Oscorp Heroic Mode

Comments

• Phantron wrote:
    techzombie wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    My enemies are all still level 230. icon_e_sad.gif

Try completely closing the game for 10 minutes? I've had issues where the game didn't update properly because it was running in the background.

Yea, I actually got an update, so make sure your app actually updates 0-100%, then you should get the change

I saw the update, but nothing has been changed. I wonder if they just lower the base difficulty, and since I've 13K points I'm sure all my missions are at pretty much the maximum they could be already.

Still unable to put this bracket away, #2 is sitting at 12K.

Ah....I only have about 2000 points sitting at like #23, so maybe that's why mine are so much lower than before.
  • Phantron wrote:
    techzombie wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    My enemies are all still level 230. icon_e_sad.gif

Try completely closing the game for 10 minutes? I've had issues where the game didn't update properly because it was running in the background.

Yea, I actually got an update, so make sure your app actually updates 0-100%, then you should get the change

I saw the update, but nothing has been changed. I wonder if they just lower the base difficulty, and since I've 13K points I'm sure all my missions are at pretty much the maximum they could be already.

Still unable to put this bracket away, #2 is sitting at 12K.

I've got 16k, 2nd has 12k, and the high value missions have dropped 100 levels. 2nd and 3rd are having a battle amongst themselves.
  • After restarting the game a few times the level did go down.

If they started out like that I think it'd be a lot more reasonable, though it'd still be way too grindy. I rather they put the difficulty about halfway between now and what it was before and only have 2 stacks like TaT. There's an awful a lot of missions to grind through in this heroic.
  • Phantron wrote:
    After restarting the game a few times the level did go down.

If they started out like that I think it'd be a lot more reasonable, though it'd still be way too grindy. I rather they put the difficulty about halfway between now and what it was before and only have 2 stacks like TaT. There's an awful a lot of missions to grind through in this heroic.

I agree.
  • For what it's worth, my "Heroic Mode" just went from all 230s to L10 at the left and ~L69 on the right side.

...too bad there are only hours to go
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:

They should also refresh mission rewards daily: it just feels really bad to grind missions purely for progression rewards.
  • Phantron wrote:

They should also refresh mission rewards daily: it just feels really bad to grind missions purely for progression rewards.

I think refresh daily would be bad because you'll have some obsessive guys complaining about how now they got to do every mission 8 times to get the 500 iso 8 rewards, and they probably don't want to give out that much iso 8 in the first place. But once every 3 days seems pretty reasonable. If you're doing each mission twice per refresh and two refresh a day, that'd put you at a pace where you should have all the 500 iso 8 rewards (barring extreme bad luck) for a 3 day cycle.
  • Anyone else's Arrested stuck as locked, saying your Defeatt Yelena is 100% but still Not Done?
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I think refresh daily would be bad because you'll have some obsessive guys complaining about how now they got to do every mission 8 times to get the 500 iso 8 rewards, and they probably don't want to give out that much iso 8 in the first place. But once every 3 days seems pretty reasonable. If you're doing each mission twice per refresh and two refresh a day, that'd put you at a pace where you should have all the 500 iso 8 rewards (barring extreme bad luck) for a 3 day cycle.

But if you think about the other PvE events we've had (hunts, hulk, etc), subevents refreshed daily and offered new missions with 500 iso rewards as well, so I don't see how putting heroic oscorp on a daily reward refresh is any different. While its true that people will complain about everything, I don't think that having the option to grind some extra iso is something that many people will be complaining about, especially if its entirely optional if we're limited to getting progression points twice per refresh.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

But if you think about the other PvE events we've had (hunts, hulk, etc), subevents refreshed daily and offered new missions with 500 iso rewards as well, so I don't see how putting heroic oscorp on a daily reward refresh is any different. While its true that people will complain about everything, I don't think that having the option to grind some extra iso is something that many people will be complaining about, especially if its entirely optional if we're limited to getting progression points twice per refresh.

