The Gauntlet - Ultron Edition (Sept. 07th- Sept. 14th, 2015)

Options

Comments

• dswan3rd
    dswan3rd Posts: 205 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How are people managing node 34?

I've tried 3cap/obw/hood but haven't managed to get th blues to stun carnage.

I *think* I used LCap/Spidey/DocOck - this is the one time that doc's blue REALLY came in handy to deal with tiles from Carnage and Ant-Man, and his black helped a ton as well.
  • For the Carnage fight, I used Wolv/OBW/Loki and ap denied Carnage, then when Antman stole my strike tiles, stole them right back after popping his blue timer.

It was incredibly close, but I pulled it off.

Im at the point Im seriously considering spending the 500 HP for a moonstone Black cover, node 41 is destroying me right now and my roster can't handle that auto attack/protect tile. One more moonstone black would allow me to steal both tiles at once and could be the keypoint to winning it.

This is a slightly outdated roster for me:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=30214&start=20#p404317

Key notes, I have Reed, Ive leveled all of the 2 stars except moonstone to 94, and she's up to 80ish. I do have She Hulk, but shes only 1/1/1 so she's level 45.
  • ESN91
    ESN91 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Hulk or Captain Marvel is probably a good start. If you are going to take damage every turn from Iron Fist's attack tile, might as well make it count. Defense tiles might help mitigate the damage. And then there's outright stealing the tile.
    With Hood there you probably want fast powers too...

Thank You Quebbster !
    Hulk and Capt. Marvel (and a few bonuses) did the job !
    3 fights to go to have 4* Thor ^_^

PS : Thanks SnagglePuss for your answer !
    PS2 : Sorry for my poor English (not my native language)
  • rowdster
    rowdster Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For you 3* roster guys like me, I just crushed 38 and 39 with Hood/Patch/Loki. I had failed maybe a dozen times on 38 before.

Let loki store up from big matches, get your black, patch attack someone other than Thing, let him shield, and then reverse a few thousand into damage and wipe them clean in seconds. Crazy.

Prior to that, use SW, DP, and maybe spiderman. Save your DP up to 1 or two whale attacks, using DP red to knock down the big guys so a whale attack takes them out. I flew through almost everything with just SW and DP who I don't have maxed out.
  • Anyone else noticed that all the final few nodes are characters that forum users have constantly said are overpowered?

I've got an idea, let's all start complaining about weak characters being overpowered and see if they end up as the final node on the next gauntlet.

Next Gauntlet tremble in fear at Lvl 395 Starlord and Yelena for the final node.
  • Beat 41 with 2Wolv, 2Dak, Moonstone, and a well used Loki Trickery TU!

Only one more node and the essentials left! And I have enough Deadpool Points for 2 Whalings!
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What are the prizes on the final non-essential node? I'm considering bailing on the last few, don't need the last of the progression but want to make sure there isn't a hidden gem there.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    What are the prizes on the final non-essential node? I'm considering bailing on the last few, don't need the last of the progression but want to make sure there isn't a hidden gem there.

It's just cycling 2000 Iso for me.
  • Any help on 26? Colossus, SW and IF. Who do I kill first?
  • Aznbala wrote:
    Any help on 26? Colossus, SW and IF. Who do I kill first?

IF. SW. Colossus, IMO.
  • Dayv
    Options
    Haetron wrote:
    Aznbala wrote:

IF. SW. Colossus, IMO.
    I started work on IF, got him under my Whales! damage, and then switched to Scarlet Witch while gathering a bit more purple.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    Haetron wrote:
    Aznbala wrote:

IF. SW. Colossus, IMO.
    I started work on IF, got him under my Whales! damage, and then switched to Scarlet Witch while gathering a bit more purple.

Blade, LDaken, LThor demolished this node. get blade's black out asap.. the node finishes itself. Strike tiles from Daken and Blade made Blade purple max strength..
  • rowdster
    Options
    Finally cleared 41 with a loaded Patch,LDaken,Loki! Took out DP, LC, then IF. Took two tries.
  • rowdster
    Options
    Just cleared 42 with 0 damage using SW, Rogers, Blade, and boosts. Probably wasted my boosts.
  • Yeah, I didn't beat 42 my first few tries but it seems much easier than the previous node!
  • rowdster
    Options
    Best 3* team for first quicksilver essential on System Failure? I can't take out IF, IM and Hood. They are level 338!
  • My blade is only level 66
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    rowdster wrote:
    Best 3* team for first quicksilver essential on System Failure? I can't take out IF, IM and Hood. They are level 338!

how is your 3* mags, his powers are cheap and hit hard.. can take out hood before he does too much damage, then pop his shields to nullify IF.. bring a couple control shift team ups and get some attack tiles on your side.
  • Can't seem to beat node 38 with Thing, Kamala Hhan and Cyclops. My team is all 3** and I have been using Cap, Cage and Patch. Any help please?
  • Dayv
    Options
    glh205 wrote:
    Can't seem to beat node 38 with Thing, Kamala Hhan and Cyclops. My team is all 3** and I have been using Cap, Cage and Patch. Any help please?
    I don't know your roster, so what I would focus on with that team is building up big attacks to take out Kamala (and stop the healing), but hanging onto them until you can stun Thing with Cap's blue. Stun him, unleash fury, move on to Thing or Cyclops (I forget what order I did those two in). You may want to boost some AP to get a faster start, possibly +2 all and +2 red/yellow for your skill set (If you boost blue, the purple is wasted on that team), leaving one slot open for a very strong Team-Up.

I used 4* Wolverine, 3* Deadpool, and 3* Cap, if I recall correctly. Once you get the Captain America countdowns going, life gets easier. Wiped once without boosting, then beat it with boosts.