**** Venom (Eddie Brock) ****

13468911

Comments

  • simonsezsimonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would him against the annoying 2* Bullseye in PVE. Although using your abilities is more important than match damage, I absolutely hate seeing -1 when I match tiles! icon_mad.gif
    Come on, is he really going to be your go-to option against Bullseye, when you have other characters that can erase the tiles, or flip them to your favor? And if you go 5/3/5, you're probably going to still see "-1" most of the time.
  • simonsez wrote:
    His black is definitely less awful now, but I still don't see a good reason to go 5/3/5 instead of 5/0/5

    Would the health from the levels and match damage make up for the situational damage boost against him?

    That being said I also wouldn't mind a "Only active when enemy has protect tiles out" clause to it too. Can't get the attack tile bonus unless you have a shield that's getting penetrated.
  • fmftintfmftint Posts: 3,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having to go 5 in a cover for an ability not to be a handicap is terrible design. NO ability should be a handicap, period.
  • MonochromizeMonochromize Age Unconfirmed Posts: 62
    What a string of awful 4*'s
  • I've said it twice now so this marks the third. I don't think this guy is that bad. It may be just like ghost rider in that I just like venom so much that I don't care. But at the end of the day, it means for me that I'll have more chances to get him I guess. I've wanted venom in this game for a long time and not the 1* version. Now I've got the chance to get him. I'm going to work just as hard for him as I did for ghost rider. Though I know I'll probaly still not get more than a single cover -.-
  • HxiiiKHxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    Give and Take - Passive blacktile.png
    (PASSIVE) Venom's symbiote powers allow them to stalk their prey, but make Venom vulnerable to fire and sonics. Enemy Protect tiles’ strength are reduced by 25% and enemy Attack tiles’ strength are increased by 20%.

    Isn't it weird that according to the new Venom Bomb PvE, Ironman actually commented that his sonics are not working on the symbiotes, but Venom himself still is affected? icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

    Playing on to see what the cause of it is though so withholding further comments for now
  • atomzedatomzed Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    What a string of awful 4*'s

    Miles and Ghost rider isn't *that* bad.
  • HxiiiKHxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    atomzed wrote:
    What a string of awful 4*'s

    Miles and Ghost rider isn't *that* bad.

    I feel it's less of a ZOMG ALL THES 4*S ARE SO BAD but rather if they did something just slightly differently it would have been a formidable 4*
  • atomzedatomzed Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    HxiiiK wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    What a string of awful 4*'s

    Miles and Ghost rider isn't *that* bad.

    I feel it's less of a ZOMG ALL THES 4*S ARE SO BAD but rather if they did something just slightly differently it would have been a formidable 4*

    They are just not GOD tier like IMHB, IM and JG.
  • atomzed wrote:
    They are just not GOD tier like IMHB, IM and JG.
    4Cyke, Rulk and Laura are fairly recent and also good, could have been on their level.
  • atomzedatomzed Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    ShionSinX wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    They are just not GOD tier like IMHB, IM and JG.
    4Cyke, Rulk and Laura are fairly recent and also good, could have been on their level.

    Some may say that Laura is low tier.

    After playing with miles, I think he plays more like Goddess thor. Slow to build up, but with some momentum, can be fairly fast. His invisible tile will also help to keep him out of harm way.
  • NepentheNepenthe Age Unconfirmed Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Was the design goal with this Venom to be kinda dangerous to Spiderman (3*) and on the losing end of near-mutual destruction vs Carnage? Because that seems to be where he's at. And why doesn't he make web tiles? At least then he might be worth teaming up with Peter or Miles.
  • notamutantnotamutant Age Unconfirmed Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Nepenthe wrote:
    Was the design goal with this Venom to be kinda dangerous to Spiderman (3*) and on the losing end of near-mutual destruction vs Carnage? Because that seems to be where he's at. And why doesn't he make web tiles? At least then he might be worth teaming up with Peter or Miles.

