Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• Yeah all my level 230's all of a sudden became level 40's What the hell. Less than a few hours to go and i JUST hit like 500 or something. Maybe i can still try for the 54000 mark?
  • Yep, there was an update like 8 hours before the end of event -- it lowered the mob levels to reasonable.

Some cookie... but way too late to climb up to reasonable levels. icon_e_sad.gif

Maybe extending the event for a day or 2 would have been fair so the hosed people could catch up.
  • I still have hammer goons sitting in the 230s and I've got someone trying to take my coveted 10th spot to boot. I looked at his team of highest character 45 BWM and tried to contain my rage.

If that isn't enough proof that the MMR is broken, I was doing LR for some easy iso and after I beat about 6 chumps, next match Nemek.....hmmm yeah broken big time.
  • thatguy13 wrote:
    I still have hammer goons sitting in the 230s and I've got someone trying to take my coveted 10th spot to boot. I looked at his team of highest character 45 BWM and tried to contain my rage.

If that isn't enough proof that the MMR is broken, I was doing LR for some easy iso and after I beat about 6 chumps, next match Nemek.....hmmm yeah broken big time.

What are your character levels? I had suuuuuuch a hard time beating a team of 230's I had to get soooo lucky. Also, not using boosts. Spending 400 iso to get back 60 iso isn't worth squat.
  • I have a 100 GSBW but the rest are under 81 and the 2 that I have that are 81 are 2* Wolverine and Thor. They really ought to have made slots available for ISO, HP for anything good kind of sucks.
  • I had some missions that were literally 100 levels or more lower today. I was able to grind up above 10,000 - I figured my time was better spent on a guaranteed needed cover rather than a token that would only probably give me one (ie, lightning rounds). In the process, I was able to jump from 4th to 3rd, which is nice, especially if I can stay there (I'm about a thousand up).
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Well, I am in 13th ATM, I could grind for top 10 and get an extra 500 ISO, or I could continue to write this off as a terrible experience
  • Clint wrote:
    Well, I am in 13th ATM, I could grind for top 10 and get an extra 500 ISO, or I could continue to write this off as a terrible experience
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    15k!
    No way I'm gonna hit 20k unless I want to see if I can grind about 2000 1 point missions... on top of the points I have left of the board.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Clint wrote:

I'm in 18th, I don't think there is any danger of finishing out of the top 25. I'm going to keep an eye on my placement, but there is no chance for me to reach the top ten, and no further reason to play these missions.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since some people had reported changes to their events earlier, I thought I should at least have a look.

So the entry mission and the Daken mission directly after have been around ~15 and ~30 respectively the whole time for me. Everything else has been over 200. Until today, one of the missions that I had not yet finished, "Ghost of Russia's Past" had dropped to just over 100. That still counts as Deadly/Impossible for the heroes I have in my limited roster, but I figured I could try and use Spider-Man's stun lock to deal with Yelena and then it's just a matter of time to get through mooks. Sure enough, I get through the mission, and it opens up two new missions - both at level 230.
  • AAAAA MY "ARRESTED" IS STILL LOCKED AND IVE BEAT EVERY AVAILABLE MISSION SOMEONE HELP
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2014
    Was nice to see the change and finally be able to unlock the hardest missions in the event.

What still doesn't make sense to me about the scaling is why should a mission I've never done become harder because I beat an earlier easier mission? When I first finally unlocked the 3xDA final mission it was around level 80. I did a handful of other missions at higher levels and check back to find it at level 120.

This just leads to nonsensical meta-gaming to manage encounter levels. I can understand a particular mission scaling harder as you run it multiple times, but what's the logic behind making missions you haven't done yet more difficult based on the missions you've completed? Mission difficulty in events are already progressively scaled from easier to more difficult in the first place--that's standard game design.
  • I'm just glad to see the much lowered levels. I actually got a few of the progression rewards and cleared some of the later missions, which had been completely impossible until now. It was also fun to revisit a big chunk of my 1* roster, which I haven't used in quite a while.
  • Last 40 minutes and they all start coming out of the woodwork as per usual lol i havent played this mode in nearly 2 days as ive been 10th since then but now they are all appearing out of nowhere. i keep slipping from 10th to 11th to 9th and back and forth...this will be interesting last few minutes
  • Hmm, been hovering in 70s due to the high level enemies. But they did drop so maybe i can sneak into top 50.
  • 8 out of my top 10 are noobs. I'm not really sure what to think of this.
  • 8 out of my top 10 are noobs. I'm not really sure what to think of this.

Most of my top 10 are either all 85s or a mix of 1 100+ plus a few 50-80s. Just happy this is over...cruising into 1st. No shot at anything above 15k reward though. 40k for all was stupid.
  • Ugh. Thanks for the last minute change today. My levels didn't change and my 2000 pt lead wasn't enough since someone lower in the top ten that was 4000 pts behind came out of nowhere and took over 1st. Bye bye 3000 ISO. The whole right side of the map was lvl 200+

At least this event is history. Enjoying the Pvp so at least there's something to do
  • The difficulty reset may have only been for 8 hours but it improved my rank dramatically. I was clinging on to top 50 last night, squeaking in at 49 (only got the Storm for 1500 points before going to bed). With enemy levels reduced I was able to complete 3 extra missions which had been beyond me (Like Father, Like Son, Resistance is Futile & Critical Data), grinded every mission I could do like hell and doubled my points to get the HP for 3000 points in a couple of hours. Climbed to 22 and moved up a reward level.

I'd say there'll be a lot of unhappy people out there though who weren't aware of the enemy level change. Couldn't believe I was able to climb so fast, it felt like a lot of people had given up on the event and felt their rank was pretty much set in stone, don't know what the people around me in my bracket were doing while I was shooting up the rankings.