**** Venom (Eddie Brock) ****

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    This Venom was made to run with Carnage. It's why they share 2 colors, it's why Venom's green only works well with Carnage and encourages you to run 5/5/3 carnage with 5/3/5 Venom. You have three skills at 7, 7, 9 that can do massive dmg quickly
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    This Venom was made to run with Carnage. It's why they share 2 colors, it's why Venom's green only works well with Carnage and encourages you to run 5/5/3 carnage with 5/3/5 Venom. You have three skills at 7, 7, 9 that can do massive dmg quickly

This is absolutely designed as a duo and a crazy one at that when you actually consider what you can do once you start firing off some powers. Combine this with someone who can generate your own protect tiles or health maybe such Kamala Khan then you could have a horrifyingly good defensive team as well as brutal offensive team.
  • Azoth658 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

This is absolutely designed as a duo and a crazy one at that when you actually consider what you can do once you start firing off some powers. Combine this with someone who can generate your own protect tiles or health maybe such Kamala Khan then you could have a horrifyingly good defensive team as well as brutal offensive team.

Which is very weird from a lore standpoint as Venom hates Carnage even more than Spiderman.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

Which is very weird from a lore standpoint as Venom hates Carnage even more than Spiderman.

Actually whilst there is a deep hatred Venom cares for Carnage as he gave birth to him and doesn't want their race to become extinct. (Recommend reading the graphic novel of Venom Vs Carnage & subsequently Toxin). Carnage on the other hand despises Venom and is clearly insane, which is why he has never been even close to the good guys unlike Venom who due to a number of hosts has been on that Punisher style good guy bad guy line a few times.

So would kind of make sense how Venom can use Carnage's abilities to strengthen his own but by being with Carnage his passive makes the enemy stronger (ok I'm out on a limb)
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:

But if you run a 5/3/5 you are adding 25% to all the enemy attack tiles :S

I guess the good is that is a really fast team, maybe even PvP viable, but you are going to suffer damage no matter what... Good for defense maybe?
  • Azoth658
    Polares wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

I guess the good is that is a really fast team, maybe even PvP viable, but you are going to suffer damage no matter what... Good for defense maybe?

No matter who I was rocking I would not run against a maxed Carnage and Venom because think of the health you would lose trying to down them even if your attack tiles are being strengthened. An absolutely ingenious defensive team.

Get your score up as high as you can then win the last match with those two and maybe maxed Loki, Hood or Khan and it would put pretty much anyone off. Simply because only the most hardened shield hoppers will attack you at that point.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

True, although there was an update, so now it's only 20% so you would bring Carnage's tiles to 108 unbuffed.

Carnage and Venom's Green do about the same amount of dmg per AP. Carnage has highest potential at around 10K assuming you get it full, but I"ve found it to usually hit for around 4-6K. Solo I don't think it's worth respeccing Carnage from a 5/3/5 but as this duo, I would probably go 5/5/3. Venom's green is actually insane in this duo. If they have 6 tiles out you are doing 3316 for 7 AP, and creating a 6 tile cascade. If they have 10 tiles out, still 3316 dmg but 10 tile cascade. Yeah, these 2 are going to be trouble, throw in Mr. Fantastic, yeah that's right, Mr. Fantastic, as a third and I would avoid that at all costs in SHIELD SIM .

Edit: Long term plan I think once I got a fully covered and useable Venom, I would convert Carnage to 5/5/3. Until then, 5/3/5 is better at the moment. Hopefully Mr. Fantastic gets another useable partner because Carnage is the only way Mr. F is viable in PvP and weaking Carnage doesn't help. But long term, Venom and Carnage and a much stronger duo.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    Hello Everyone,

I did update the stats on the first post after making changes. Please review and notice that I underlined the changes so it's clear what was changed.

Cthulu
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

I did update the stats on the first post after making changes. Please review and notice that I underlined the changes so it's clear what was changed.

Cthulu

Thank you for recognizing our concerns with Venom's Black especially at the earlier covers. I forgot exactly what the original stats were but it looks much better.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

Cthulu
    Steam version miss description for Green(symbiotic fury). There nothing about reduce cost icon_e_wink.gif
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    His old version is here:
    http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Venom_(Eddie_Brock)?oldid=36474
    (old revision on the wiki)

His green got a slight boost 3316 damage vs 3020 damage at max
    His black got better in both protect and attack tile aspects at all levels except level 5, which doesnt reduce protects as much, but better on the attack tile end (no benefit to enemies)

edit:
    this is a better link, shows the differences side by side icon_e_smile.gif
    http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki/Venom_(Eddie_Brock)?diff=cur&oldid=36474
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 689 Critical Contributor
    In the Venom Bomb preview, Symbiotic Fury (green) doesn't mention special tiles reducing the cost.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Cthulhu wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

Cthulu

Thanks for the update and the post pointing it out! As a future suggestion, would you consider copy/pasting the old stats behind a spoiler tag at the bottom of the post? That lets us see a direct comparison the changes make (and hopefully will take far less effort than keeping a running "old: xyz" field next to each change).

Thanks again, especially for considering the players' feedback.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're now better off having 5 covers in black instead of 0, which is a nice change. All hail Cthulhu!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    His black is definitely less awful now, but I still don't see a good reason to go 5/3/5 instead of 5/0/5
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    His black is definitely less awful now, but I still don't see a good reason to go 5/3/5 instead of 5/0/5

Yeah, 35% vs 20% isn't that big of a difference in benefits.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:

I would him against the annoying 2* Bullseye in PVE. Although using your abilities is more important than match damage, I absolutely hate seeing -1 when I match tiles! icon_mad.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    simonsez wrote:

Yeah, 35% vs 20% isn't that big of a difference in benefits.

Yeah, now it is better obviously, but I think the progression should have been 20% at 2 covers, 15% at 3, then 10 at 4 and 0 at 5. And probably the good bits affect both shields AND strike tiles, that would have been fair.

I guess the only reason to go from 5/0/5 to 5/3/5 is to level him to max :S

As I said before a power never should be like that, you should always have more advantages than disadvantages (e.g. like Carnage ones, black for example starts at parity but each new cover makes it better for the user, but starts at parity not you get it at 5 covers!!!), and devs seem they don't understand that attack tiles are 10 times more useful than shield tiles.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    The most simple and elegant solution I have to make this guy playable is to let green generate AP and you can keep the yellow and black as is
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wow I think I prefer current XForce to this guy @ same color scheme, he has to be the worst 4* in quite a while. I know he may have some synergy with Carnage but other than that he is lacking as a stand alone character.