***** Silver Surfer (Skyrider) *****

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:
    One of the things I was just thinking about for SS is that players will have no choice for his build, potentially ever. The odds of pulling 13 covers, let alone the ones you want, is going to be tiny. Besides it likely taking well over a year to cover a 5 star, you won't get the "optimal build" forever unless the cards fall out for you. So any discussion about optimal builds will be irrelevant. That combines with the fact that additional covers don't add as much anyhow to skills. So there really is no need for build discussion, because it is irrelevant for all but the .1%.

With that said, it's 3/5/5 and it's not close.

Well yeah. I guess my comment was really more about 5 stars in general. The game will die before people have a choice of builds.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Updated OP with new max health, which was lowered approximately 20%.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:

Blue just got better! Now it heals 33% instead of 25%, nice buff! icon_razz.gif
  • IceIX
    Yep. Totally our intent. All about the buff to Blue. icon_e_smile.gif

But really, it was a change across the tier to keep match times in check. Not that you see the other 5*s yet, but still!
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Yep. Totally our intent. All about the buff to Blue. icon_e_smile.gif

But really, it was a change across the tier to keep match times in check. Not that you see the other 5*s yet, but still!

So if I am reading your post correct, all of the 5*s saw a health decrease across the board?

That sounds like a good idea to me. Even with the higher match damage, 60k seemed like a pretty huge leap (the new "standard class" was about to become more than 3x beefier than the tankiest 4* tank).

And glad to see that match-length is a dev concern. Thanks for the updated info!
  • IceIX
    Vhailorx wrote:
    So if I am reading your post correct, all of the 5*s saw a health decrease across the board?
    Correct, yes.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ice, a question about his blue, if I may:

If Scarlet Witch uses her Reality Crush on a team that has Surfer in it, is it possible that at the end of that nobody on the opposing team is stunned because Surfer got targeted, but he is immune, or does the random stun simply skip Surfer (like normal attacks skip invisible characters) so one of the other two teammates will always be targeted?
  • IceIX
    Der_Lex wrote:

If Scarlet Witch uses her Reality Crush on a team that has Surfer in it, is it possible that at the end of that nobody on the opposing team is stunned because Surfer got targeted, but he is immune, or does the random stun simply skip Surfer (like normal attacks skip invisible characters) so one of the other two teammates will always be targeted?
    Nope, it can randomly target him and be stopped by the immunity. The same can happen when you're fighting Ultron with Scarlet Witch in the group.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    Der_Lex wrote:

Nope, it can randomly target him and be stopped by the immunity. The same can happen when you're fighting Ultron with Scarlet Witch in the group.

Did Silver Surfer's black eat Iceman's stats?
  • IceIX
    Did Silver Surfer's black eat Iceman's stats?
    Nope, I've got a draft of them, just haven't put forum coding to them yet. Been doing balance testing for most of the day.
  • IceIX
    Added character icon. icon_silversurfer.png
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    IceIX wrote:

Oh thank god. Suddenly I feel much better.

Actually for real icon_e_smile.gif
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Talahamut wrote:
    575041_453345218013735_771568152_n.jpg

Care to enlighten me on who all these characters are? I think I only recognise 1 or 2 and that's because they were the final boss for the marvel vs capcom, or was it xmen vs street fighter games.
  • Pongie wrote:
    Talahamut wrote:
    575041_453345218013735_771568152_n.jpg

Care to enlighten me on who all these characters are? I think I only recognise 1 or 2 and that's because they were the final boss for the marvel vs capcom, or was it xmen vs street fighter games.

Left to Right:

Top Row: Master Order, Lord Chaos
    Bottom Row: One of the Celestials (Ziran?), The Stranger, Kronos, Another Celestial (The One Above All), Galactus, Mistress Love, Master Hate, Uatu the Watcher

Next to Thanos is Mephisto, and behind Mephisto is Terraxia.

This is from the Infinity Gauntlet. If you like comics at all, go ahead and go out right now and buy the book that compiles all the issues of this series. It's one of the epics of Marvel Comics. Hands down.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks but I guess I'll have to settle for reading the marvel wiki entries for all these cosmic beings
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    Thanks but I guess I'll have to settle for reading the marvel wiki entries for all these cosmic beings

The beings aren't the reason to buy the collection, the story is one of the best in marvel history, amazingly good read, start to finish.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Added character icon. icon_silversurfer.png
    IMO it should be just the board.
  • Hmm, so if SS and co are going against Jean Grey and he makes a match 5, will the other two people get stunned, but he continues doing what he was doing?
    - Unreall
  • Hmm, so if SS and co are going against Jean Grey and he makes a match 5, will the other two people get stunned, but he continues doing what he was doing?
    - Unreall
    I'm pretty sure his passive only affects himself, so I don't see why the others wouldn't be stunned (unless they are also immune to stun).
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    ShionSinX wrote:
    Hmm, so if SS and co are going against Jean Grey and he makes a match 5, will the other two people get stunned, but he continues doing what he was doing?
    - Unreall
    I'm pretty sure his passive only affects himself, so I don't see why the others wouldn't be stunned (unless they are also immune to stun).

It is going to be another day or two before I get my Silver Surfer video up. I spent 2 hours straight, and then another 2 hours on and off opening 40 packs to stockpile 260 legendary tokens. I suppose if someone had 15k to spend on a game for one character, he would be able to hire someone to open the packs for him. I wish there was an option when opening a pack to just have all the covers go straight to your inventory rather than sitting there clicking for a minute. I know they didn't expect people to buy dozens of packs in a row, but it is still annoying not having that option. It makes it so much harder in my sandbox account to unlock new characters to show off for you guys. They should give me special rights on my sandbox account to unlock characters since I am basically providing free advertising for the game on Youtube. I am getting carpel tunnel syndrome from clicking on the covers for so long.