    I am almost certain another Spider-Man is coming out soon that will make web tiles.
  • SandwichboySandwichboy Age Unconfirmed Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Miles and Ghost Rider are fine. Both are solid mid tier characters that can really shine under the right circumstances, but still work without them. Chulk and Venom are just...misguided design. Sure venom works great with Carnage, but he is NEVER going to be a sustainable pvp character no matter who he's paired with, so that's not much to work with. Kind of looks like Doc Ock to me; against the right opposing team build he'll be a beast, but anything else he's dead weight.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Friend of mine created a non-graffic simulator to test characters. He based on current, Carnage And Venom are insane together PvP. They don't last long as a lot of dmg is on the board but you do not want to attack into it. Carnage is the key though if you do, you have to kill him first. But this duo is up there with IMHB/JG.

    That being said his black is awful. It should only effect your tiles. Weakening your protect or strengthening your attack or vice versa. Wearing your attack and strengthening your protect, with the weakening aspect less as you level and strengthening more. But as others have said, you should never be better off not having a skill and venom is just that
  • atomzedatomzed Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Friend of mine created a non-graffic simulator to test characters. He based on current, Carnage And Venom are insane together PvP. They don't last long as a lot of dmg is on the board but you do not want to attack into it. Carnage is the key though if you do, you have to kill him first. But this duo is up there with IMHB/JG.

    That being said his black is awful. It should only effect your tiles. Weakening your protect or strengthening your attack or vice versa. Wearing your attack and strengthening your protect, with the weakening aspect less as you level and strengthening more. But as others have said, you should never be better off not having a skill and venom is just that

    Now that carnage and venom is shown to be a team with great synergy... could it be the reason why his black is so bad , so that they weaken this pairing?
  • simonsezsimonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can someone explain this synergy to me? Venom's passive just means Carnage suicides you faster. Where is Venom helping? The only reason the PvE nodes are a pain is because they're lv300+ and have a goon generating red and green and/or making strike tiles.
  • CrowlCrowl Posts: 1,504 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Can someone explain this synergy to me? Venom's passive just means Carnage suicides you faster. Where is Venom helping? The only reason the PvE nodes are a pain is because they're lv300+ and have a goon generating red and green and/or making strike tiles.

    Isn't the synergy from carnage's passive reducing the cost of the venom's green so you have 3 cheap nukes in different colours even without the huge boost from the goon?
  • Isay_IsayIsay_Isay Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    Crowl wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    Can someone explain this synergy to me? Venom's passive just means Carnage suicides you faster. Where is Venom helping? The only reason the PvE nodes are a pain is because they're lv300+ and have a goon generating red and green and/or making strike tiles.

    Isn't the synergy from carnage's passive reducing the cost of the venom's green so you have 3 cheap nukes in different colours even without the huge boost from the goon?

    But who is going to trigger Carnage's passive - you or your opponent? After that you'll need to gather the Red/Green necessary while leaving the enemy special tiles out to keep Venom's green cheap. The PVE nodes are the optimal conditions for the combo since they're fed the necessary AP and have to do very little to the board to gain the benefits.
  • PhaserhawkPhaserhawk Age Unconfirmed Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Can someone explain this synergy to me? Venom's passive just means Carnage suicides you faster. Where is Venom helping? The only reason the PvE nodes are a pain is because they're lv300+ and have a goon generating red and green and/or making strike tiles.

    They are fast and mean and great shield hopping. PvE they are not, this is pure PvP synergy. What people are not seeing yet, but I was with my friends simulator was how much AP you are generating from cascades off of Venom's green. It doesn't take much to get enemy tiles out with Carnage you can easily get 6 in no time to cheapen it fully any more and you get bigger cascades.. While not fun, you are only taking an extra 18 dmg per Carnage tile that you weren't before if you have Venom 5/3/5. Between Carnage's red and Venom's yellow. Not taken Carnage's AoE into factor you are averaging 640 dmg per AP per single target with that duo. That's the highest in game other than 5*'s.

    But the synergy is simple. Carnage passive creates loads of special tiles that cheapens Venom's green that increases it's tile destruction which increases cascades which gives you free AP which allows you to fire out lots of dmg. The trade off, you take a lot of dmg in return.
Sign In or Register to comment.