***** Silver Surfer (Skyrider) *****

Comments

• mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Perfect Being - 12 bluetile.png AP
    The Silver Surfer glows bright with a halo of cosmic energy, removing any imperfections from himself and spreading cosmic radiation across the battlefield. He heals himself for 2745 and creates 2 Charged tiles.

(PASSIVE) If there are more than 6 blue tiles on the board, Silver Surfer cannot be stunned.

I think a change like this is needed to stop him from being "god mode".

He would still be really powerful but give you the edge you need to make him beatable.

I really hope the devs consider something like this. Right now he is simply "god mode".
  • Dracodad wrote:
    I don't post often, but here it is. Silver surfer, as he is, is a game killer. A single character, who, by himself, makes all other characters worthless. All the characters we have invested all this time and effort to build suddenly don't matter. And why doesn't he affect scaling/mmr? It will take most of us a long time to acquire this nuclear bomb disaster of a character, but once the 10% drop rate starts, I agree that the superwhales will start showing up with him. So what happens then?

Once I see useable surfers appearing in my brackets, that will be it. After almost two years, that will end it for me.

This is the end for me. I've had my ups and downs with MPQ but I've stuck on.

But today I'm throwing in the towel. I quit. I have left my alliance. I have uninstalled the game. I've poured $100 and hundreds of hours into this game.

And I'm done.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dracodad wrote:
    4. This will also result in a maximum number of legendary tokens for the player with a surfer, allowing him to build other 5*, or 6*, or 11* for all I know, much faster than anyone else. And meantime, he can use all this HP and ISO pouring in to immediately whale any new 4* without spending much, if any, money.

One way to combat this is to stop people from stocking up these legendary tokens. Make it, so that it opens as soon as you earn them. That way when a new 5* is released, they wont have access to their huge stock pile to jump start over everyone else. Still doesn't stop them dominating the events and earning more tokens than everyone else.
  • Isay_Isay
    Isay_Isay Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Playing around with the loaner in the Season node, some quick tidbits-
    1) The Black Hole tile can be destroyed in a match 4/match 5 cascade because I guess physics?
    2) When the AI was faced with this:
    bluetile.pngtutile.png
    BH bluetile.png
    bluetile.pngtutile.png

They tried to make the Blue match and lost a move. Probably a bug, but interesting.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Just won his red cover in a legendary token. My god the match damage is insane. I just use him now to tank and get massive dmg from matches from the get go. I wish I got his blue but beggers can't be choosers.
  • Isay_Isay wrote:
    Playing around with the loaner in the Season node, some quick tidbits-
    1) The Black Hole tile can be destroyed in a match 4/match 5 cascade because I guess physics?
    2) When the AI was faced with this:
    bluetile.pngtutile.png
    BH bluetile.png
    bluetile.pngtutile.png

They tried to make the Blue match and lost a move. Probably a bug, but interesting.
    A friend was caught in a position like this, but it was the last more avaliable in the board. The game tried to show him the avaliable match but he couldn't move because of the BH. He had to leave the fight.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Okay, I finally got my video out of Silver Surfer in action. I put more details in the general forum post.

Part 1: https://youtu.be/_dpRmAeEd6o

Part 2: https://youtu.be/6hx_Hh4b47c

Part 3: https://youtu.be/bTxfPBYUPto
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    My main question: are all 3 of Surfer's powers teamups?

Black is, has been traded in my alliance. I assume Red is, being a basic attack.

But what about blue? It's a self-heal with charged tiles ... just like ... Lightning Rod. icon_cry.gif

Please, RNGesus, tell me we don't have another, useless, Lightning Rod-esque teamup in the game? Anyone know?

Any other questions out there about Surfer teamups?
    I was thinking blue would be ineligible, but I completely forgot that it makes charged tiles. Uhm, at least his other two team-ups will be useful?
  • wiz_biz
    wiz_biz Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    i can confirm that red can certainly be used as a TU as well...
  • Raisse
    Raisse Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Blue is not a valid team up. It's the only color I have and not eligible.
  • Just wondering, how long does it take to send another surfer TU?
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    I find it odd that his singularity doesn't go away when he's downed. Not sure if it's a bug or a feature.
  • W4LAndre
    W4LAndre Posts: 73 Match Maker
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Just wondering, how long does it take to send another surfer TU?

