The Gauntlet - Ultron Edition (Sept. 07th- Sept. 14th, 2015)

Options

Comments

• TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Finally beat the Hulkbuster / Iron Fist / Hood node. Last node for me. Wiped at least 5-7 times. Used double boosts and was finally able to get enough pink for WHALES. So excited to get Thor Yellow!

Then went to play a quick simulator round. AI got silly chains from Hulk thunder clap and was demolished. LOL. Can't win for losing!
    glh205 wrote:
    Can't seem to beat node 38 with Thing, Kamala Hhan and Cyclops. My team is all 3** and I have been using Cap, Cage and Patch. Any help please?

This is easy if you use patch / loki. Build up enough black and green (and red if possible). Then use Patch green on Kamala. Thing will step in to protect and create protect tiles. Then use Loki black to transform the yellow protect tiles and the pink strike tiles. Then go after Thing, then KK. You can use Quicksilver as your third. (Good luck if you don't have those characters!).
  • NNCSavage
    NNCSavage Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2015
    Options
    2* roster only here. no bullseye, bagman or moonstone. not much else of note except 1/1/1 ant-man, 3/2/2 cyke and 1/5/3 3* torch

2* wolv, 2* daken, ant-man
    Without boost and a lucky starter board (blue 5match + 3match to start) and best i could do in 10 attempts was IF left with 5k and I was one red match from a 5k adamantium strike.

I managed to beat 41 with above team, +2 blue/purple, +2 all AP, storm ae + stun TU (3rd attempt with boosts)
    get a steal out ASAP, pray for 2 armor + 1 attack. then hope they hold until you can get 3 of each stolen.

Really need to take down one of the essential nodes. 42 itself wont give progression enough for the cover.
    my QS is 1 blue cover, same with MrF so they are mostly worthless.
    Would appreciate any ideas for a 2* team that could work one of those last 4 nodes.
    Really need that blade cover for PvE progression =)

edit:
    managed to win with 2* wolv/daken + QS for the first essential and snag my blade cover.
    board did not start out well but a lucky cascade took the last 3k health from hood.
    tanked attack tile with QS as much as possible, alternating daken in to take one every so often and then heal up to take a big hit later and live.
    I was able to deny colors the rest of the match reasonably well but a small cascade gave black over to IMHB
    Daken was over 6k health and i knew a repulsor blast was coming - was able to get him to tank it but the 5k dmg plus a horrendous cascade took out his last 1100dmg.
    keep denying red/black then green for feral strike and TU
    let IMHB get to 7500ish hp and used a little off the the top for max effect (about 4500 plus strike damage)
    he got off a blue with 195hp left but my strike tile were able to compensate.

never got more than 6 red the entire match where normally adamantium slash was my bread and butter for taking out enemies in the gauntlet.
    red was scarce most of the match but had 5-6 strike tiles out on them
    i brought 2 a little off the tops and one righteous uppercut but TUs were rare on the board.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    Finished up to node 42 on my stream, nonessentials for those looking for tips tricks and strategy

I'm stuck on 41 - any tips??
  • adampq
    Options
    Simulation 35 is killing me. What worked, guys?
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Beginning to wonder if I've hit the wall with my current roster. On node 35, have been targeting blade with Patch1/1/4, daken 4/4/5, and Loki 3/1/4. My Ldaken is only 2/3/5 and isn't buffed. Wasted a number of team ups trying to clear this one.

Been attacking blade-->cage-->Ultron

I've gotten close but run out of black from Loki and Ultron overwhelms me with his copy move.

My "realistic?" goal is to at least get a scarlet witch cover, which seems like 5 more nodes(seems 2 nodes to a reward level). I have a whale charged up, but only one.

Do you think this node is do-able with his setup/level or switch it up?
  • PeeOne
    Options
    Beginning to wonder if I've hit the wall with my current roster. On node 35, have been targeting blade with Patch1/1/4, daken 4/4/5, and Loki 3/1/4.

I know this won't 100% help as you are missing the SW Blue cover

But for almost every single node over the 3 events I have used Blackwidow grey suit (166), quicksilver (normally 104 but 198 with the boost) and Scarlet witch (normally 114 but 159 with the boost)

I boost up stock pile of purple and green gems. The SW blue cover converts tiles to purple which allows BW GREY to collect them quicker. Meaning I can use that power to convert green tiles to use the sniper rifle power - at that level 1 shot causes 4000 damage to all three opponents

QS - black power is used to move tiles around to collect purple and green tiles
  • Ouroboros9999
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    On node 35
    Do you think this node is do-able with his setup/level or switch it up?

With your roster, I think, 2* Wolverine would be better, than Patch.. he's boosted, and he doesn't give strike tiles to the enemy. The order of attack is correct, Blade, Luke Cage and lastly Ultron

It should be doable, with Wolverine, Daken and Hawkeye and use brute force.

Or swap Hawkeye with Loki to swap Luke Cage's and Blade's tiles.. with only 3 covers, Trickery should still be able to manage to flip some..

Don't worry if Ultron copies the tiles, they become weaker, in general.. obviously we don't want too many of them to be lying around.

You could bring Mohawk to fill the board with your own attack tiles as an alternative.. she should be protected by Wolvie and Daken.