Well I guess it depends on the event too. Heroic Oscorp strikes me as a minor event compared to the other PvE events judging by the prizes, so I figure it's not supposed to be comparable in terms of reward compared to TaT/The Hulk/The Hunt. I mean, I wouldn't say no if they did that, but I really don't like the 'obligatory daily' kind of playing. I play the game every day because I like the game, not because I have to get some daily reward. I know this mechanism works reasonably well, but I think eventually people catch on that if they're only doing stuff for the 'dailys' then the game is really dying. The sub-events fit the daily model fine and I don't think there's a need to invent more dailies.
  • Vinny J wrote:
    For what it's worth, my "Heroic Mode" just went from all 230s to L10 at the left and ~L69 on the right side.

That'd been right. I spend 5 days checking all the time to see if the matches are doable and everything is high 100's or 230 and then 5 hours from the end it all changes to manageable levels when I have no time to play as I'm at work.
    I ground my way to 5000 points on the train this morning with matches in the 150 to 200 range and I think that probably as far as I'll go.
    This has been a really disappointing event. Those progression awards looked so attainable but with my average match time being 7 to 10 minutes you just can't get through them fast enough to earn any rewards.
  • Yeah, all these changes in the LAST hours when they should have been done on the 2nd day... it's awful, really. Awful.
  • Finally the missions are playable for me but with only hours to go its pointless if anyone wanted to actually place near the top. Atleast I was able to farm some quick iso. I jumped from #154 with 200 points to #60 with just under 1500 points after a half hour of play.
  • BrenH wrote:
    Vinny J wrote:
    For what it's worth, my "Heroic Mode" just went from all 230s to L10 at the left and ~L69 on the right side.

That'd been right. I spend 5 days checking all the time to see if the matches are doable and everything is high 100's or 230 and then 5 hours from the end it all changes to manageable levels when I have no time to play as I'm at work.
    I ground my way to 5000 points on the train this morning with matches in the 150 to 200 range and I think that probably as far as I'll go.
    This has been a really disappointing event. Those progression awards looked so attainable but with my average match time being 7 to 10 minutes you just can't get through them fast enough to earn any rewards.

From what I can tell this change only impacts the last mission refresh since there's not enough time left for another full refresh. If you did your missions prior to that and they wouldn't have refreshed, you didn't lose anything because it's still the same points (though you certainly put in more effort for them). If the mission somehow refreshed on time then you'd still benefit from the easier difficulty. It'd suck if you have no time to play again before the event ends, but it ends at 9pm PST so there should be enough time to get a few last missions in?
  • Look guys, can't you see? They finally fixed the boosts problem! Somehow they figured out that if they didn't have astronomically leveled enemies that are impossible to beat without boosts, then boost usage would be lowered overall! Genius!

All kidding aside, my lvl 220 enemies dropped to 45. Definitely needed a breather from all these lvl 100+ matches that's in every event recently. I might actually start to think this game might be casual and fun again!
  • FWIW all the missions that are worth 100+ points still have lvl 230 enemies, and the missions worth less points have enemies around lvl180.
  • My levels haven't changed much.

And I've farmed the 3 DA missions plenty. Annoying that I still haven't gotten the 500 ISO rewards. Might give them each one more whack but doubt it.
  • It's been noticeable to me that my bracket's activity has been dead. I ground into the top 25 a few days ago and have played one or two missions a day since and I haven't noticed anyone go past me or even get into the top 25 if they weren't already there. I guess the fact that it's only 1 Daredevil cover whether you're first or 25th or 50th triggers that.

I've been able to play a few quick games while on break (including beating the missions I'd never bothered with for the 200 iso bonus) and get up to 17th, just hoping there's not a flood in the last hours as people discover this which drives me out of top 50. That would kind of suck.
  • Came home from work and had lower level bad guys. For the entire event I had mostly high level/230 level dark avengers and bad guys. Why has this changed 5 hours before the end?

Also, was there some 12 hour reset where you can replay the missions?

I honestly have no idea **** is going on with this event and there are 50 pages of ****, it seems.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    Came home from work and had lower level bad guys. For the entire event I had mostly high level/230 level dark avengers and bad guys. Why has this changed 5 hours before the end?

Also, was there some 12 hour reset where you can replay the missions?

I honestly have no idea **** is going on with this event and there are 50 pages of ****, it seems.

Had the same thing happen to me, eevrything dropped in levels pretty drastically today. All I can assume is that they put in more fixes too little too late, or it took THAT long for the fixes to reach some people.

Either way, someone needs to seriously look at coding/what's going on with scaling before they run another event.