I sent mine away last week and the patrol time was 1 day 4 hours
  • Not sure if this has been mentioned, but you can have two black holes next to each other and one can trigger and 'eat' the other one. Seems strange. So, for all you SS'ers who want to save up 26 black, don't put them by each other icon_e_smile.gif
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    drcassino wrote:
    I find it odd that his singularity doesn't go away when he's downed. Not sure if it's a bug or a feature.

A regular count down tile represents a character focusing or "building up" to do an ability so if they are downed it would make sense to go away, while a black hole is just... a black hole. I would assume its a feature and the black hole is treated like a strike, protect, or attack tile unless a dev comments otherwise.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raisse wrote:
    Blue is not a valid team up. It's the only color I have and not eligible.
    I expect the reason this is unavailable is because it's both an active and a passive skill. No passive skills (actually marked with "(PASSIVE)") are available for TUs.

Otherwise, this would have been just as eligible as sigh Lightning Rod.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Beat the King today. The PvP matchup tried to scare me away by telling me that his surfer was level 732. icon_e_smile.gif

Mystique - level 290, 13,933 Health
    Surfer - level ???, 33,562 Health
    Carnage - level 350, 20,140 Health.

Combined total of 67,635 health to take down, while taking down surfer quickly in order to prevent him from healing.

I matched his Carnage with my own and then threw in a boosted level 310 MRF. Took Surfer down with Mystique's masterstroke and two of Carnage's red AoE. The match damage and the double Carnage attack tiles did the rest. After that, I had no mystique and carnage was over half dead. Took out mystique next so that she couldn't stun, battery, or masterstroke. For the rest of the match, I just tried to soak up damage with MRF, since he was being healed every time the AI matched one of my tiles for about 4,000. The great thing about having two carnages in the game: so many friendly tiles out there to heal me.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I don't know if this is a bug or not, but Silver Surfer's black hole stays out after he's dead.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Buret0 wrote:
    Beat the King today. The PvP matchup tried to scare me away by telling me that his surfer was level 732. icon_e_smile.gif

Mystique - level 290, 13,933 Health
    Surfer - level ???, 33,562 Health
    Carnage - level 350, 20,140 Health.

Combined total of 67,635 health to take down, while taking down surfer quickly in order to prevent him from healing.

I matched his Carnage with my own and then threw in a boosted level 310 MRF. Took Surfer down with Mystique's masterstroke and two of Carnage's red AoE. The match damage and the double Carnage attack tiles did the rest. After that, I had no mystique and carnage was over half dead. Took out mystique next so that she couldn't stun, battery, or masterstroke. For the rest of the match, I just tried to soak up damage with MRF, since he was being healed every time the AI matched one of my tiles for about 4,000. The great thing about having two carnages in the game: so many friendly tiles out there to heal me.

Wow, you actually found a way to make Mr F useful. I am impressed. Good tactical awareness. Honestly, that is more impressive than taking down SS.
  • SirLanik
    SirLanik Posts: 345 Mover and Shaker
    I've seen multiple people mention casually that Silver Surfer did not affect scaling, and after I got him in my first Legendary token, I added him to my roster gleefully. (I love having the characters)

The problem? My average level for three star characters is maybe 110 or so, with only one three star fully covered.

And suddenly all my PVP matches are all 240s or 270s.

So while many people have said he shouldn't affect your match ratings, the fact that even after 20 consecutive skips I couldn't find an opponent that had characters within even 100 levels of mine, well, I'm beginning to think he DOES affect PVP.

My current PVE has not noticeably changed, though I started it before I recruited Silver Surfer.

TL;DR My PVP is now unplayable by a massive margin, likely Silver Surfers fault.