It's even possible to use Hawkeye, Storm and Magneto, with +2 bluetile.pngpurpletile.png and/or +2 all colour boosts

That worked, thanks. Took 3 tries but 2wolv/2daken/Loki held out long enough. First 2 fails they got too much yellow and Cage wrecked me.
    Appreciate it!
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Options
    I finished every simulation in all three parts of the gauntlet except Mr. Fantastic essential, so got all rewards except Thoress. Overall I would say it was quite difficult. I'd like to thank everyone here for all their advice. I do not think I could have done even what I did without assistance in thinking out some builds. Going back to do the QS essentials and Steve Rogers essentials yesterday and today was (IMO) a nice break, those nodes seemed far less threatening for the most part. And having enough QS covers to get him to 102 he actually provided some utility, if limited.
    I am disappointed that you need Mr. Fantastic to finish everything but that's the way of this game, nothing new there. If you don't "catch em all" one way or the other you won't be able to do everything.
  • Any way to beat node 38 without Loki?
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    Anyone got any tips for Node 37 (Sentry Gunner/Bullseye/Blade)? I seem to have hit a bit of a rough patch.

My roster: http://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Krongle/
  • Krongle
    Krongle Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    now considering your roster.. it might still work as Patch can still heal every turn, but his health might be a liability, if using 3* Daken, Loki will take purpletile.png though.. so, it might be better to use your 2* Wolverine and Daken with Loki..

That worked extremely well, thanks a lot!
  • over_clocked
    Options
    That was fun!

kwiOioCl.png

0lVBTLOl.png

I almost, almost managed to beat that node with that team without boosts on the first try, but ultimately failed. To clear the node for the first time, resorted to the team Puerto Rico recommended, Professor X/Blade (spoiler: all but Professor X die in that scenario). But the idea of using IW and Star-Lord didn't want to go away! I killed Ant-Man first, then Carnage, and Ultron Prime was easy after that.
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    Brilliant tip whoever said Hood/Shulk/KK for 41, worked second time, had 3 reversed IF tiles tucked away at the bottom of the board rinsing them! Just gotta take out XFDP first to avoid that annoyING retaliation.

After that, 42 was actually pretty easy! Loki/OBW/Cmags...steal and attack, alternating blue between mags and OBW until you have enough defence up to hit em hard

Now, I'm completely stuck on the essentials. When I'm healed I'll have to retry qs/dd/loki that worked on the easier ones but I just can't see that getting passed HB/IF.

It would be such a shame not to finish now but all 3 essentials look so daunting!

Sorry for the long post, any tips? Or is it just whales or luck at this stage?
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    bobbyfish wrote:
    Brilliant tip whoever said Hood/Shulk/KK for 41, worked second time, had 3 reversed IF tiles tucked away at the bottom of the board rinsing them! Just gotta take out XFDP first to avoid that annoyING retaliation.

After that, 42 was actually pretty easy! Loki/OBW/Cmags...steal and attack, alternating blue between mags and OBW until you have enough defence up to hit em hard

Now, I'm completely stuck on the essentials. When I'm healed I'll have to retry qs/dd/loki that worked on the easier ones but I just can't see that getting passed HB/IF.

It would be such a shame not to finish now but all 3 essentials look so daunting!

For what it's worth I took out both the HB/IF node and then the following node on the first try with QS/SW/Lcap. Luck was definitely involved if I recall
  • PeeOne
    Options
    41 is still killing me - someone posted Kk/shulk/hood

They aren't strong enough in my roster

My roster is posted now so if anyone wants to look and has suggestions

Feel free
  • meekersX
    meekersX Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    PeeOne wrote:
    41 is still killing me - someone posted Kk/shulk/hood

They aren't strong enough in my roster

My roster is posted now so if anyone wants to look and has suggestions

Feel free
    I did it with KK/SWitch/LCap, but they aren't strong enough in your roster either. What level are you facing on that node? My approach was to stun IF while overwriting his attack tile to mitigate that damage, and to stun DP before using any AoE.

Have you considered using Ant-Man for his blue?
  • Ouroboros9999
    Options
    Also looking for help on node 41. I've tried all the teams listed in this thread and have been owned each time. Im fighting level 234 enemies. I couldraise my level if needed, I have 700K in the bank that I was holding in reserve to avoid scaling problems until I had more covers--but I'd spend it if needed.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Options
    One big challenge is that I make almost no damage with that cage protect tile in place. So I have to convert it with a she hulk blue or Loki black to even start some dps
  • bobbyfish
    Options
    cyineedsn wrote:
    bobbyfish wrote:

For what it's worth I took out both the HB/IF node and then the following node on the first try with QS/SW/Lcap. Luck was definitely involved if I recall

Will give it a go. This is the only node I have left now! EDIT: complete first time with Shulk/KK, first time I've beaten a gauntlet, yes!!!

Beat carnage/ultron/antman second attempt with no boosts using Shulk/KK

Then second attempt at Gorgon/Hulk/Dino using DD and Loki, stuns and traps all the way! Gorgon first, then Dino
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I managed to beat gaunlet without using a single super whale! That is a landmark for me.

My mvp had been SW-GT pair. Used them to beat the last 2 nodes. Even with dead weights like QS and Mr F on board, the two ladies still can over come the dead weight.

As long as I can stun the opponent, GT can do all the smiting, all day long...