 12 in the buff list each week ever since Bonus Heroes.  There are exceptions -- the most recent was the week beginning July 6 -- but I agree that it is very likely they will push Medusa to the following week.  

The graphic has been updated in the OP to reflect this.  
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    One thing the devs have been doing, to good effect, is buffing a character shortly after their season rework.  Venom was reworked for the prior season and buffed the week of 7/6/17 as a result.  It seems that this new place in line carries forward.  The devs said in a recent podcast that they tend to not rearrange things (unfortunately, some weeks).

TLDR:  I don't think Venom (Brock) will be buffed until September.  Not August as you guess.....

Thanks!
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    bluewolf said:
    One thing the devs have been doing, to good effect, is buffing a character shortly after their season rework.  Venom was reworked for the prior season and buffed the week of 7/6/17 as a result.  It seems that this new place in line carries forward.  The devs said in a recent podcast that they tend to not rearrange things (unfortunately, some weeks).

TLDR:  I don't think Venom (Brock) will be buffed until September.  Not August as you guess.....

Thanks!
    Ah, good point -- I totally forgot about Venom's boost after his rework.  I have updated the OP accordingly -- it's now looking likely that the buffed characters for the week beginning August 17 will be the same ones that were boosted the week beginning June 8.
  • amarrero
    amarrero Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    edited August 2017
    Think you have an error in the 3*s buffed this coming Thursday.  Vision should be there instead of Thor.
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    amarrero said:
    Think you have an error in the 3*s buffed this coming Thursday.  Vision should be there instead of Thor.
    You are correct -- I had a copy/paste error there.  This is now corrected, along with the predicted boost list for the following week (where Thor should have been).
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    All sorts of changes and surprises on the boosted lists for the coming week.  The original post has been updated; you can find my commentary on the changes over at MPQtips.com.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,244 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just want to thank you for keeping this updated.  Helps me know who to focus on for champing and pumping ISO in as I continue buffing my 4*s.  Thank you very much!
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Why do you predict sandman to be boosted again so soon?  Thanks for all your hard work!